Proposal: Trade Thread #63

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
There has never been a window....Bergevin is a disaster.

It is not black or white. It's certainly not perfect.. That's for sure. But It is an overstatement to say MB or the team is a disaster.

What I will say though is that time is of the essence here.

The pieces of the puzzle don't fit together.

The only plan that would make sense would be to trade Weber (and Price, if you believe in miracles) to give our young prospects the time to adapt and develop.

Ex:

(MTL) Weber <-> (PIT) Bad contract + Poulin + 1st round pick 2021
(MTL) Price (salary retained) <-> (COL) Grubauer + Byram

Btw, I think MB will prefer t0 sink with both Weber and Price in the lineup rather than trading them

Reactions: Ozmodiar

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It is not black or white. It's certainly not perfect.. That's for sure. But It is an overstatement to say MB or the team is a disaster.

The only plan that would make sense would be to trade Weber (and Price, if you believe in miracles) to give our young prospects the time to adapt and develop.

Ex:

Btw, I think MB will prefer t0 sink with both Weber and Price in the lineup rather than trading them

How is the team not a disaster? He’s been GM for 10 years and they are still a fringe playoff team. That’s with two separate 3rd overall picks.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
How is the team not a disaster? He’s been GM for 10 years and they are still a fringe playoff team. That’s with two separate 3rd overall picks.
There are people who will go down with the ship. What ever you do dont go in social media like facebook instagram etc the bergevin obsession is unreal

Reactions: le_sean

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019

Ex:

Bergevin is 100% to blame for every loss this team has....for 9 straight bloody years he as not picked a direction he is solely responsible....every other gm in hockey has either tried to win in the present or the future except the worst gm in hockey Bergevin....he is a bloody disaster and needs to be fired right bloody now.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

Ex:

A 10M C Price is worth byram.
A (salary retained) Price is worth Graves.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
And how does complaining make the team good someday?

Complaining or criticizing?

I’m not just “complaining” I’m also not buying merchandise or going to games. More people should do the same.

And how does “oh it’s okay Marc, you’re trying your best” help?

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Drouin + KK + Romanov + 2 1sts for Eichel

sign Tanner Pearson

Caufield - Eichel - Anderson
Pearson - Suzuki - Toffoli
x - x - Gally
x - x - x

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't know, but I know how making the team good will stop us from complaining someday.

The media is even more pathetic. Instead of asking why this idiot was allowed to make a third coaching change in his tenure they were focusing on his powder blue suit and long hair.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The media is even more pathetic. Instead of asking why this idiot was allowed to make a third coaching change in his tenure they were focusing on his powder blue suit and long hair.

Bergevin can't do no wrong.
Every draft - Fantastic draft, Bergevin picked well
Every trade - Great trade
Every coaching change - Great decision, great new coach

Even if the Habs makes the PO, he did enough damage and we are not where we should be after 4-5 years of "rebuilding/retooling" and it's not looking like we're going to get there now that we see both Price and Weber are slowing down.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Ex:

7.5M retained + 1st pick and it could work.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Ex:

Carey Price would not even get us Byram's hockey card right now

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

Ex:

Colorado wouldn't trade Byram alone for Price with 50% retention and a first. Just go look at Grubauer's numbers compared to Price's.

The contract MB gave to Price is killing 90% of his market's value. Price's play kills the rest.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Price value is similar to Skinner value. Which is negative

Nope... skinner is on another level of bad... Price is still well regard because of his reputation... Skinner doesn't have a reputation, he just has the worst contract in the NHL.

... Price does have negative value, just not as bad as Skinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad