• Jesperi Kotkaniemi

• Nick Suzuki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What's a better piece, Caufield or Danault?

As for the cap, Columbus has over 4M in cap space and only Drouin and Danault count against the cap - they count 3.58M more than Dubois.
Again as I said if this is happening they will ask for one of Suzuki or KK, so this discussion is useless IMO.

Reactions: Holystik

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I'd be happy if Montreal can manage to develop KK into Dubois quality player.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Neither.

Neither alone would be enough to get him and it's won't be worth it to take 2 players and pick or prospect for him when our kids are showing true promise for the first time in years.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Kekäläinen do not want KK.
But what about KK AND Lehkonen.
qvFiQLKs.png

Reactions: Belial

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I think its probably one of the tougher decisions MB will have to make in his entire tenure.

Do you trade KK plus some assets for PLD? KK might very well become a better player than PLD, but he also might not. I think if you want to win the cup this year, you try and make that type of trade. But I could also see it haunting the Habs down the road.

Its a tough one and I fault nobody for not wanting to trade KK for PLD. Suzuki should obviously be a hard no.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think its probably one of the tougher decisions MB will have to make in his entire tenure.

Do you trade KK plus some assets for PLD? KK might very well become a better player than PLD, but he also might not. I think if you want to win the cup this year, you try and make that type of trade. But I could also see it haunting the Habs down the road.

Its a tough one and I fault nobody for not wanting to trade KK for PLD. Suzuki should obviously be a hard no.

It's really a tough decision, I can see KK having a better career than Suzuki, to be honest.

If you're a GM and you decide to make such a trade you better don't f*** up! :laugh:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Oh, of course you do. As much as I like Suzuki, I'd even consider trading him for PLD. With Kotkaniemi, I would personally drive him to the airport.
You don't think he has relatively the same upside? Man, I can easily see KK being a dominant center going forward...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Again as I said if this is happening they will ask for one of Suzuki or KK, so this discussion is useless IMO.

That is likely. But we don't know that for sure.

But I c as n understand why you don't want to discuss any other scenario.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That is likely. But we don't know that for sure.

But I c as n understand why you don't want to discuss any other scenario.
Hahaha , what another scenario? My boy Danault? I already said that I'm ready to drive him to Columbus if Kekelainen is ready to do such a deal.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hahaha , what another scenario? My boy Danault? I already said that I'm ready to drive him to Columbus if Kekelainen is ready to do such a deal.

In another scenario Danault would a secondary piece to fill the current void at center left by PLD.

The main pieces would be really good prospects. I would put in Guhle and Norlinder, and Primeau - and they'd probably ask for Romanov, But since Columbus is stacked on D and have two young goalies, I think they'd be more interested in Caufield, Poehling, Mysak, etc... plus Drouin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->