Speculation: Trade Speculators, Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Brown would be good for dives to draw penalties. :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Brown has the weakest facial hair ever. It's like those 15 year olds that can't grow ****, but they just let everything go and it looks like a brillo pad.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
Brown has the weakest facial hair ever. It's like those 15 year olds that can't grow ****, but they just let everything go and it looks like a brillo pad.
still better than crosby
hockey_1.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
still better than crosby
hockey_1.jpg

Marty also had a fine dirtstache when he was first drafted. Connect-a-brow too.

I actually like Kopitar. I even like Gagne considering he was Flyers trash for 11 years.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the old rumors were Dustin Penner, not Brown.

There was one rumor of Brown I remember though. There was also one with Derek Roy too before Buffalo wound up moving him to Dallas for Ott.:help:

There's current rumors made up by the prestigious hockey insider that we're in on Penner or Gagne for Greene.:shakehead

The only guy I'd give Greene up for on the Kings is Kopitar. And yes I know that's why it makes no sense. It's not supposed to.:laugh: That's just how important I think Greene is. After the 3 ****shows that we've been without Fayne I'm thinking the same thing about him too.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
So the Flames board wants Yoyo + Severson + 1st, or Marril + 1st for iginla

I would make that deal, either of em, but mostly the first one

I wouldn't do either. We can't afford to trade a first, and I don't really want to trade either Merrill or Severson.

Chere said we were in on Dustin Brown at the deadline last yr when L.A. was deciding which direction to go in.

Wonder if L.A. continues to struggle will Lou get back in on that.

Highly doubtful, I think. Not because we don't want him, but because LA does. They might still fuel the rumours though, last time he thought he was getting traded, he scored a hat trick the next game and then they kept him. :laugh:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I wouldn't do either. We can't afford to trade a first, and I don't really want to trade either Merrill or Severson.

I would do Merrill and a 1st in a heartbeat for Iginla.

I have no idea what all the hype is all about on Merrill who's just a college player who isn't setting anything on fire and our 1st is nothing guaranteed. We are talking about Jarome Iginla people, not Ryan Clowe or some borderline top 6 forward.

We need a goal scorer and he's just that. We need someone who isn't afraid of going in the corners and he's just that, we need someone with fire in his eyes and having missed the post season more often then not, I'm certain he'd elevate his game to a another level he's currently giving the Flames ATM.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I would probably do it too. But I'd like lou to get something for Tallinder and recoup a pick or so back from someone. Or get some speed on this team, so slow... and iginla won't be helping that department.

NHL Fanatik*

I would do Merrill and a 1st in a heartbeat for Iginla.

I have no idea what all the hype is all about on Merrill who's just a college player who isn't setting anything on fire and our 1st is nothing guaranteed. We are talking about Jarome Iginla people, not Ryan Clowe or some borderline top 6 forward.

We need a goal scorer and he's just that. We need someone who isn't afraid of going in the corners and he's just that, we need someone with fire in his eyes and having missed the post season more often then not, I'm certain he'd elevate his game to a another level he's currently giving the Flames ATM.

I also am not behind Merrill as faithfully as some others are; but everyone is willing to give up a 1st+ for Iginla?

Unless I missed the OP of this trade offer, and they mean it as a condition pick for if he agrees to re-sign; then I would not give up a 1st for a man who could possibly not help as much as we think he would, and then be gone after half a season or less. If he were to agree to re-sign, then possibly.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I just think we're hyping Merrill for no apparent reason. He's a 21 year old rookie who never played a pro game in his life, who's posting real average #'s in college and is known more for his off ice issues then anything else.

If we keep him, I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him being the #1 d-men everyone says he'll turn out to be.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I just think we're hyping Merrill for no apparent reason. He's a 21 year old rookie who never played a pro game in his life, who's posting real average #'s in college and is known more for his off ice issues then anything else.

If we keep him, I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him being the #1 d-men everyone says he'll turn out to be.

His combination of potential and raw talent make it hard to deal him, but I get what you're saying--why hold onto unproven talent when you can turn it into a proven veteran that could help with a deep playoff run?

I think I'd rather hold onto Merrill in a deal for an aging vet, but I'd be willing to dish the kid if a trade comes along for a younger, proven top-6 guy on a contract. It al depends though.

Long story short, I wouldn't trade Merrill for Iginla.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Yes. Let's trade away a highly talented two-way defenseman who could potentially be a guy who can eat up tons of minutes, play on the PK, and be a PP guy to boot.

I want people who are so eager to trade away a promising defenseman to look around the league and what you'll find is a lot of teams who are having issues with the depth of their defensive corps, nevermind quality as well and likely don't have too many Merrills of their own in their system.

Only way Merrill is getting traded is for a controllable Top 6 winger or forward who is in his prime. I'm not trading him for a declining Jarome Iginla for what could very easily end up being a rental for less than a month in a Devils jersey, plus if Iginla has his way, I think he'd probably only go play with Crosby for the shot at a Cup.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I wouldn't mind trading a good prospect for Iginla since he's not that old. I mean Iginla could play very well for another 4 or 5 seasons again.

The thing I wouldn't do is to trade a good prospect for a rental player.

Yes but no to Iginla.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
me either. who would? huge potential upside, for an aging UFA. pass

I'm not so concerned about giving up Merrill.

The problem is we:

A) Give up our first round pick both this year and next.
B) Add another right handed first liner when we need a left hander.

I don't think we need Iginla. He'd cost to much, more than we'd be willing to give. We need to trade with a contender like LA or Vancouver where they would swap their abundance of forwards for a D (LA moreso than Vancouver).

I can definitely see a Tallinder for Gagne swap going down. Fits both teams needs, and both teams don't trade their players for futures as both are in the hunt this year.

apice3*

You really need to watch him play. The kid was the consensus best D-man in the NCAA AS A FRESHMAN.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I wouldn't mind trading a good prospect for Iginla since he's not that old. I mean Iginla could play very well for another 4 or 5 seasons again.

The thing I wouldn't do is to trade a good prospect for a rental player.

Yes but no to Iginla.

Not all players age well like Marty and Elias and I think that kind of gives some of us Devils fans a biased perspective on how well players can age. Iginla plays like a power forward. Players like that have been shown to decline precipitously, with only a few exceptions.

Plus, while I understand we are sort of a veteran team now, I don't want us to add too much age to our roster, especially at forward.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
You really need to watch him play. The kid was the consensus best D-man in the NCAA AS A FRESHMAN.

I saw one of the Mich. games recently and have come away pretty impressed. There clearly is a significant talent level/skillset there for him to work from.

I'd like to see him as a Devil. While I like guys like Gelinas/Severson too, Merrill undoubtedly has the most promise and a pretty high ceiling.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I've been on the Gagne bandwagon since day 1.

If we really wanted him, we probably could have gotten him when we made the Loktionov trade. I'm not sure there's a fit with Poni here now, unless Lou feels Gagne can play and stick on the top line with Zajac and Kovy.

I wouldn't pay too high a price for Gagne though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad