KK or Suzy in a trade for PLD?

• Jesperi Kotkaniemi

• Nick Suzuki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Then, the answer is simple. We don't do the deal.

I like what we have right now.

Problem is we'll never see the negotiations or have a crystal ball, so who knows what the answer is.

I think they take that deal if Danault plays nice on the extension

If we give up Danault over Suzuki or KK, it'd be really hard to pass on that for the habs.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Problem is we'll never see the negotiations or have a crystal ball, so who knows what the answer is.

True for any scenario we come up with on this forum. We have certain limitations as fans. We have no access to foreign hackers. :sarcasm:

How would you feel about giving up say KK, Romanov and a 1st? How much is too much? I happen to love KK as a lot of us in here do but when you start to add Romanov, it becomes dicey. Of course, we still don't know how Romanov will do but I'd sure like to find out first.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

If we give up Danault over Suzuki or KK, it'd be really hard to pass on that for the habs.

We would have to hope the cap grows after PLD's 2 year deal and we would also have to hope Danault plays nice to the Blue Jackets on sign/trade. I have my doubts on the later but who knows. All we can do is chit chat about it and speculate.

Another way to look at our cap (if we acquire PLD) is KK will absolute get less PP time and it would be a 3C role 100% (unless he leap frogs Suzuki which I doubt this coming season). So KK would get what AAV on a 2 or 3 year bridge? $3M? :dunno:

Reactions: Sterling Archer

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
True for any scenario we come up with on this forum. We have certain limitations as fans. We have no access to foreign hackers. :sarcasm:

How would you feel about giving up say KK, Romanov and a 1st? How much is too much? I happen to love KK as a lot of us in here do but when you start to add Romanov, it becomes dicey. Of course, we still don't know how Romanov will do but I'd sure like to find out first.
completely agree. AND losing another sergachev would be killer. we already have young, quality, depth at C - on D? this is another matter, and soon to be another problem if we keep trading them away

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
We would have to hope the cap grows after PLD's 2 year deal and we would also have to hope Danault plays nice to the Blue Jackets on sign/trade. I have my doubts on the later but who knows. All we can do is chit chat about it and speculate.

Another way to look at our cap (if we acquire PLD) is KK will absolute get less PP time and it would be a 3C role 100% (unless he leap frogs Suzuki which I doubt this coming season). So KK would get what AAV on a 2 or 3 year bridge? $3M? :dunno:
KK will never get better if he stays on a 3rd line with armia.

It should be Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Armia
Let the third line ufa prove themselves.

If KK end up with Perry Byron Armia Lekhonen. He will be another wasted 3rd oa by this org.

Habs salary cap is beyond limit right now even with expansion that will clear Allen/Edmundsson

After this season i expect Frolik , Perry , Weal , Armia Tatar and Danault to be gone. Unless Danault takes 4m a season due to covid.
Anyways if this season doesnt work out. Heads will roll on the floor.

This org should be going into the future and not the average 29y olds player.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
KK will never get better if he stays on a 3rd line with armia.

It should be Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Armia
Let the third line ufa prove themselves.

If KK end up with Perry Byron Armia Lekhonen. He will be another wasted 3rd oa by this org.

Habs salary cap is beyond limit right now even with expansion that will clear Allen/Edmundsson

After this season i expect Frolik , Perry , Weal , Armia Tatar and Danault to be gone. Unless Danault takes 4m a season due to covid.
Anyways if this season doesnt work out. Heads will roll on the floor.

This org should be going into the future and not the average 29y olds player.
they want KK to be a 2nd line centre at best, they start playing him there, buried down the line is dumb

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

If the kids progress as we hope and we somehow pull off Danault ++ for PLD, we probably have a 5-6 year window with these three Cs as our C-line. Once KK (5 years from now, including this upcoming season) or Suzuki (6 years from now, including this upcoming season) are ready for UFA status, one of the three Cs will have moved on rather than play 3rd line C.

Besides, they would all be too expensive for a 3rd line C role on the Cap. To stick around, one would have needed to accept a switch to the wing on the top line (likelier for Suzuki, IMO).

Trading Danault +++ for PLD this season buys a solid 5 year window for the Cup, with two years from now (including this year) being the ripest time for us to win, before renegotiating PLD and potentially seriously remodelling the roster.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
they want KK to be a 2nd line centre at best, they start playing him there, buried down the line is dumb

Should he not at least get a shot there, given how he performed in the post season last summer?

Reactions: jaffy27

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
He sill needs to earn his spot this year. Remember he his at the same age Suzuki was last season..

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

To me, Romanov is a no go.....

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
For sure, Danault becomes severely devalued if they don't have an extension signed with him as a condition of making a deal.

However, if Danault extends, then adding Caufield and a first -- how does that sound?
I believe you’d need to add one of Norlinder or Harris for this to be a go.....that I would do in a heartbeat......I’d even add one of Lehkonen or Byron......

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I think thats too much for PLD. KK plus something is more in the ballpark IMO. What the plus would be is the tricky part. But look at Domi for Anderson trade. Most thought it would be Anderson plus coming back and it was the Habs who have the 3rd. He does LOVE PLD though so it’s hard to a ascertain.

I do think Bergevin would give to get as he did in the Domi trade but nothing at KK plus Romanov or Caufield. Then again, what the hell do I know? (Not much!)

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I like PLD so much. He is turning 22...Kk is 20 and I am not so sure that PLD will be better at their prime.

I even think that at 23,24, Kk will be better than.....Suzuki

Reactions: Habricot

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He sill earn his spot tvis year. Remember he his at the same age Suzuki was last season..

I think you have to look at performance as well. If a player shows he's ready, then let him run with it. If he shows he isn't, then the next guy can take over.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I like PLD so much. He is turning 22...Kk is 20 and I am not so sure that PLD will be better at their prime.

I even think that at 23,24, Kk will be better than.....Suzuki

Maybe but, in the shorter term, which is really the window with Weber, Petry and Price, is PLD more important than KK?

Is a C-line of PLD - Suzuki - Danault - Evans or PLD - Suzuki - Danault - Poehling not more of a trigger for a long playoff hunt?

Honestly, if it isn't in the short term, screw trying to get PLD.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If it’s Danault, they asking for Caulfield, Guhle and a 1st....if it’s KK, then Caulfield, Harris and two 2nds.

Id lean more into sending them Danault as it works better when you consider the CAP

It also works better with Danault since he's more likely to get the role he's after, with lumbiss.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

So half the teams in the league have interest in Dubois and some could ramp it up, as per Renaud Lavoie

Hardly surprising.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Personally, i don't think Dubois will get traded this season. If KK has a good year, let's say 30+ pts, and Dubois doesn't, then we won't need to add that much to KK for Dubois assuming we're still interested in that swap next offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad