Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Soderberg (COL) for Connauton (ARI) and 2020 3rd

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Ghostface pretty much summed it up. It's really not that bad.

But we have to figure out whether we call Söderberg "Soda", or Söderström who also seems to have the same nickname. Söderberg goes by "Yeti" as well right?
Soda, Yeti, Carl are all the main ones. Carl being probably the biggest one.

Reactions: che

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
We've signed some FAs, but should get more interest soon IMO.

What makes an FA want to go somewhere?
1. Location. Phoenix should be near the top of most lists.
2. Coach. RT seems like a guy players want to work for.
3. Team committed to winning. This is where we have been lacking pretty much forever, but the new owner and a new infusion of cash could change the equation. (Possibly a new stadium and more fan attendance (fingers crossed!))
I doubt your order is reality.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Ah, the mighty umlaut.

I was always told to say the letter "e" while making an "o" with my mouth in order to pronounce umlauted vowels correctly.

It changes with language, I know. As a student of German, I knew how to pronounce "a","o", and "u"...then took up Russian, which has an umlauted "e" (said, "yo!")

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Can't make free agents want to play here and we can't win a draft lottery. End result is we have the Nashville model that features forward depth, excellent D, and great goaltending. That's the hand we've been dealt.
This is the first year we are a cap team but our talent should be better.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I should open a new thread titled "Hooked On Swedish Phonics" :sarcasm:

I can understand you want Dzingel, as it probably is nice to have some American players on the roster for your PR-department.

It's not a good enough reason IMHO, though: he is coming off a career year, and may be hefty overpaid.

Wørd. (Or Wörd, as a Swede would have spelled it.)

Or perhaps this guy?

Reactions: Canis Latrans

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This is the first year we are a cap team but our talent should be better.

I believe Hossa and Ribeiro are still counted against our cap; total $7 mil. But without them we are still at $70 mil, about $10 mil over the floor.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We've signed some FAs, but should get more interest soon IMO.

What makes an FA want to go somewhere?
1. Location. Phoenix should be near the top of most lists.
2. Coach. RT seems like a guy players want to work for.
3. Team committed to winning. This is where we have been lacking pretty much forever, but the new owner and a new infusion of cash could change the equation. (Possibly a new stadium and more fan attendance (fingers crossed!))
$$$/Term/Total dollars/NMC/NTC. Location/coach/thought of winning is good with most teams outside of Peg/Edmonton/Ott too far north/too cold.

Reactions: MIG

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
$$$/Term/Total dollars/NMC/NTC. Location/coach/thought of winning is good with most teams outside of Peg/Edmonton/Ott too far north/too cold.

I agree that the contract terms matter big time. My point was more along the lines of assuming that if terms were identical, are players avoiding coming to AZ? If the choice is between a consistent playoff contender or a team barely making the floor then the choice seems rather simple.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I agree that the contract terms matter big time. My point was more along the lines of assuming that if terms were identical, are players avoiding coming to AZ? If the choice is between a consistent playoff contender or a team barely making the floor then the choice seems rather simple.
I don't think consistent playoff contender is a primary driver. The reason being, things change so fast. Hawks/Kings/Ducks were dominant and now they have fallen. The Oilers were suppose to be really good the year after they made the playoffs and have failed 2 years in a row now. Players think any team can win. If you could sign with Winnipeg or AZ right now, same deal, who do you pick? Winnipeg looks like their odds are better then ours to make the playoffs. I think many players would pick AZ because of the climate and lifestyle.

If we offer equal money and term, I think we win get the player 75% or more of the time. AZ is just a better place to live than most. We have not had the money to find out, maybe we will now with a new owner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad