Proposal: Trade Thread #63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Koskinen for Price straight up.Our goaltending will get better and we save money.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Koskinen for Price straight up.Our goaltending will get better and we save money.
GTFO.gif

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If Columbus continues to suck, I wonder if they'd be open to trading Boone Jenner.

He would add some grit on the wing which we need, plus he can replace Danault as our third line C next year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
If Columbus continues to suck, I wonder if they'd be open to trading Boone Jenner.

He would add some grit on the wing which we need, plus he can replace Danault as our third line C next year.
In a lot of ways he's actually better than Danault as a C ( and KK for that matter).

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
If Price is ever traded....#1 Molson has to want to do e rebuild..#2 Price has to be playing at a high level..#3 Price has to agree to waive NMC....#4 You have to take back some of Price's contract and some bad contracts to buy them out if you want a good return of picks and prospects.

Reactions: 1909

Jul 6, 2016
If, from now on, Price is playing above average (better than .920% ), and Habs still keep losing much of their games because of their poor offence, I could see MB trying to trade Price for some good, younger assets.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If, from now on, Price is playing above average (better than 920%), and Habs still keep losing much of their games because of their poor offence, I could see MB trying to trade Price for some good, younger assets.

We need to come to the realization that even if he ends the season with a .950% in his remaining games, no one will give anything of value for him. The contract is a poison pill.

Reactions: Max2

Jul 6, 2016
We need to come to the realization that even if he ends the season with a .950% in his remaining games, no one will give anything of value for him. The contract is a poison pill.

If Habs are retaining a certain % of the $, and takes back another but shorter bad contract, it could be done.... Just very, very expensive move. Vancouver, for exemple, have Erickson on the taxi squad at over 6M $. They could package him and Holtby + a 1st rounder.... for Price. Holtby can be dropped at next expansion draft or traded, and Erickson's contract bought back.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If Habs are retaining a certain % of the $, and takes back another but shorter bad contract, it could be done.... Just very, very expensive move. Vancouver, for exemple, have Erickson on the taxi squad at over 6M $. They could package him and Holtby + a 1st rounder.... for Price. Holtby can be dropped at next expansion draft or traded, and Erickson's contract bought back.

I would gladly make that trade but I doubt the Canucks would give a 1st seeing as how bad they are right now. But honestly I would take a 3rd and those two just not to be stuck with Price and his contract for 5 more years after this.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Here are a few trades that may be a good barometer for what Mantha would get us in return:

2019: Kevin Hayes from NYR to Philadelphia for 1st round pick, Brendan Lemieux and a conditional 4th.
2019: Mark Stone from OTT to Vegas for Erik Brannstrom, Oscar Lindberg and a 2nd round pick.

2020: Barclay Goodrow and a 3rd round pick from SJS to TBL for Anthony Greco and a 1st round pick
2020: JG Pageau to NYI from OTT for conditional 1st, conditional 2nd, and conditional 3rd.
2020: Blake Coleman to TBL from NJD for Nolan Foote and conditional 1st round pick

What would it take to put mantha in a habs jersey ?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Here are a few trades that may be a good barometer for what Mantha would get us in return:

2019: Kevin Hayes from NYR to Philadelphia for 1st round pick, Brendan Lemieux and a conditional 4th.
2019: Mark Stone from OTT to Vegas for Erik Brannstrom, Oscar Lindberg and a 2nd round pick.

2020: Barclay Goodrow and a 3rd round pick from SJS to TBL for Anthony Greco and a 1st round pick
2020: JG Pageau to NYI from OTT for conditional 1st, conditional 2nd, and conditional 3rd.
2020: Blake Coleman to TBL from NJD for Nolan Foote and conditional 1st round pick

What would it take to put mantha in a habs jersey ?
Tatar and a 1st. Then you could flip Tatar at the deadline for a 2nd +

edit: I think it is a bit low for Mantha. Habs could send a b prospect on top of that. This would make the return 1st + 2nd + b prospect +

Last edited:

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Yes,the Canucks have by far the most bad contracts,if you trade a Price who is playing really well i would want a top prospect like Podkolzin if i'm taking back some big bad contracts.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yes,the Canucks have by far the most bad contracts,if you trade a Price who is playing really well i would want a top prospect like Podkolzin if i'm taking back some big bad contracts.

They aren’t even big contracts since both Holtby and Eriksson have only one year remaining after this one. Price has 5 remaining. If he sucks already at the age of 33 I am not looking forward to seeing ages 34-38.

Reactions: Max2 and EXPOS123

Jul 6, 2016
They aren’t even big contracts since both Holtby and Eriksson have only one year remaining after this one. Price has 5 remaining. If he sucks already at the age of 33 I am not looking forward to seeing ages 34-38.

Talking about bad contracts... The new Gally's contract - starting next season - will bite the Habs' butts pretty soon.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad