Proposal: Trade Thread Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
It's strange but I don't know about Hall.

He is gonna turn 29 soon.

He is from Kingston and my friend who worked for Kingston (ohl) told me so many bad stories about him.

Anyhow

My main target instead would be Pietrangelo and if it work, you trade Petry

Reactions: Old Drunk Guy

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
Yes. Why would Columbus do that?
If Clb can't find a way to sign Anderson long term it could be a case of what's more valuable to them organizationally. Anderson on a short term deal or two 2nd round picks in a deep draft. You could obviously sign and move him later but again Clb has 5 picks this year with 4 of those after the 3rd round compared to the Habs 12 picks in a guaranteed deep draft this year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

He is gonna turn 29 soon.

He is from Kingston and my friend who worked for Kingston (ohl) told me so many bad stories about him.

Anyhow

Obviously if you can land Pie you do it, guys so good. How many will he want though? 10 ?

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018

It would be the greatest move MB has ever made but I dont see him even attempting it. Its a ballsy move but imagine - you basically pull an elite asset for no cost & then turn around & trade you own very good asset. You get better - and younger - and your right D is not set for at least 4 -5 years (weber moving to 2nd pairing has got to help all round too).

Reactions: crosbyshow

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Obviously if you can land Pie you do it, guys so good. How many will he want though? 10 ?

Yep. 9.5 - 10.

He is from Ontario. I think that he will signed with the Blues. His wife is from the place...but if is ufa...you have to go after him and we might have a real shot.

Top 3,5 defenseman in the World. He is 30 but with his style he will still be very good at 36,37

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Domi had every opportunity to produce this year and didn't. Then he was moved down in they lineup. It was really unfortunate because I loved his game 2 years ago. If a team knew they were going to get that Max, his value would definitely be higher.

For sure. Two good seasons and the value is higher of course. Uncertainty enters into it, but I am saying he still holds good value, and as a 2C.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

American wife & triplets... Seems like one of the more likely cases of a player that would cross mtl off the list for cultural/family reasons

Reactions: Mrb1p

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
arc Antoine Godin of The Athletic says Domi is on his way out of town and there's only a 20% chance he starts next season in Montreal.
Godin says the combination of the contract negotiations and his spot on the depth chart easily point to Domi being done with the Habs.
"First off, as a restricted free agent with arbitration rights, Domi is exposed to a) a tense relationship with the Canadiens if his case ever winds up in arbitration or, b) committing long-term to the Canadiens to try and cash in on his best season. In either case, the level of confidence of both sides doesn’t seem all that high and the climate doesn’t appear ripe to a long-term arrangement. Another team, however, might be more willing to dive in with Domi, especially if they have their own contract headache to deal with.

Habs should do as Domi is planning to do and cash in on his best season while it’s still recent enough.

Two can play this game, Mr. Ferris.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
After watching Graves in these playoffs, we better stay away unless he is dirt cheap. His good stats don't tell the whole story.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Top Ds and Top Cs are like queens in chess, only an exchange of them is usually worthwhile ( I dont play chess much but I am taking creative license here ). Domi is a C who put up over 70 points 2 years ago. Stop trading him for complimentary/2nd line wingers for crying out loud.

I don’t think this season is going to hurt Domi’s value all that much so long as a counterpart GM sees Domi as a top 6C and not a winger. If that is assumed then there just aren’t all that many top 6Cs in this market that can be had so Domi has intrinsic value.

Reactions: yianik

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
arc Antoine Godin of The Athletic says Domi is on his way out of town and there's only a 20% chance he starts next season in Montreal.
Godin says the combination of the contract negotiations and his spot on the depth chart easily point to Domi being done with the Habs.
"First off, as a restricted free agent with arbitration rights, Domi is exposed to a) a tense relationship with the Canadiens if his case ever winds up in arbitration or, b) committing long-term to the Canadiens to try and cash in on his best season. In either case, the level of confidence of both sides doesn’t seem all that high and the climate doesn’t appear ripe to a long-term arrangement. Another team, however, might be more willing to dive in with Domi, especially if they have their own contract headache to deal with.
20% chance? This guys sounds like a weatherman.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
NHL insider Darren Dreger says Hall is looking at Montreal.
"I think Taylor Hall would be interested in the Montreal Canadiens, he likes playing in that environment...He's not afraid of the media and all of those things."
The forward has been connected to Montreal in the past and would love to work with guys like Brendan Gallagher, Shea Weber and Carey Price.

Or maybe Hall is just looking at Montreal for leverage to sign elsewhere. We’ve seen that movie before.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Now that the Avs are knocked out do you think we're finally gonna see something come from that trip Bergevin had to Colorado earlier this year?:popcorn:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
You clearly did not seen him played

What is the problem. A local kid is dominant out there and we should shut up.

I would give a lot to have him in Mtl
Just how much you are going on about him - nobody said to shut up, chill amigo, was a joke. He is a good Dman I'm sure would have been nice to have if Shaw trade didn't happen.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
NHL insider Darren Dreger says Hall is looking at Montreal.
"I think Taylor Hall would be interested in the Montreal Canadiens, he likes playing in that environment...He's not afraid of the media and all of those things."
The forward has been connected to Montreal in the past and would love to work with guys like Brendan Gallagher, Shea Weber and Carey Price.
Typical Dreger quote:
"Do I think Hall could end up in Montreal? Sure I think that is is a great possibility. Now I'm not saying it will happen or is even likely to. That being said, there is a very good chance he signs there, but don't get me wrong he could also sign somewhere else and that wouldn't surprise me. For what it's worth, I think they have a great shot to sign this player, I just wouldn't get my hopes up if I was a Habs fan"

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
You missed the part where he says he had a plan and couldnt go through with it ? You missed the part where everyone talked about how Girard and Debrincat were scouted by the Habs ?

They didnt ask about Gauthier, Gignac or Allard, why him ?
I recall there being some Timmins and/or MB sightings at his games and speculation about Habs selecting him before draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad