Proposal: Trade Thread Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I like Saad but man what an underwhelming addition he would be. We need more than a Saad type to get to the next level. And he's had multiple underachieving years now too.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Top Ds and Top Cs are like queens in chess, only an exchange of them is usually worthwhile ( I dont play chess much but I am taking creative license here ). Domi is a C who put up over 70 points 2 years ago. Stop trading him for complimentary/2nd line wingers for crying out loud.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Top Ds and Top Cs are like queens in chess, only an exchange of them is usually worthwhile ( I dont play chess much but I am taking creative license here ). Domi is a C who put up over 70 points 2 years ago. Stop trading him for complimentary/2nd line wingers for crying out loud.
Unfortunately he was underwhelming and inconsistent this year, that is what other GM's will use as a gauge to acquire his services.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I guess I'm the only one who would be happy if Habs get Saad. But maybe I'm overrating him also.

He is a bigger winger and can play both wings, Top-6. Since 2014-15, he's only had one season where he scored below 20 goals. He's not a power forward, but he isn't soft by any means. He's been good in the playoffs, too.

Yeah but not for Domi, not by a long shot.....Cap Space is like gold this year, not wasting it for 1 year of Saad especially since we just take a huge chunk for Allen. Would be hugely disapointing.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Wasn't this just McGuire wildly speculating?

I listened to Pierre on TSN690 earlier this week and he was asked about Domi. He said he hasn't heard much but named some teams in the West that he thinks might be a fit for Domi and he did mention the Hawks as a possible fit but I don't remember him mentioning Saad during that segment so it must've been from a different interview. He did say during that segment that he doesn't see the Jets as a fit for Domi.

I've been listening to Pierre on TSN690 for the past few years and it's very rare for him to toss player names around in regards to any possible returns in trades and when he does it's usually just spectulation from him on players that may be a fit going back. I'd be pretty meh on that trade if it did happen.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Domi for Saad? I’d puke. That would be some boycott material for me. Marc bergevin has been doing good traded lately, he’s due to lose one and his love for blackhawk player is obvious. But oh boy that would be insane bad asset management trading domi for one year of Saad, but resigning him would be worst. Lol

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I don't think that so not sure where you are going with that. Not interested in your twisted narrative and Juulsen and the 1st is not in my package to get Laine. My offer is Caufield, Domi, Blues 2nd and Fleury. It's actually lower than what you listed :laugh:. Please tell me how ridiculous that is now. Can't wait. Laine's career stats are 66 pts and 37 goals after 4 seasons.... playing with a stacked PP and top 6 talent too! So yeah, I have his trade value set at 70 pts and 40 goals. Not 80+ pts and 50 goals. Laine is not some perfect forward with zero flaws. Sorry to burst your bubble on that. And Ovechkin's value at age 22 to me was... 100 pts and 50 goals. Not sure you understand my point

Caufield on top of Domi is enough IMO but I feel others are pumping Laine up and Domi down while also treating Caufield as some meh prospect. He's a grade A+ prospect and the prime piece. Domi don't suck either. If the Jets don't like Domi and Caufield, Habs are out. We are willing to add the Blues 2nd and a NHL ready RD but Jets seem to hate this idea and they rather insult us. Sure, we are not going deeper. If they want the 16th OA included with Domi, Caufield is off the table in that package. Other Habs fans can offer their own packages. Their prerogative

And based on how the Jets have treated the Habs, I might take our offer completely off the table and let them try with other teams. I'm not going deeper where they can use our package as a measure for other teams. Good luck with trying to sign him or trade him cause the Jets don't want to give him a $9M or $10M contract.

Lol
Missed the point entirely.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
You don’t know that it’s not true either. Hence my use of the word “likelihood”. It’s my opinion. We’ll agree to disagree.

Nope.

You said "mindset of a Raymond Bourque are just not desirable on any team"

You dont know he does have that attitude, or if he is the nicest guy on the team, or maybe his breath stinks real bad. You are just a guy on the internet who thinks he knows more than he does. Just like me.

Also, I never said my opinion was true, I said there could be many reasons a deal didnt workout, which is true. Heck we dont even know if he really was trying to deal him.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Unfortunately he was underwhelming and inconsistent this year, that is what other GM's will use as a gauge to acquire his services.

Then they dont get him. Teams know what he can do when not in the coaches dog house. Why do we discount our guys ? Josh Anderson played about 26 games and had a goal and 7 points. Columbus is not moving him for the 4th round pick those numbers suggest.

Reactions: Runner77

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
is not that the truth!

Saad brings what? domi at least is tougher
Saad is probably one of the most overrated meh players in the league, idk what these analysts are smoking when they compare top prospects to him, i don't remember who it was but some 1 said he reminded of Kaapo Kakko, i went to check on Saad's highlights and he's nothing alike at all, if Habs grab this guy i will be saad.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I really hope for Laine's sake that you get to grab him, he's suffering in WPG, has to play on a 2nd line with incompetent players and Pionk never feeds him passes on the PP for onetimers, all this and he still was almost PPG with playing alot with bad players as his linemates, he occasionally played with Sheiff etc but even they were not too good this season. But man was he a workhorse, Laine showed an incredible progress in 2way play that people never had seen before, Habs would be perfect for him, free him please!!

Jul 6, 2016
Rumors are talking about a Domi for Saad deal.... Saad is two years older and a 20-25 goal scorer at best. Not crazy about this return if Saad is the only piece coming back to MTL.

Jul 6, 2016
I really hope for Laine's sake that you get to grab him, he's suffering in WPG, has to play on a 2nd line with incompetent players and Pionk never feeds him passes on the PP for onetimers, all this and he still was almost PPG with playing alot with bad players as his linemates, he occasionally played with Sheiff etc but even they were not too good this season. But man was he a workhorse, Laine showed an incredible progress in 2way play that people never had seen before, Habs would be perfect for him, free him please!!

Ready to give Suzuki, Romanov and 1st round pick for him ? That's what Winnipeg would be looking for.

Jul 6, 2016
Domi for Saad? I’d puke. That would be some boycott material for me. Marc bergevin has been doing good traded lately, he’s due to lose one and his love for blackhawk player is obvious. But oh boy that would be insane bad asset management trading domi for one year of Saad, but resigning him would be worst. Lol

It's just a rumour. WE never foresee MB's trade in the past. So, I guess this will stay a rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad