Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Maybe but it might be a little late for that, and the RD acquired must be good not a retread.

I have no doubt with Norris back and a top 4 RD we will be .640 here on out.

Even DJ can't stop that. We saw it at the beginning of the season when we went 4-1 against some of the best teams in the league on that winning streak.

Reactions: NB613

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have no doubt with Norris back and a top 4 RD we will be .640 here on out.

Even DJ can't stop that. We saw it at the beginning of the season when we went 4-1 against some of the best teams in the league on that winning streak.
I have doubt. A top 4 D will be very expensive to acquire and could mean we lose a top 6 F or a high draft pick, such as a our #1 pick in 2023 or 2024.

Reactions: NB613 and Alex1234

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Summer is right when he says motte-Joseph replacing Paul formenton and brown is a maaaaaaaaajjjjjjoooorrrrr downgrade.

Those guys are just not threats.

I think dorion may have been listening to some on this board who even last year were still saying stuff like “Paul is nothing more than a fourth liner” “if you can get anything for a fourth liner you do it” and other dumb shit concerning Paul.

Also “Connor brown was always a place holder”. Place holder for whom? “If were worried about Connor brown then we have bigger issues”.

These players are “good”. It is very good to have “good” players.

I think Dorion got a little ahead of himself on that brown trade. He felt hot and was gunslinging on that one.
Simmer failed to consider the addition of Giroux. So it was Debrincat, Giroux, Joseph and Motte in with Formenton, C. Brown, Paul and (Tierney/Gaudette) out. Retaining Formenton, C. Brown and Paul would have been a major benefit over Joseph, Motte, Gambrell, Kastelic, Kelly, Watson, Brassard.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Simmer failed to consider the addition of Giroux. So it was Debrincat, Giroux, Joseph and Motte in with Formenton, C. Brown, Paul and (Tierney/Gaudette) out. Retaining Formenton, C. Brown and Paul would have been a major benefit over Joseph, Motte, Gambrell, Kastelic, Kelly, Watson, Brassard.
Don’t think he’s failing to consider it. Paul and Joseph were traded 1 for 1 lol. You don’t need to consider giroux and debrincat.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
The teams that will want Debrincat will be competing against each other to get him, so the return will likely not be meh. He is a valuable asset, young, and proven goal scorer so he has good value.

I too doubt we will get a 1RD for Debrincat; however, we may get a high draft pick at the TDL from a SC contender if they have the cap space, or from a playoff team hoping to add an F who can score to turn them into a contender.
Yup
So that means a late pick
We just traded a 7 for him…

Reactions: Cosmix

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
DeBrincat, Joseph, Washington’s 2nd ‘24, Tampa Bay 4th ‘23

- or -

Brown, Paul, Ottawa 1st & 2nd ‘22, Ottawa 3rd ‘23

I’m taking DeBrincat every time. I’d suggest trading Batherson for a top 4 D to keep Brinsky.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

- or -

I’m taking DeBrincat every time. I’d suggest trading Batherson for a top 4 D to keep Brinsky.
Debrincat + Paul + Brown

or
Ottawa 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and Joseph

which one now

I don't mind the paul deal but we could easily have brown abd debrincat here

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Debrincat + Paul + Brown

or
Ottawa 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and Joseph

which one now

I don't mind the paul deal but we could easily have brown abd debrincat here

I think even if we don’t make the Paul/Joseph deal Brown still requests a trade. Not enough ice time with Batherson, Giroux, Debrincat, Tkachuk ahead of you in a contract year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

- or -

I think this should go into the new "Must be really high to enter" thread

Reactions: Big Muddy and HSF

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think even if we don’t make the Paul/Joseph deal Brown still requests a trade. Not enough ice time with Batherson, Giroux, Debrincat, Tkachuk ahead of you in a contract year.
Don't think it was confirmed that he asked for a trade. It was said that he wants to test the market.

Even if he did ask for a trade you can trade him at this deadline after he helps us.

I am not sure why Ottawa is so allergic to depth. When you have cheaper ELC players now is the time to have depth

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

- or -

I'd easily take the second package considering it costs significantly less in both cap space and salary owed, which would have allowed us to add a good defenseman like Marino without having to dump Zaitsev.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I'd easily take the second package considering it costs significantly less in both cap space and salary owed, which would have allowed us to add a good defenseman like Marino without having to dump Zaitsev.
We can add Marino

the team did not want his contract length according to Bruce is very well connected. Lets not change the narrative

If they are realllly worried about Zatisev then toss two 2nd rounders and give him to someone. I don't think that is a big issue to solve

I think we need to get past the narrative that is forming that it was either Debrincat or a top 4 forward. That is not what the math shows nor what the team lead us to believe

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
The entire league knows Hughes wants first rounders in any trade. He told EVERYONE. YET the Sens still sent scouts to hab games. So dont tell me their is NO INTEREST.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

On Marino. We hired Pittsburghs AGM when they acquired Marino - and we still didn’t acquire him.

Edmonton drafted him, developed him and shipped him off to Pittsburgh for a draft pick lower than he was drafted. I personally believe he does not want to play in Canada.

Don't think it was confirmed that he asked for a trade. It was said that he wants to test the market.

Even if he did ask for a trade you can trade him at this deadline after he helps us.

I am not sure why Ottawa is so allergic to depth. When you have cheaper ELC players now is the time to have depth

We tried to honour his wishes as best as possible. I think if we keep him he’s going to be a little disgruntled and that’s not something you want to have.

I think this should go into the new "Must be really high to enter" thread

Broken Coast Northern Lights Haze.

And pseudoephedrine hydrochloride.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I would go to Nashville. Tanner Jeannot, Jack Matier and an unprotected 1rst and a 2nd for Debrincat if he doean't want to resign. Don't know if that works cap wise for them. Use that as a starting point.

You're giving us a First to take one of those players? Ok.
That is way more than Ottawa had to give up. I don't think they're getting that back for him unfortunately.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
On Marino. We hired Pittsburghs AGM when they acquired Marino - and we still didn’t acquire him.

Edmonton drafted him, developed him and shipped him off to Pittsburgh for a draft pick lower than he was drafted. I personally believe he does not want to play in Canada.

We tried to honour his wishes as best as possible. I think if we keep him he’s going to be a little disgruntled and that’s not something you want to have.

Broken Coast Northern Lights Haze.

And pseudoephedrine hydrochloride.
Connor Brown is a professional he is def not the type of player who would slack off till free agency/ If anyhing he would want to cash in big. I would have used that to my advantage. We have seen other players ask for trades such as debrusk and tarasenko who teams keep and have a great season

Reactions: Agent Zub and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The entire league knows Hughes wants first rounders in any trade. He told EVERYONE. YET the Sens still sent scouts to hab games. So dont tell me their is NO INTEREST.
There is something deeply wrong with your fanbase. This is another terrific example. Who the hell would the sens give their first for on your trash team outside of guhle, caufield, Suzuki or slaf. Beat it.

Reactions: NB613 and Senscore

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What about Jeannot, Matier and a 3rd?
Id probably consider it. Matier really looks awesome and Jeannot is the type of player I really like. Not sure if they would... But seems like it could be something both teams might consider.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Id probably consider it. Matier really looks awesome and Jeannot is the type of player I really like. Not sure if they would... But seems like it could be something both teams might consider.
Coool. Ok. Does Columbus have solid 3rd liner that you like? I'm not familiar with them. I got another idea. A 3rd/2nd tweener would be perfect.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Alec Martinez is someone i think might be available that we could probably get for a reasonable price

plays RD for vegas right now (putting this here as capfriendly has him listed as a LD) and apparently vegas is looking to shore up the team overall but cant with basically no cap space

We are one of the few teams that could offer vegas the cap relief and allow them to make supplementary moves

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Y'all realize DeBrincat plays the lowest value position in the league, has contract uncertainty, is under-sized and hasn't been scoring goals this season at his historic pace. Creating proposals with him for a defensemen (RD) that is arguably the highest value position in the league is simply not going to look fair on paper.

If the Sens can pull off a Hall v Larsson type deal that'd be great. A solid top-4 dman who is young, has security, and helps our biggest weakness.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
There is something deeply wrong with your fanbase. This is another terrific example. Who the hell would the sens give their first for on your trash team outside of guhle, caufield, Suzuki or slaf. Beat it.
Hughes said he’s inter
Y'all realize DeBrincat plays the lowest value position in the league, has contract uncertainty, is under-sized and hasn't been scoring goals this season at his historic pace. Creating proposals with him for a defensemen (RD) that is arguably the highest value position in the league is simply not going to look fair on paper.

If the Sens can pull off a Hall v Larsson type deal that'd be great. A solid top-4 dman who is young, has security, and helps our biggest weakness.
teams acquire “solid top 4 dmen”. They don’t give up near ppg wingers when they do it.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

They'd just go and waste it on another Kotkaniemi anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: TheNewEra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad