• Nick Suzuki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Dubois will be traded to the Habs tomorrow... I had a dream about it! :P

Can’t tell you the return, will keep you updated if I have another dream about it in the night.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Hard to say....

it probably will take 3-4 assets.
Compare to Seguin trade
Compare to Thornton trade
Compare to Gretzky trade

exclude Eric Lindros trade which was rare.
And considering #1 centres don’t get traded that often and according to Bergevin it’s impossible to trade for one.

if I was Columbus GM

Alexander Romanov
Jesper Kotkaniemi
And prospect

or

Nick Suzuki
Kaiden Guhle
And prospect

in prospect it’s someone potential steal like Jordan Harris, Jayden Struble, Matthias Norlinder.

Others I consider prospects Ryan Poehling, Jan Mysak, Jesse Ylonen and Luke Tuch.

I’ll second guess myself about Cole Caufield as he needs that #1 center to play with.

basically I need a top center back Suzuki or Kotkaniemi then a potential top 4 defenceman Romanov or Guhle.

Yannman

May 25, 2018
I don't see how any team would give the kind of package like KK++ this year without being able to secure an extension and risking loosing him in two years. Next year, yes.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
From Montreal I’d offer -

To Columbus: Kotkaniemi, 2021 1st rounder (top 5 protected), Cole Caufield and Paul Byron (for cap purposes).

To Montreal: Dubois, 2021 3rd round pick.

New lineup looks like:

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - Dubois - Armia
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Evans - Perry

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Kulak

Price
Allen

Reactions: Surfer72

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Why would CBJ trade a 22-year-old for a soon 28-year-old?

If this trade happens it's one of Suzuki or KK that goes the other way.

TO MTL: PLD
TO CLS: Caufield, Poehling, Danault, Drouin

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The more I think about it, based on control, the only centre we are moving is Danault. Danault, Guhle, Mete, 1st. That gets it done, both sides win.
Hard to say....

it probably will take 3-4 assets.
Compare to Seguin trade
Compare to Thornton trade
Compare to Gretzky trade

exclude Eric Lindros trade which was rare.
And considering #1 centres don’t get traded that often and according to Bergevin it’s impossible to trade for one.

if I was Columbus GM

Alexander Romanov
Jesper Kotkaniemi
And prospect

or

Nick Suzuki
Kaiden Guhle
And prospect

in prospect it’s someone potential steal like Jordan Harris, Jayden Struble, Matthias Norlinder.

Others I consider prospects Ryan Poehling, Jan Mysak, Jesse Ylonen and Luke Tuch.

I’ll second guess myself about Cole Caufield as he needs that #1 center to play with.

basically I need a top center back Suzuki or Kotkaniemi then a potential top 4 defenceman Romanov or Guhle.

Columbus are already stacked on D, and very weak up front...

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I think you have to look at performance as well. If a player shows he's ready, then let him run with it. If he shows he isn't, then the next guy can take over.
Completely agree. This is exactly why i brougth this up. Suzuki had to earn his spot on the first line. It should be the same for kk this season.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I dont see any reason to trade Dubois this year if your Columbus GM. It does not make any sense. You milk it as long as you can which his until the end of his 2y contract. This gives 2 years to kk to grow into the player we think he can be and by then, you may not even want to trade kk one for one for Dubois.

If the deal gets done this year the center piece would need to be Danault.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Lol, Suzuki forced his way up from the bottom. If KK doesn't get the job done with Toffoli and Armia he never will with anyone. You can always play NHL21 and build your teenage-team. Reality is quite different and veterans are big part of successfull team.
Yes and KK got better during playoffs and yet still plays with the 3rd line/4th line scrap except Toffoli.

Let's not forget how bad the 3 invisible regular season warriors did during that covid fake playoff run.

I think that's justice for what KK did during against Philly.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I dont see any reason to trade Dubois this year if your Columbus GM. It does not make any sense. You milk it as long as you can which his until the end of his 2y contract. This gives 2 years to kk to grow into the player we think he can be and by then, you may not even want to trade kk one for one for Dubois.

If the deal gets done this year the center piece would need to be Danault.
Why would CBJ trade a 22-year-old for a soon 28-year-old?

If this trade happens it's one of Suzuki or KK that goes the other way.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So we keep hearing PLD is not extremely happy in Columbus and wouldn't mind getting traded to a bigger market.

Of course, MTL makes sense with the french connection and all.

If this trade ever materializes CBJ will most likely ask for another young center back and some extras no doubt. Let's leave the extras out of this for the moment.

The ask will be one of Suzuki or KK going the other way.

So here's the question, who would you rather trade from Habs's perspective?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
At this point, I think it will overwhelmingly be KK.

Suzuki has shown a great two way game. KK on the other hand is a huge wild card imo. I could easily see him being better than Suzuki. But he also could just hit a ceiling at any moment...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Short term maybe. But we're talking about getting a 60 point 6'3 center who's only 22. What's his upside?
They won't trade PLD for Danault as the main piece going the other way, if they're really willing to trade PLD for Danault++ I could drive Danault to Columbus right now and I'm probably his biggest fan on this board.

Kekelainen is smarter than that.

Reactions: Holystik

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They won't trade PLD for Danault as the main piece going the other way, if they're really willing to trade PLD for Danault++ I could drive Danault to Columbus right now and I'm probably his biggest fan on this board.

Kekelainen is smarter than that.

The main pieces would be Caufield, Poehling, and Drouin. Danault would be included in the trade because they need centers.

But I agree, Kekalainen could probably find a better deal. Though we are in covid times, and worse trades have happened (Joe Thornton, Tyler Seguin).

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The main pieces would be Caufield, Poehling, and Drouin. Danault would be included in the trade because they need centers.

But I agree, Kekalainen could probably find a better deal. Though we are in covid times, and worse trades have happened (Joe Thornton, Tyler Seguin).
They're trading their top center. The main piece in that trade is Danault!

Anyway, that trade doesn't make a lot of sense too much cap going the other way.

And Danault is a pending UFA on top of it, forget it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They're trading their top center. The main piece in that trade is Danault!

Anyway, that trade doesn't make a lot of sense too much cap going the other way.

What's a better piece, Caufield or Danault?

As for the cap, Columbus has over 4M in cap space and only Drouin and Danault count against the cap - they count 3.58M more than Dubois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad