Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Soderberg (COL) for Connauton (ARI) and 2020 3rd

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Avs fan here butting in peacefully...

Personally I'm not as high on Soda as some of my fellow Avalanche faithful, but I'll freely admit that he's a very good complementary scorer. I just don't think his defense is as good as his rep suggests, but from what I'm gathering, he's being brought in to bolster scoring depth, which he can certainly do. He should fit in just fine in a 3rd line role, 2nd line if need be if injuries should befall Stepan/Schmaltz. Very underrated shooter, can work down low on the power play, and plays a very solid physical game. Obviously not very fleet of foot, and for a big center who's defensively adept, he sure is kinda lousy at faceoffs...but I'm sure the Coyotes can work with that.

Personally I think even though Burakovsky is younger and arguably more talented, Soda is the better overall player and will still be the better player when all is said and done. I'm still kinda meh on that particular deal, but I suppose we'll see.

I'll miss Big Carl (I'll admit I slagged him badly his 2nd year but that was just a bad year for everyone), but it was time. He'll do good for ya.

Soderberg is a beast. Joe’s big mistake of the season, because I am sure his plan involved trading him only with the idea he will get Panarin(which unfortunately he didn’t). Kadri was a good backup plan but cost Barrie.

Appreciate y'all. Have a soft spot for the Avs due to family in Frisco and the fans on here are always top notch.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Thought you guys might appreciate this. A screenshot from an Athletic article a few months ago. He's an odd dude but loved. Carl the one eyed robot.

Screenshot_2019-01-15-18-15-49.png

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
We'll literally have to win the Stanley Cup to get star players to want to sign here as free agents. It has nothing to do with Scottsdale bars and everything to do with opportunity and trajectory. I think the team as constructed is good enough to make the playoffs - what happens after that is anyone's guess.
Guys like duchene and his agent play everybody. Saying he's "interested" in Phoenix meant he wanted contract offers.
The coyotes are near the bottom in terms of attraction to big UFA's. (unstable franchise with bad arena situation/small attendence/ long losing streak out of playoffs. But that's okay. It's not a way to build a team.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Still can't believe we pulled this trade off.

It makes sense, a player with a "maxed out UFA-contract" should in theory have no trade value at all, as he already is payed what the highest bidder would pay. So you can say adding the pick to a serviceable player was good payment for the Avs.

Good trade though. Win.

Tom Polakis

Eternal Optimist
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
It makes sense, a player with a "maxed out UFA-contract" should in theory have no trade value at all, as he already is payed what the highest bidder would pay. So you can say adding the pick to a serviceable player was good payment for the Avs.

Good trade though. Win.

I don't think Avs fans are upset about it, as they added Burakovsky, who has been great for them. Don't know how any of this worked out financially/cap-wise for them.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't think Avs fans are upset about it, as they added Burakovsky, who has been great for them. Don't know how any of this worked out financially/cap-wise for them.

They used the space to add Kadri mainly, who is more of a traditional top 6 center and fits with what they wanted better than another year of Soda.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I said at the beginning of the season I think his signing was most important for our team success. He is a big body. Plays good defense and had a scoring touch. Gives us an additional stronger line to play against. I think he is a big factor. I like his game. With Crouse and Kessel now I think they can be tough to play against.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->