Proposal: Trade Thread #65

If you could get Hall with an extension, what's the maximum number of years you would extend him?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I wonder if Sanheim could be available. He'd be a great add.
Totally agree. He's also underperformed a bit this year, with Philly's play being a bit weak as of late.

Sanheim - Weber
Romanov - Petry

as of next season would a really good top 4

the question is what do you give up?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Offer up Lehkonen for Nutivaara. Seems like a good move both ways and capntoo which Bergevin mentioned.

Nutivaara Weber
Edmundson Petry
Chiarot Romanov

Way better than what we currently roll out. Nutivaara who is top 4, I could see a good fit on the top pairing. Just that he can pass, he's got size, plus he can skate and from I remember he's pretty mobile similar to Petry. Maybe a little faster. Moves Chiarot down which everyone on this board has been wanting. Ouellet/ Mete / Kulak stay out of the lineup until needed for a fill in. That's a huge plus.

Both players Lehkonen and Nutivaara have been in the box lately.

Why is Nutivaara in the box?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Poile knows teams would like to make the deal now, particularly the Canadian Teams, considering the 14 days quarantine. He is just stating the price to get him now. Nashville still like him a lot and they are only 4 pts back of a playoffs spot, with Josi just returning from injury.

I understand he doesn't want to sell him now, baring a major overpayment, hence the elite tag on the prospect. But nobody will do it. The price will lower at the deadline, if he is still available.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Poile knows teams would like to make the deal now, particularly the Canadian Teams, considering the 14 days quarantine. He is just stating the price to get him now. Nashville still like him a lot and they are only 4 pts back of a playoffs spot, with Josi just returning from injury.

I understand he doesn't want to sell him now, baring a major overpayment, hence the elite tag on the prospect. But nobody will do it. The price will lower at the deadline, if he is still available.
Poile has been doing this for 30+ years, he knows very well he holds all the cards right now. He'd be dumb not to turn this into a giant bidding war, whether he's even looking to sell in the first place or not. He's like Sweet Lou , you'll never see him panic about anything.

Reactions: Benstheman

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

They may not trade him at all this year according to the TSN insiders. If they feel like they can get more after the expansion draft where he doesn't need to be an additional protection slot for a team, they will do so.

Reactions: Benstheman

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Poile has been doing this for 30+ years, he knows very well he holds all the cards right now. He'd be dumb not to turn this into a giant bidding war, whether he's even looking to sell in the first place or not. He's like Sweet Lou , you'll never see him panic about anything.
Poile is overrated imo and the Preds need a change to revitalize their franchise.

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
I don't know if this account has some legitimacy to it so forgive me if it's not anyone whose word we can take:

It makes a lot of sense. Not just because there is a week off just now for the quarantine, but Montreal will be in a situation for the rest of the schedule with 5-6 extra games to play. If the standings are very close, having extra help can make the difference for a couple of extra points during that stretch.

There is also a strong possibility that those 3 Edmonton-Montreal games will be played in the May 10th week, when everyone else will be done. This could very well turn out to be some sort of 'wild-card' 3 games that will decide who gets in and/or who play Toronto in the first round.

The opposite is also possible where everything will be decided at that point, and this would become the most boring games to watch!

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Would like to see them shore up the D and add some sort of offensive threat,but cap issues remain as not sure I see too many teams wanting a roster player from the habs but maybe prospects and picks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't know if this account has some legitimacy to it so forgive me if it's not anyone whose word we can take:

Sounds like one of dozen posters who have been saying the same thing. Gotta be one of them who opened a Twitter account and turned him or herself into an “insider.” :sarcasm:

It does sound like Weise’s account though — same name he’s using for his virtual show.

Reactions: habsfan891

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Habs Tonight has some credibility to it considering it’s Dale Weise’s show.

Dale Weise was also in the Habs organization less than 12 months ago so it’s possible he knows something.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Dale Weise making it sound like we’re trading for Ekholm very very soon.

Who else have we been linked to that has played last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad