Proposal: Trade Thread #63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Price is a curious case as his contract is a serious impediment to any trade. That being said, his value is whatever the GM thinks it is. Holland was the Wings GM when they were battling Colorado for Cups in Roy's hayday and Sakic was Roy's teammate who won cups with him. Both are acutely aware of the benefit of a goalie like Price. Bergevin/future GM's job will be not getting fleeced like peanut did. Certainly, a trade can be worked out with both teams, more so with Colorado IMO who have more pieces and cap than Edmonton.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Edmonton has nothing aside from their big two and they surely won't send Nurse our way.

Colorado has pieces but realistically, what is Price actually worth ?
Price has such reputation of top goalie since the last 10 years that he still have a value.
Problem is, actually lot of teams have better results in net for so much less money$.
But that leaves fewer teams who are looking to improve their G.
No team out of 30 not interrested in Price I can't beleive it.
Thing is, his value might have gotten down a bit, it's a question of beleive he's gonna be good again with a new start. The answer is yes.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
The reality is that Price and Weber should have both already been dealt. Trying to open a non-existent window with these two instead of building for our true window with our youth has been one of MB's major mistakes.

Reactions: Andrewcoursol

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I wonder if Price wants to leave...
At some point, I think players are ok with a change of scenery. Especially so when you’ve been there a long time and the team expresses they think you should move on. No one wants to be where they’re not wanted. NMC just makes sure he has a say in where he goes and not traded to Buffalo.

Reactions: Benstheman

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I wonder if Price wants to leave...

If he has any pride, no. But right now I question his motivations so maybe he just wants to take it easy out West now that he has a family.

What better time to do that than this summer with Seattle. The resurgence of Fleury might make Francis think that Price can also bounce back similarly. Loads of cap space, face of the franchise, you can get him for free.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
If he has any pride, no. But right now I question his motivations so maybe he just wants to take it easy out West now that he has a family.

What better time to do that than this summer with Seattle. The resurgence of Fleury might make Francis think that Price can also bounce back similarly. Loads of cap space, face of the franchise, you can get him for free.
I think he would have pride to move on. Super easy to just stay in montreal and take the money regardless of starter or sent to 2nd line goalie. Pride would mean giving up on your childhood team and trying to win on a contender.

Everything else aside. I do wonder how he would look with a different team in front of him

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Apparently those are Eichel offers. I was going to say this guy is wack.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Whos that dude lmao, imagine if those were offered to Bergevin and he turned them down.
He's probably the most reputable hockey sports writer in Boston. Great and reliable source. Even I, a Habs fan follow him on twitter.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
I imagine price would show his previous form elsewhere. Someone signing him is looking at cup runs with good D and he’d have more help than ever if it was a good team

Reactions: HabsForHire

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I imagine price would show his previous form elsewhere. Someone signing him is looking at cup runs with good D and he’d have more help than ever if it was a good team

Maybe Carolina could be an option in the offseason. Both Mrazek/Reimer are UFA at year end, plus they would probably find the appeal in Price's contract as the amount of cash to be paid is quite a bit lower than the cap hit. Price wouldn't have to deal with the media like he does in Montreal, plus Carolina is a solid defensive team.

Habs could take on someone like Gardiner if needed to help Carolina's cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad