Proposal: Trade Thread Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Didn’t Chicago ask for Galchenyuk years ago when Bergevin inquired or at least that’s what the rumour was. Coming full circle.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Divisional rivals and all Montreal is one of the few teams that can trade a center (since when did you guys get so many?).

Would Victor Olofsson (20 goals, 42 pts in 54 games, rookie season) and Colin Miller RHD with powerplay ability amount to any of your middle 6 C?

Our ex-GM traded for all available RHD last year while ignoring C.

Miller's season might not look impressive but he was an offensive d stuck behind Ristolainen, Montour, Jokiharju and when it comes to the powerplay quarterback role you could add Dahlin and possibly Pilut to that list.

I'd also like to point out that ROR won the calder, Lehner almost vezina caliber and Zach Bogosian is playing on a pairing with Victor Hedman since leaving the Sabres.

If you want a diamond in the rough - make a deal with Buffalo.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Did you guys saw Samuel Girard play lately.

What a player!. He makes no mistake...

I would give Domi, Mete and a first for him.

Just turned 22. 24 minutes on the ice.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Divisional rivals and all Montreal is one of the few teams that can trade a center (since when did you guys get so many?).

Would Victor Olofsson (20 goals, 42 pts in 54 games, rookie season) and Colin Miller RHD with powerplay ability amount to any of your middle 6 C?

Our ex-GM traded for all available RHD last year while ignoring C.

Miller's season might not look impressive but he was an offensive d stuck behind Ristolainen, Montour, Jokiharju and when it comes to the powerplay quarterback role you could add Dahlin and possibly Pilut to that list.

I'd also like to point out that ROR won the calder, Lehner almost vezina caliber and Zach Bogosian is playing on a pairing with Victor Hedman since leaving the Sabres.

If you want a diamond in the rough - make a deal with Buffalo.

Weber/Petry/Fleury/Juulsen/Brook are all RD, theres absolutely no need for a righty.

Olofsson is more of what the Habs have and doesn't move the needle that much.

Its your first rounder if you want Danault or Domi.

Did you guys saw Samuel Girard play lately.

What a player!. He makes no mistake...

I would give Domi, Mete and a first for him.

Just turned 22. 24 minutes on the ice.

Would you take the Avs first, Zadorov and Burakovsky for Suzuki ? No ?

Then you have your answer on Girard.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Weber/Petry/Fleury/Juulsen/Brook are all RD, theres absolutely no need for a righty.

Olofsson is more of what the Habs have and doesn't move the needle that much.

Its your first rounder if you want Danault or Domi.

Would you take the Avs first, Zadorov and Burakovsky for Suzuki ? No ?

Then you have your answer on Girard.

You are right ...man Girard is a hell of a player

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Timmins said he liked Girard, not that he would have drafted him with our pick(s).
«Nous avions un plan au deuxième tour, mais nous n’avons pas réussi à l’exécuter, a-t-il répliqué. Évidemment, j’avais des émotions partagées.»
Timmins n’a pas prononcé son nom, mais on comprenait rapidement en lisant entre les lignes que le plan qui venait de dérailler était celui de Girard.
«Vous ne pouvez pas placer des mots dans ma bouche, mais je peux vous dire que nous aimions beaucoup Girard comme jeune espoir.»

Don't take a rocket doctor to figure it out bud

Reactions: DAChampion

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
With CLB not having a pick in the 2nd or 3rd round this year and it being a deep draft. Would any of you guys consider moving both CHI and STL 2nd round picks for Josh Anderson?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
What you posted literally just confirmed what I just said lol. He could have really liked 10 players in the 2nd round, but there is no report that he would have drafted Girard for sure. French media asking him what he thought about a French player.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Then they dont get him. Teams know what he can do when not in the coaches dog house. Why do we discount our guys ? Josh Anderson played about 26 games and had a goal and 7 points. Columbus is not moving him for the 4th round pick those numbers suggest.
Domi had every opportunity to produce this year and didn't. Then he was moved down in they lineup. It was really unfortunate because I loved his game 2 years ago. If a team knew they were going to get that Max, his value would definitely be higher.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Jeez man...Girard is so mobile...

Amazing skater....really on of the best skater out there along Quinn Hughes.

And he is so safe in his own zone as well.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Jeez man...Girard is so mobile...

Amazing skater....really on of the best skater out there along Quinn Hughes.

And he is so safe in his own zone as well.
I'm starting to think this is Girard writing all these posts :sarcasm:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There is no proof though. It's just classic Timmins using excuses on everything. Kudos to him for liking Girard, but none of us know if we would have 100% drafted him, that's purely speculation.

Lmao the guy said that like a day after the draft... why would he say that if he didnt actually intend on picking him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lmao the guy said that like a day after the draft... why would he say that if he didnt actually intend on picking him.

What you posted literally just confirmed what I just said lol. He could have really liked 10 players in the 2nd round, but there is no report that he would have drafted Girard for sure. French media asking him what he thought about a French player.

"Hey did you like the Quebecois kid Girard"-French media
"Yes, I really liked him"-Timmins

How does that guarantee that he would have drafted him? The media could have asked him question about any player, but the French media asked it about a French player like how they do at the post draft interview after every draft.

Like I said, credit to him for liking Girard, but liking a player doesn't mean you were 100% going to draft him.

Jul 6, 2016

Girard was drafted by Nashville and was still there when MB traded PK for Weber. I would had demanded that Girard comes with Weber to compensate for the age difference between Weber and PK, and te huge bonuses Molson had to pay to Weber.

But of course, I would had prefered the Habs to keep its two second rounders instead of dealing them for Andrew freagin Shaw.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
"Hey did you like the Quebecois kid Girard"-French media
"Yes, I really liked him"-Timmins

How does that guarantee that he would have drafted him? The media could have asked him question about any player, but the French media asked it about a French player like how they do at the post draft interview after every draft.

Like I said, credit to him for liking Girard, but liking a player doesn't mean you were 100% going to draft him.
You missed the part where he says he had a plan and couldnt go through with it ? You missed the part where everyone talked about how Girard and Debrincat were scouted by the Habs ?

They didnt ask about Gauthier, Gignac or Allard, why him ?

Reactions: McGees

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017

You clearly did not seen him played

What is the problem. A local kid is dominant out there and we should shut up.

I would give a lot to have him in Mtl

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You missed the part where he says he had a plan and couldnt go through with it ? You missed the part where everyone talked about how Girard and Debrincat were scouted by the Habs ?

They didnt ask about Gauthier, Gignac or Allard, why him ?
Did he outright say his plan was to draft Girard? No.

I should f***ing hope they were scouted by the Habs, what does that have to do with anything? They were scouted by the Habs and they liked him. Well great, I'm sure they scouted and liked a lot of guys.

We weren't in a position to draft Gauthier... And the other guys were 3rd rounders, of course they aren't going to talk about every single Quebecois. Also, and most importantly, you should ask the media that since I'm pretty sure they brought up Girard, not Timmins.

EDIT: I rewatched the interview, the media brought up Girard. Not Timmins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sorinth

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
NHL insider Darren Dreger says Hall is looking at Montreal.
"I think Taylor Hall would be interested in the Montreal Canadiens, he likes playing in that environment...He's not afraid of the media and all of those things."
The forward has been connected to Montreal in the past and would love to work with guys like Brendan Gallagher, Shea Weber and Carey Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad