Proposal: Trade Thread Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Wasn’t Dreger the first talking head to state “he can see Tavares interested in signing with Habs” well before July 1st.....that worked out well, wouldn’t even talk to them.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don’t think this season is going to hurt Domi’s value all that much so long as a counterpart GM sees Domi as a top 6C and not a winger. If that is assumed then there just aren’t all that many top 6Cs in this market that can be had so Domi has intrinsic value.

Yes. 100% yes. Top 6Cs are rarely available and despite Domi's tough year, there should be several GMs out of a whole bunch of GMs who need a top 6C who will make an offer valuing him as a 2C. I mean, if Domi had smoked it again this year, guess what, not available.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wasn’t Dreger the first talking head to state “he can see Tavares interested in signing with Habs” well before July 1st.....that worked out well, wouldn’t even talk to them.

Nobody paid attention to Tavares’ pyjama pattern then.

If you’re a UFA in a market where 12 or more clubs are at the limit of the cap, you have no choice but use all the clubs you don’t want to go to as leverage.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Typical Dreger quote:
"Do I think Hall could end up in Montreal? Sure I think that is is a great possibility. Now I'm not saying it will happen or is even likely to. That being said, there is a very good chance he signs there, but don't get me wrong he could also sign somewhere else and that wouldn't surprise me. For what it's worth, I think they have a great shot to sign this player, I just wouldn't get my hopes up if I was a Habs fan"

is this a joke or serious? .... because it reads like a Dregs parody.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
For sure. Two good seasons and the value is higher of course. Uncertainty enters into it, but I am saying he still holds good value, and as a 2C.
He's definitely a #2C, just need to find the right partner. I personally don't think Chicago is a good fit with Toews and Dach there but who knows

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Watching Tuch play makes me more inclined to get Anderson. I don't think he will be as good, but getting some size and goalscoring in the bottom 6 would be great. He had injury issues this year and struggled, but Tuch wasn't good either in the regular season and look at him now. I have no idea what it would cost though. Ideally Columbus would want a roster player back. We got too many similar players. I also wouldn't rule him out to be a 55 pointish top 6 player.

Reactions: Runner77

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I've heard an opinion on Dreger that if you're a player seeking a new contract and you need to leak some information to help you in your negotiations, Dreger's the guy to do it.

Reactions: 26Mats

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Typical Dreger quote:
"Do I think Hall could end up in Montreal? Sure I think that is is a great possibility. Now I'm not saying it will happen or is even likely to. That being said, there is a very good chance he signs there, but don't get me wrong he could also sign somewhere else and that wouldn't surprise me. For what it's worth, I think they have a great shot to sign this player, I just wouldn't get my hopes up if I was a Habs fan"
I think that it is a great possibility that Taylor Hall uses us to get a better contract from another team and then tells Bergevin to shove that offer up his ass.

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
Man, reading some of these accurate comments on Montreal's free agent luck lately I'm not feeling great about signing any of these high end guys again. I'm hoping for a bold RFA attempt but what do you guys think of the lesser free agents. Joel Edmundson/ Brendan Dillion/ Ben Hutton for LD depth? Matt Nieto/ Jimmy Vesey for LW depth? Tyler Toffoli / Vladislav Namestikov / Jesper Fast for RE depth?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
NHL insider Darren Dreger says Hall is looking at Montreal.
"I think Taylor Hall would be interested in the Montreal Canadiens, he likes playing in that environment...He's not afraid of the media and all of those things."
The forward has been connected to Montreal in the past and would love to work with guys like Brendan Gallagher, Shea Weber and Carey Price.
My guts tell me that this is just his agent teaching him how to create a demand for his services. You know How To Start A Bidding War 101.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Typical Dreger quote:
Please tell me you're paraphrasing and not directly quoting him. What a cockeyed statement!

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Damn lets resurrect LAF trade proposal we are drifting. Going into the UFA sweepstakes with the intention of boosting players contract negotiations.

Domi Kk 1st Norlinder

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Man, reading some of these accurate comments on Montreal's free agent luck lately I'm not feeling great about signing any of these high end guys again. I'm hoping for a bold RFA attempt but what do you guys think of the lesser free agents. Joel Edmundson/ Brendan Dillion/ Ben Hutton for LD depth? Matt Nieto/ Jimmy Vesey for LW depth? Tyler Toffoli / Vladislav Namestikov / Jesper Fast for RE depth?

Of all those, the only one I like is Edmundson on the back end. Toffoli is too much of what we already have, IMO.

I'd also take a Flyer on Gustaffson on a short 'show me' deal, personally. We'd still need to add a physical, scoring winger, though and, likely, we'd end up flipping Domi for one.

Reactions: StartTheShow

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
every year I have posted the MB has money , he needs to help the offence.
well this year is no different, MB has all this coin, don't be dumb, but time to make this team better, the PP sucks
find a way you purple pants man to get us fans a PP, this team needs a real true 30-40 goal man,
so the clock is ticking MB, prove to the fans for once you mean what you say, "no excuses"

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Dreger doesn't know anything - also, why is Bergevin going to sign Hall? Forget my opinion, but didn't he trade Hall-lite in pacioretty at around the same age because he didn't want to overpay for a declining winger? or the Radulov fiasco because he didn't want to give him the extra mill? or trade Cole a year after he was acquired? It's the same reason, he probably won't resign Tatar, or give gallagher lots of term? I tend to agree here. I'd prefer he trade for that elite winger with Domi + pick and prospects than pay hall 9 million a season when he's declining in 2 years. Money should go towards D and C. we need to learn from past mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad