Speculation: Trade Speculators, Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

But if we can get Gagne for something close to Tallinder, I'd be fine with it. We may have to add to it, but I don't think by much.

Tallinder is locked up for another year while Gagne is a UFA I believe.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
You really need to watch him play. The kid was the consensus best D-man in the NCAA AS A FRESHMAN.

I've seen him play. I'd move him for the right deal.

Merrill + 1st for Iginla probably isn't the right deal. Cory Perry though, I would take a chance on resigning.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Not all players age well like Marty and Elias and I think that kind of gives some of us Devils fans a biased perspective on how well players can age. Iginla plays like a power forward. Players like that have been shown to decline precipitously, with only a few exceptions.

Plus, while I understand we are sort of a veteran team now, I don't want us to add too much age to our roster, especially at forward.

I'm less and less concerned with aging, medical science have made major improvement in that regard and sportsmen are the very first people to benefice of that. 35 is not that old in my opinion.

With a 3 years contract left, I'd probably traded Merril for Iginla. Let's not underestimate which kind of an impact a player of his caliber would make on a team that is already a solid playoffs contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->