Speculation: Trade Speculators, Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
No chance the Sabres deal Ott unless it's a real quality return. He's an impact forward in terms of what he brings, a rather unique blend of grit, good on faceoffs, and some ability in the offensive zone.

They certainly aren't trading him for Tallinder who is older, his value is lower, and is a bit overpaid.

But have you seen Myers play? He looks so lost. Maybe his old pal Tallinder could help him. Obviously we'd add too.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
But have you seen Myers play? He looks so lost. Maybe his old pal Tallinder could help him. Obviously we'd add too.

Yup. I see a physically gifted defenseman who has skills, but is simply not playing with confidence

Still not happening. And I don't see Tallinder at this stage being a significant help to Myers considering Tallinder is clearly not the same player he was three years ago. Myers needs to figure it on his own at this point, with some coaching help and probably a few tough lessons along the way. Bringing back "Training Wheels Tally" is not going to further his development at this point since we know that Myers has the offensive game, but it's defensive game that has to come to the fore.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I agree.

I don't think we're adding a player anywhere close to Iginla's caliber, we can't afford to give up the young players or the first round pick that will have to be included to get a deal done. We're better off settling for a forward whose having a rough go-around like Gagne, Hemsky, and hopes their value drops low enough to make it worth it.

Have we kicked the tires on Colin Greening around here? Big bodied LW that I think I remember him having some wheels when watching the Senators. He could fill a nice complimentary role (he played with Spezza often last year) or a third line role? We probably could get it done for Tallinder too. When all is healthy:

Greening-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovski-Zubrus-Butler
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
So the Flames board wants Yoyo + Severson + 1st, or Marril + 1st for iginla

I would make that deal, either of em, but mostly the first one

I'd give them one of Severson or Merrill but not both. However the two of them for a 35 year old rental? No thank you.

Actually, if I'm being honest I don't why Iggy is needed/the massive need for Iggy proposals (although this was brought up by their own board) when Ryan and Perry are:

A) Much younger (which this team needs to become)

B) Arguably if not better players then Iggy.

If we are talking about snagging up a rental...why not one of those two over Iginla?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'd give them one of Severson or Merrill but not both. However the two of them for a 35 year old rental? No thank you.

Actually, if I'm being honest I don't why Iggy is needed/the massive need for Iggy proposals (although this was brought up by their own board) when Ryan and Perry are:

If we are talking about snagging up a rental...why not one of those two over Iginla?

I disagree, we need to keep our own players.

Merrill and Severson, especially the latter, have lower value than they should for different reasons but high potential.

If any player is offered up in a trade, it's one of Urbom/Gelinas/Burlon that the Devils have already seen consistently at the pro level, and thus can make a more accurate judgement on their progress or lack of.

I'd much rather just see the Devils acquire, like I said, a player with some risk to him. Hemsky or Gagne, someone whose value might drop with bad play or injury-prone history and we can acquire them for Tallinder or something close to it.

Other than that, I'd like to hold onto our futures and try to unload a defender to fix that dilemma.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I disagree, we need to keep our own players.

Merrill and Severson, especially the latter, have lower value than they should for different reasons but high potential.

If any player is offered up in a trade, it's one of Urbom/Gelinas/Burlon that the Devils have already seen consistently at the pro level, and thus can make a more accurate judgement on their progress or lack of.

I'd much rather just see the Devils acquire, like I said, a player with some risk to him. Hemsky or Gagne, someone whose value might drop with bad play or injury-prone history and we can acquire them for Tallinder or something close to it.

Other than that, I'd like to hold onto our futures and try to unload a defender to fix that dilemma.

I'd love for the Devils to get Hemsky. Problem is he's been a real bright spot for the Oilers and is having a real good year - it might be hard to pull him away from Edmonton and Tambo might expect teams to slightly overpaid if he is truly available.

DevilsAnimal*

I never said both

I said either
Yoyo + Severson+ 1st
OR
Marril + 1st

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I never said both

I said either
Yoyo + Severson+ 1st
OR
Marril + 1st

My apologies. I sorta skimmed your comment which led to that.

Yeah I'd do either one of those deals. I'd be more comfortable with the second deal but I would think Calgary would aim for the first. (if that's even enough...which it should)

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
Loktionov works at third line center.

2013 2nd, Alexander Urbom, Alexei Ponikarovsky, Jacob Josefson, Mattias Tedenby

For

Milan Michalek, Daniel Alfredsson

Make lineup this.

Michalek - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Zubrus - Loktionov - Alfredsson
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Same D

Forfeit this year's 1st Round Pick.

Use only draft pick, 6th Round, on forward.

Resign everyone.

Keep all draft picks to make up for six traded picks.

Live.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Loktionov works at third line center.

2013 2nd, Alexander Urbom, Alexei Ponikarovsky, Jacob Josefson, Mattias Tedenby

For

Milan Michalek, Daniel Alfredsson

Make lineup this.

Michalek - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Zubrus - Loktionov - Alfredsson
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Same D

Forfeit this year's 1st Round Pick.

Use only draft pick, 6th Round, on forward.

Resign everyone.

Keep all draft picks to make up for six traded picks.

Live.

What are you on? :laugh:

Devils would be absolutely stupid to do all that, if you are really serious.

They wouldn't trade their second round pick if they were planning on forfeiting their first.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Chere said we were in on Dustin Brown at the deadline last yr when L.A. was deciding which direction to go in.

Wonder if L.A. continues to struggle will Lou get back in on that.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Chere said we were in on Dustin Brown at the deadline last yr when L.A. was deciding which direction to go in.

Wonder if L.A. continues to struggle will Lou get back in on that.

I know Lombardi is the GM there and comes from the Lou school, but I don't see how they trade the C, coming off an amazing run to win the Cup. He's still signed through next year, and is probably going to be in for significant raise after that point from his current 3.5 per.

L.A. would ask for Larsson and hang up the phone after we said no.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I know, Kovalchuk and whatnot.

I just don't see Lou acquiring any big names during the season.
We'll get our interchangeable parts and somehow make something of it, but I don't see any blockbuster trades happening.

During the summer, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go big. Don't see it before then, though.

Obviously, I'd be happy to be wrong, though.

DevilsAnimal*

ITS MY DREAM.

To me, ****** the *** is more important than a pick years away from making an impact.

The pick may be years away from making an impact, but next years pick is ANOTHER year away from making an impact

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I know, Kovalchuk and whatnot.

I just don't see Lou acquiring any big names during the season.
We'll get our interchangeable parts and somehow make something of it, but I don't see any blockbuster trades happening.

During the summer, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go big. Don't see it before then, though.

Obviously, I'd be happy to be wrong, though.

I agree on the first part. However, think the fact that guys like Brodeur, Elias are at the end of their careers may play a factor in Lou possibly making at least one more move for a forward. But I'm not sure that big rental type "guy" is going to be there for us to make a move on this year. I also think the Devils are planning on keeping a few of their younger D prospects to cycle in over the next couple years.

In terms of the offseason, I don't see Lou going big for any of the free agents. The Devils will have Elias, Zubrus, Clarkson all as free agents needing to be valued and brought back if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad