Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think the budget was a factor too.

However trading Brown for a 2nd round pick was bad asset management, given that there must have been concerns about Formenton returning at that time.

I like Joseph and his speed and hustle. I liked Paul more and would have retained him if possible.
Joseph is showing he is well suited to an energy line .. Paul is so much more versatile and would have been more valuable as a depth player.
Trading Brown was again over estimating the roster depth. Even hanging on to him until the TDL would have made a big difference to our depth.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
zubs agent def wanted the short term contract but Dorion talking about how he wanted it as well because we need room for jbd and thomson who both look like bottom pairing or ahl guys was so stupid

Joseph is showing he is well suited to an energy line .. Paul is so much more versatile and would have been more valuable as a depth player.
Trading Brown was again over estimating the roster depth. Even hanging on to him until the TDL would have made a big difference to our depth.
When you can get a second for him in two years you HAVE to trade him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
zubs agent def wanted the short term contract but Dorion talking about how he wanted it as well because we need room for jbd and thomson who both look like bottom pairing or ahl guys was so stupid

We had posters on here claiming Joseph > Formenton.
When we had a poll at the end of last year sometime .. Most people voted Formenton was worth a 1st... Who's giving us a 1st for Joseph.. what's he worth?
maybe a 2nd ... maybe

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think the budget was a factor too.

However trading Brown for a 2nd round pick was bad asset management, given that there must have been concerns about Formenton returning at that time.

I like Joseph and his speed and hustle. I liked Paul more and would have retained him if possible.
Trading Brown and Paul weren’t bad moves IMO.

Dorion bungled the follow up to the trades. Joseph contact is at least a 1M overpay so I’d rather Paul if we aren’t saving money. Brown was replaced by Giroux and the dollars were supposed to go to that top 4D, that miss is really killing us.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
My point was more that Debrincat for Durzi and and Moore are like paying Kobi prices for Walmart steaks.

Throw him on the market in the off season and take the best offer.
Ok
Make sense
Didnt thought about that ;)

Looking like it was very possible

I’ll have to look around the league.
Ohhh
For sure
Thats the first step hey

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I’m blown away that people don’t see what JBD can/will become.

Reactions: aragorn

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Problem is 3 150 000 in florida is probably worth 4MM$ here
Plus the weather, contending years etc

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
My point was more that Debrincat for Durzi and and Moore are like paying Kobi prices for Walmart steaks.

The best offer is not going to be a 1RD thats the thing lol
Easy to say trade him for a top 4 RD
Otherteams want 2 1st and Greig for a top RD and are not trading their 1RD
I dont want Durzi more then you do but…
Propose something if you think we can get a premium piece of meat

He would have never had a sniff of Florida if he signed here and he was willing to sign here... no need to compare $
Ok didnt know that

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Agree. But if they do trade him they'll just be looking for another top 6 forward. The ship has probably sailed but it would have been alot easier to make a deal knowing if Formenton would be back at some point.

If the deal is around a d man I'd want a nice future to go with it. L.A has a deep prospect pool.

We had posters on here claiming Joseph > Formenton.
When we had a poll at the end of last year sometime .. Most people voted Formenton was worth a 1st... Who's giving us a 1st for Joseph.. what's he worth?
maybe a 2nd ... maybe
That was very unfortunate. Was shocking to me.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The best offer is not going to be a 1RD thats the thing lol
Easy to say trade him for a top 4 RD
Otherteams want 2 1st and Greig for a top RD and are not trading their 1RD
I dont want Durzi more then you do but…
Propose something if you think we can get a premium piece of meat
Well the thing we don’t know yet is which teams flame out this year and what the pressure points will be for them.

Examples

Calgary have a small window to win with Sutter and big money on older players. If they miss the playoffs or lose in the first round due to lack of scoring maybe Treliving sacrifices a D for a top line winger.

St Louis have Tarasenko and O’Reilly as UFAs. They have started investing in their youth as they are transitioning while still being competitive. Would a 25 year old Debrincat fit where they are headed ? Could Parayko or Faulk be sacrificed (both are 30 with NTCs) for AB + a young RD.

My point is there will be teams looking for a top line winger and we may have the best one on the trade market. It also doesn’t have to be 1 for 1.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Well the thing we don’t know yet is which teams flame out this year and what the pressure points will be for them.

Examples

Calgary have a small window to win with Sutter and big money on older players. If they miss the playoffs or lose in the first round due to lack of scoring maybe Treliving sacrifices a D for a top line winger.

St Louis have Tarasenko and O’Reilly as UFAs. They have started investing in their youth as they are transitioning while still being competitive. Would a 25 year old Debrincat fit where they are headed ? Could Parayko or Faulk be sacrificed (both are 30 with NTCs) for AB + a young RD.

My point is there will be teams looking for a top line winger and we may have the best one on the trade market. It also doesn’t have to be 1 for 1.
I know that
I think best value is probably TDL
My point is were not getting a young 1RD for Cat
Teams know if were talking to them about Cat hes probably not re-signing so they see us coming hence the meh return

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I hear the sens sent scouts to the habs games
ok so which is it Anderson or Edmondson and of course you know what we want ( 1st)
I dont care what you want to give its a 1st or NADA TRADE

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
ok so which is it Anderson or Edmondson and of course you know what we want ( 1st)

thanks for dropping by Mr.Hughes

Reactions: guyzeur

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Nada in your va..na

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Scary because this isn’t a joke. You guys thought you were getting 7th overall for Dvorak or anderson as the draft.

think I’ll take NADA TRADE in this circumstance.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Colorado has Mcdermott.... The players talked about how big it made them feel in the regular season on a few podcasts I listened to. But yes I agree still need versitile players that can contribute and drop em.

Never made any sense.
I would go to Nashville. Tanner Jeannot, Jack Matier and an unprotected 1rst and a 2nd for Debrincat if he doean't want to resign. Don't know if that works cap wise for them. Use that as a starting point.

You're giving us a First to take one of those players? Ok.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

I too like to live in a fairy la la land far far away.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
did we trade for Aiden Dudas???

He's showing up on our roster on the hockey reference site...

1670175358696.png

• Wow
Reactions: NB613

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Ottawa has ZERO NEED for Edmundson, they have Thomas Chabot, Jake Sanderson and Erik Brannstrom on LD. Nick Holden already plays most of his shifts on RD for that particular reason.

Anderson is a glorified Colin Greening at an inflated salary

If Dorion trades a first to get him, he better call Elon Musk to travel to space.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I know that
I think best value is probably TDL
My point is were not getting a young 1RD for Cat
Teams know if were talking to them about Cat hes probably not re-signing so they see us coming hence the meh return
The teams that will want Debrincat will be competing against each other to get him, so the return will likely not be meh. He is a valuable asset, young, and proven goal scorer so he has good value.

I too doubt we will get a 1RD for Debrincat; however, we may get a high draft pick at the TDL from a SC contender if they have the cap space, or from a playoff team hoping to add an F who can score to turn them into a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad