Proposal: Trade Thread Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Interesting. I don't follow winnipeg closely enough. But from the outside, sure Wherler has the speed and vision to play center. But he's doing really well on the wwe ing. Why change a good thing.
He played there last year after Little got injured. They're thinking of moving Laine up with Scheifele and Connor.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I'm all on board for acquiring Saad, if he signs 3x4.5M contract extension right away.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Meh, it only confirms that there's something seriously wrong with Laine if the Jets try to sell him. Only a moron GM would fall for that.
Trust me there isn't, he was almost PPG and had improved massively on his overall game, he'd be a great pickup by the Habs.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
arc Antoine Godin of The Athletic says Domi is on his way out of town and there's only a 20% chance he starts next season in Montreal.
Godin says the combination of the contract negotiations and his spot on the depth chart easily point to Domi being done with the Habs.
"First off, as a restricted free agent with arbitration rights, Domi is exposed to a) a tense relationship with the Canadiens if his case ever winds up in arbitration or, b) committing long-term to the Canadiens to try and cash in on his best season. In either case, the level of confidence of both sides doesn’t seem all that high and the climate doesn’t appear ripe to a long-term arrangement. Another team, however, might be more willing to dive in with Domi, especially if they have their own contract headache to deal with.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I guess I'm the only one who would be happy if Habs get Saad. But maybe I'm overrating him also.

He is a bigger winger and can play both wings, Top-6. Since 2014-15, he's only had one season where he scored below 20 goals. He's not a power forward, but he isn't soft by any means. He's been good in the playoffs, too.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don’t think he is any of those offensively speaking

Makes sense. I'm looking forward to seeing his game at the NHL level. he was much more productive than McDonagh in the world juniors, who wasn't very productive at the NCAA level.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I know he plays W, but can Saad play C? If so that can allow us to explore better options with Danault as it seems he wants out. Saad would take all defensive assignments and help shelter the young Cs.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I guess I'm the only one who would be happy if Habs get Saad. But maybe I'm overrating him also.
You're not overrating him. Great all-around top6 player. You're just one those few posters who are able to see things objectively.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I’m encouraging you to look beyond their stats. And if you must, look at goals and not just points. Not a lot of 3rd liners score 27 while recording 214 hits.
We dismiss Domi's 28 yet we have to take Anderson's 27 as a sign of things to come. That's puzzling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad