Proposal: Trade Rumours & Proposals Thread: Will we ever get another dman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilz89*

Interesting. When Stauffer asked Chiarelli about the Oilers 2016 1st round pick and if it was 'in play', Chia was pretty direct in saying that it was not. He definitely sounded like he was going to keep that pick for the upcoming draft.

Ughh why? No more rushing in teenagers. Trade it to acquire a good dman. Although, it probably will have more value in the summer. I'm just sick of watching this team and then sit at home while other teams play for the cup

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ughh why? No more rushing in teenagers. Trade it to acquire a good dman. Although, it probably will have more value in the summer. I'm just sick of watching this team and then sit at home while other teams play for the cup

It's not about rushing in teenagers, it's about making sure you don't **** up and trade Auston Matthews or Puljujarvi/Laine for Hamonic.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
yes he said that. The impression I got was that he would be immediately ready after the break, but at the very least very soon after

Did they ever say what happend to him?

Stauffer says lower body injury. I think I read here or somewhere it was a staph infection?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Interesting. When Stauffer asked Chiarelli about the Oilers 2016 1st round pick and if it was 'in play', Chia was pretty direct in saying that it was not. He definitely sounded like he was going to keep that pick for the upcoming draft.

At this point why would it be?

Unless Chiarelli is offered full value, being top-5 or better, why would he be shopping it?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think the likes of

Jay Bouwmeester
Jason Garrison
James Wisniewski
Mark Streit
Dan Hamhuis
Brian Campbell
Alex Goligoski
Ryan Murray

Might be availible as cap causalities, change of scenery situations, or lower-key UFAs.

Maybe we don't necessarily need to hit a home run. Two solid guys and hopefully a full season of Klefbom with Nurse taking a step next year and Reinhart also in the mix might not be so bad.

oilz89*

It's not about rushing in teenagers, it's about making sure you don't **** up and trade Auston Matthews or Puljujarvi/Laine for Hamonic.

Lol true but if we have a guy like Hammer on our d, along with Klef and McD back, do you really see us going bottom 5?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

I like what Chiarelli is doing here. It's not in play right now depending upon final spot in the standings and what happens in the lottery.

This year the top 3 picks are all lottery determined, so teams 30-28 could realistically be bumped out of picks #1-#3. I wouldn't publicly say that pick is for sale just yet either, even though I think it will be dealt after the lottery draft order has been determined or on draft day to snap up another d man if it's a relatively high pick.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If we DO get Mathews, I honestly think you have to trade him or trade down.

I honestly don't think so. You keep him. He is NHL ready. Eberle or RNH become much easier to let go of in that scenario, you could trade both of them honestly in that case.

Hall Draisaitl Yakupov
Pouliot McDavid Matthews

Is plenty of offence.

oilz89*

If we win Matthews, the response on this board and internet in general will be hilarious to watch unfold hahaha

I sure as heck hope we don't. McD is my Future franchise player not Matthews. IF we do get the pick I'd want us to trade down and take Olli Juolevi or Chychrun instead

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009

Quite honestly I'm glad.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There's no chance IMO Eberle and RNH wouldn't be moved in favor of moving Matthews first.

Matthews is very much a Chiarelli type player too. He might be better than Jack Eichel.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lol true but if we have a guy like Hammer on our d, along with Klef and McD back, do you really see us going bottom 5?

What if we get Hamonic and his first game back he breaks his foot? Or Talbot goes down? Or we get McDavid back only for Draisaitl to get hurt?

Have to consider such things.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I honestly don't think so. You keep him. He is NHL ready. Eberle or RNH become much easier to let go of in that scenario, you could trade both of them honestly in that case.

Hall Draisaitl Yakupov
Pouliot McDavid Matthews

Is plenty of offence.

Trading Matthews by himself could fix our defence for the next decade.

Hypothetically, do you do it for Brodin + Coyle + MIN 1st + MIN 2nd?

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
If we DO get Mathews, I honestly think you have to trade him or trade down.

If we somehow got Matthews and St. Louis doesn't trade Shatty this year I could see the Oilers packaging him for Petro and having a legit chance of getting the trade accepted.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Trading Matthews by himself could fix our defence for the next decade.

Hypothetically, do you do it for Brodin + Coyle + MIN 1st + MIN 2nd?

No I wouldn't.

Because I wouldn't do Jack Eichel for Brodin + Coyle + low picks our staff is probable to **** up with.

Odds are you can get Brodin for RNH anyway, so why trade Matthews if he's the primary target.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta

Jesus Christ.

Keep twiddling your thumbs while the team burns.

Matthews might pull a Lindros and I'd 100% support him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad