Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
If we did, it had to be pre-Lou. i think he has a thing about number 13

it might be a rhetorical question.

but here goes......robin burns wore 13 for the scouts for the 2 seasons. no rockie or devil has worn it.

also, aaron broten was the the last holdover from the colorado team to play for jersey lasting about 6 months longer then cirella.

no scout could keep their **** together and last until the final move to jersey. legend has it new owner mcmullen was superstious of the number.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Yeah, thought so. Just an unrelated thought. Nash`s boyhood idol was Sundin and when Columbus drafted him, he wanted to wear #13. Was told he can`t so he chose #61 and wears it to this day. When they made a switch to Howson, the barrier was crushed once Atkinson took that number.

It`s one of my favorite numbers and I don`t quite get the superstition thing, so I hope that one day Lou will come to senses regarding that.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Tallinder may have some interest to Buffalo considering he used to be paired with Tyler Myers and Myers has struggled since that pairing was split up.

Stafford would be a good fit for Devils top 6 but i would love to get Steve Ott as part of the deal, we could offer them Josefson and Tedenby.

Stafford-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Ott-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Would love to see that forward lineup in playoffs.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Tallinder may have some interest to Buffalo considering he used to be paired with Tyler Myers and Myers has struggled since that pairing was split up.

Stafford would be a good fit for Devils top 6 but i would love to get Steve Ott as part of the deal, we could offer them Josefson and Tedenby.

Stafford-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Ott-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Would love to see that forward lineup in playoffs.

That's a sexy 3rd line but not enough finish. I'd settle for with either of those guys though, without giving up Yayo.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I`m sorry but honoring dead man`s wish is a bit weird, don`t you think? I love tradition, but that`s not normal. Unless, of course, Lou is from the same mold.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
We need to get Alfredsson on this team. He has 90 points in 111 playoff games. He has never won a Cup but deserves one. He wouldn't cost a fortune either.

We have a perfect spot for him, where Butler is playing now.

Ponikarovsky - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Zubrus - Josefson - Alfredsson
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Like the idea of Ott. Hate him but would like him on the Devils. He would make Barch useless as well. The Tallinder-Buffalo thing makes sense. Do it Lou

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They're not trading Ott anyway. They specifically acquired him because of the nonsense that happened in Boston last year, and the fact they were too soft before that.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
No chance the Sabres deal Ott unless it's a real quality return. He's an impact forward in terms of what he brings, a rather unique blend of grit, good on faceoffs, and some ability in the offensive zone.

They certainly aren't trading him for Tallinder who is older, his value is lower, and is a bit overpaid.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I also think the Sabres/Devils trade potential is there, hopefully Lou does too

I think the Sabres wouldn't mind bringing Tallinder back to pair him with Myers again, but I don't think Ott would or should be the return. I'd go after Luke Adam instead.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I think the Sabres wouldn't mind bringing Tallinder back to pair him with Myers again, but I don't think Ott would or should be the return. I'd go after Luke Adam instead.

Luke Adam
Drew Stafford

For

Team Ikea. (Tallinder + Tedenby + Josefson) and a 2nd round pick in 2013.

I brought up this trade on the main board and since we are talking Sabres/Devils possibilities it is topical here too. I believe this proposal to have pretty fair value. Anyone else agree?

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Luke Adam
Drew Stafford

For

Team Ikea. (Tallinder + Tedenby + Josefson) and a 2nd round pick in 2013.

I brought up this trade on the main board and since we are talking Sabres/Devils possibilities it is topical here too. I believe this proposal to have pretty fair value. Anyone else agree?

will never happen

DevilsAnimal*

So the Flames board wants Yoyo + Severson + 1st, or Marril + 1st for iginla

I would make that deal, either of em, but mostly the first one

DevilsAnimal*

we could also go Tallinder + clermont + teddy + 2nd for Gardnir and a 1st :B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad