Proposal: Trade Rumours & Proposals Thread: Will we ever get another dman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
All this hypothetical Matthews talk is complete nonsense. They are not winning the draft lottery, yes I have a crystal ball.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Ughh why? No more rushing in teenagers. Trade it to acquire a good dman. Although, it probably will have more value in the summer. I'm just sick of watching this team and then sit at home while other teams play for the cup

Teams will be looking to fleece the Oilers for their pick, just like the Islanders fleeced them at the draft. May as well keep the picks and restock the cupboards with prospects. RNH and/or Eberle will be used to bring in a defenseman and the Oilers will probably sign a defenseman in free agency as well.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
All this hypothetical Matthews talk is complete nonsense. They are not winning the draft lottery, yes I have a crystal ball.

Draft lottery ... the Oilers ball comes up

Bettman: Uhhh ... errrr ... no one saw that right? Just run the machine again.

:laugh:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they just conveniently leave our ball out of the 1st overall draw. And part of me doesn't blame them.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

I said the exact same thing last year regarding McDavid.

NOBODY out lotteries us...NOBODY

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Jesus Christ.

Keep twiddling your thumbs while the team burns.

Matthews might pull a Lindros and I'd 100% support him.

Pray tell, what exactly do you want Chiarelli to do, keeping in mind the frankly horrific state of our prospects?

Who's left with legit NHL upside? Brossoit, Reinhart, Slepyshev, Khaira as a 4th liner?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Jesus Christ.

Keep twiddling your thumbs while the team burns.

Matthews might pull a Lindros and I'd 100% support him.

Smart by Chia. Make it seem like the pick is untouchable and hope someone overpays. Still have half a season to go and the deals we'd be interested in wont happen until the draft anyway.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Pray tell, what exactly do you want Chiarelli to do, keeping in mind the frankly horrific state of our prospects?

Who's left with legit NHL upside? Brossoit, Reinhart, Slepyshev, Khaira as a 4th liner?

Package the first with RNH or Eberle and get some real, legit help. No more teenagers, I don't care how good they look beating up inferior competition.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I said the exact same thing last year regarding McDavid.

NOBODY out lotteries us...NOBODY

They'd have to build a statue for Bill Daly in the middle of the city

bill-daly-oilers-e1334122803559.jpg

edmontonoilers.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

1297677425613_ORIGINAL.jpg

capitals-fire46.jpg

CC7Jg16UkAAufBp.jpg:large

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta

Eh, I still think Lagesson has NHL upside. I've liked him since before the Oilers drafted him. And LaLeggia, Yakimov, Bear, Jones could all be NHLers in 3-5 years.

You're right, though. For a team that's been this bad for the past 9 years, it's a joke that we don't have some solid prospects.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Package the first with RNH or Eberle and get some real, legit help. No more teenagers, I don't care how good they look beating up inferior competition.

Sure, but when that pick is 3rd overall and all we have for RNH + 1st is a #2 defenceman and an average bottom sixer, will you be in the complaining thread afterward?

oilz89*

Teams will be looking to fleece the Oilers for their pick, just like the Islanders fleeced them at the draft. May as well keep the picks and restock the cupboards with prospects. RNH and/or Eberle will be used to bring in a defenseman and the Oilers will probably sign a defenseman in free agency as well.

No thanks. Use the pick and RNH to get a dman

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Chiarelli is not going to want to be known as the guy who traded Seguin and Matthews.

They would move Eberle or RNH to get a d-man and that'd be that.

Honestly, if McDavid and Klefbom had not suffered two very bizarre injuries, we'd probably be in the middle of a playoff hunt this season as is. There's no doubt those injuries cost us 6-10 points.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Trading the pick in season is a recipe for disaster. Once the Oil know exactly what spot they're picking I'm sure it'll be available, but there is no sense in trading what looks likely to be a top 5 pick right now. Look how well that is working for the Sharks right now.

oilz89*

Then it's a good deal. But you have to consider the what-ifs, unless you want to be the Maple Leafs trading Tyler Seguin.

True and I forgot that we are the Oil. In a couple weeks time Leon is gonna slip and have his shoulder broken. All Oiler top picks get injuries around this area. Its how they join the team "fraternity" :laugh:

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Chiarelli is not going to want to be known as the guy who traded Seguin and Matthews.

They would move Eberle or RNH to get a d-man and that'd be that.

Honestly, if McDavid and Klefbom had not suffered two very bizarre injuries, we'd probably be in the middle of a playoff hunt this season as is. There's no doubt those injuries cost us 6-10 points.

Chiarelli isn't the GM known to trade Seguin. That is Cam Neely and Crew. He was against it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Chiarelli isn't the GM known to trade Seguin. That is Cam Neely and Crew. He was against it.

He still takes heat for it though, and he still gets asked about it. No chance he deals Matthews if they fluke out and win the pick.

RNH and/or Eberle ... what time do you guys need a ride to the airport?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
One of those pictures just looks like Bill is defeated. He a Leafs fan?

Nah. Trying to contain belly laughter...like when you're taking a leak in a public washroom and some dude in a stall starts making sounds no human thought was possible, while you pretend not to notice.

That's the face (first pic).

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
ladies and kiddies

one reason we are in this situation is we have fallen in love with high end draft picks

here is OUR HEALTHY LINE UP

Hall
Nuge
Eberle
Yakupoc-love em or hate em
McJesus
Leon
there is our top 6

why are we talking about adding another top FW--we have the guys up front
Unless you guys are finally ready to admit that we have completely screwed up the first and second rebuilds we have done in the past 8 years.

The core are
McDavid, Nurse, Leon and Klefbom--if you agree that is the core then lets talk about drafting yet another top end guy in the top 3 and lets start trading EVERYONE NOT ON THAT LIST to get the other stuff we need to build a proper winner.
Once you start adding Sekera, Nuge, Hall, Eberle or Yak--you adding to the too end talent and ignore that IN NEARLY EVERY LOSE IN THE PASS TWO MONTHS-MANY POSTER BLAMED THE THIRD AND FOURTH LINEs for the lose and have a free pass to the top 6 --

after 4 first overall picks, a third overall pick, 7th overall pick and trading for a guy taken 4th--that is 8 high end picks

if we are serious about adding yet another top pick--we need to move some of the others out to address the other needs we have

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
I don't see the Oilers making a big deal until the draft at the earliest anyway so I don't see the problem with sending out the pick if it's middling or keeping it if it's another top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad