Speculation: Trade Speculators, Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
We all talk about needing a top 6F but which D would really net us that...IMO only Larsson and maybe Fayne. As much as I;m not a huge Larsson fan unless youre getting a stud 23 YO you cant trade Larsson. Sals not going anywhere, Sorry but Tally and Volch with play and contracts probably only gets you a good 3rd liner at this moment. So that leaves Greene and Fayne. Tough to trade either.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
We all talk about needing a top 6F but which D would really net us that...IMO only Larsson and maybe Fayne. As much as I;m not a huge Larsson fan unless youre getting a stud 23 YO you cant trade Larsson. Sals not going anywhere, Sorry but Tally and Volch with play and contracts probably only gets you a good 3rd liner at this moment. So that leaves Greene and Fayne. Tough to trade either.

Dude, if Johnny Oduya was one of the highlights of the package that got us Kovalchuck, I will never try to figure out a player's actual worth again... Haha

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Dear DATW, Kuznetsov is one of the top prospects in the world. It`d take three Merrills before McPhee would even pick up the phone.

apice3*

kutznutzov or whatever his name has ties to the KHL at a young age. Not interested whatsoever.

Flame Demers*

what about D. steckal? he is the best faceoff man in the league?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Dear DATW, Kuznetsov is one of the top prospects in the world. It`d take three Merrills before McPhee would even pick up the phone.

Apparently, Merrill is a top pairing in the making :sarcasm:

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario

Already had him.....

I can see a deal done with Toronto. They need defensive help badly and we need wingers. Tallinder or Volch would be a massive upgrade for them.

Kulemin?
MacArthur?

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Silly me, silly me.

I`ll be patiently awaiting the day apice stops being so ****ing American/anti-Russian biased person.

Don`t hate on you, but good God you and BG couldn`t have thicker blinders. It`s annoying beyond belief. Like Roenick ripping Marleau, Jones ripping Radulov or Crawford bashing Semin. What`s worse, Czechs are that way too. No wonder Patty hates Kovy. :sarcasm:

Proof that some people will never learn.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
Vancouver is going to have lots of forward depth when Kesler and Booth come back.

Which brings up the possibility of Mason Raymond. Probably not for one of our dmen though since Vancouver is deep in that area as well...

Raymond has obvious speed and skills and we need wingers who can score. I still believe Raymond can pot 20 goals, just not sure what Vancouver would want off of us.

Would love to somehow get Schneider off of them as well but then you're looking at Henrique and Merrill going the other way.....

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Dude, if Johnny Oduya was one of the highlights of the package that got us Kovalchuck, I will never try to figure out a player's actual worth again... Haha

Good point...and if you remember people were mad we moved Oduya in that trade.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

A. That was Don Waddell.

B. He was a 27 year old Olympic defenseman coming off an amazing season. He had a lot of value.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
A. That was Don Waddell.

B. He was a 27 year old Olympic defenseman coming off an amazing season. He had a lot of value.

And Gomez gets moved, etc.

The GM meetings must be some wild parties, cause some of these guys have to have pictures of each other or something, :laugh:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
We tend to underrate our defensemen, and hold them to exceptionally high standards as fans. Possibly a legacy of the Stevens/Niedermayer era. The guys we have have a lot of value.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

But question is: do we really need a top 6? Our top 2 lines look pretty good(on paper anyway), it's the 3rd line where we have JJ and no one.

But I agree if we do want a top 6 fwd, we can't rule out trading a Fayne(I have Larsson off the table), or Greene. Now was the 2 game results without Fayne a coincidence? I think it is to an extent, given the guy plays about 1/3 of the game, and how some of those goals were scored, ie brutal giveaways deep in our zone.

Not saying we have to trade a Fayne or a Greene to nab a top 6, a 1.5 yr rental might require much less.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We tend to underrate our defensemen, and hold them to exceptionally high standards as fans. Possibly a legacy of the Stevens/Niedermayer era. The guys we have have a lot of value.

Does that go for Tallinder and Volch as well?

I do wonder what those guys would bring in return.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I would trade Merrill for Kuznetzov in a heartbeat. Malkin-lite skillset. Truth is, I like him more than Tarasenko, and higher ceiling. A very good kid. He's having one these unlucky seasons too, his S% is abnormally low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad