Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If you get karlsson you don’t really need to sign Zub long term

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It would be the cost of evaluating a player with untapped potential, in an area of weakness. he's still owed about 2.5, not 3.8.
There's a reason so many teams give up on him once they get to know him. Won't be a secret in Ottawa with G here. He was his captain.

If you get karlsson you don’t really need to sign Zub long term
Yes you absolutely do. You need defensive shut down players that can play top 4 minutes. Its not a video game. Karlsson also isn't coming here.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Holy eff I can finally log in. For whatever reason it was giving me issues for like a week.

If you can’t get a multi year extension done for Debrincat by the draft, flip him out for a defensemen+.
Debrincat ++ for Durzi and Moore maybe?
Need to address Cat spot if he's leaving
Can't have Joseph on the 2nd line
Just can't

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Just can't
Not trying to be an ass but that might be the worst proposal I’ve ever seen unless Clarke was the +. Durzi is filler and Moore is UFA and isn’t really much of a player.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Just can't
LW is the last position to worry about if Cat is moved. There's tons of quality LWs all over the place. Easiest position to fill.

If we do move Cat, I want to see a legit 1RD as the return....and I don't mean Erik. As much as I love the guy, his age, history and contract just don't work. And we need to drop the habit of bringing back our old players.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We need an RD like Zub and another like Karlsson. The major issue is affordability.

We also need an F like Reaves to be the policeman instead of Tkachuk doing it and breaking his fingers and hands.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Summer is right when he says motte-Joseph replacing Paul formenton and brown is a maaaaaaaaajjjjjjoooorrrrr downgrade.

Those guys are just not threats.

I think dorion may have been listening to some on this board who even last year were still saying stuff like “Paul is nothing more than a fourth liner” “if you can get anything for a fourth liner you do it” and other dumb shit concerning Paul.

Also “Connor brown was always a place holder”. Place holder for whom? “If were worried about Connor brown then we have bigger issues”.

These players are “good”. It is very good to have “good” players.

I think Dorion got a little ahead of himself on that brown trade. He felt hot and was gunslinging on that one.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Not trying to be an ass but that might be the worst proposal I’ve ever seen unless Clarke was the +. Durzi is filler and Moore is UFA and isn’t really much of a player.
So 8th overall ,Durzi and Moore for 1year of Debrincat at 9MM$?
Im all in

But youll be surprised when you really see what Debrincat returns

LW is the last position to worry about if Cat is moved. There's tons of quality LWs all over the place. Easiest position to fill.

If we do move Cat, I want to see a legit 1RD as the return....and I don't mean Erik. As much as I love the guy, his age, history and contract just don't work. And we need to drop the habit of bringing back our old players.
Wich 1RD you think Debrincat can return in your opinion?

Man. Durzi? Why are you adding to debrincat to get f***ing durzi.
Whats your proposal?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So 8th overall ,Durzi and Moore for 1year of Debrincat at 9MM$?
Im all in

But youll be surprised when you really see what Debrincat returns

Wich 1RD you think Debrincat can return in your opinion?

Whats your proposal?
For durzi? Well..nothing. But if he’s available? Like. Joseph maybe? I don’t think he’s particularly great so hard for me to think up a package for him. You obviously think he’s a young top pairing stud so maybe I’ve just missed something

A prospect and pick if kings are selling? But debrincat ++? Like… I can’t even think of a d man I would be expecting back if we are giving debrincat ++.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
We also need an F like Reaves to be the policeman instead of Tkachuk doing it and breaking his fingers and hands.

Policemen are a dying breed in the NHL. Colorado didn't have one. Tampa Bay didn't have one. You need guys who can drop them but also contribute in other ways.

Assen na yo!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Summer is right when he says motte-Joseph replacing Paul formenton and brown is a maaaaaaaaajjjjjjoooorrrrr downgrade.

I think dorion may have been listening to some on this board who even last year were still saying stuff like “Paul is nothing more than a fourth liner” “if you can get anything for a fourth liner you do it” and other dumb shit concerning Paul.

Also “Connor brown was always a place holder”. Place holder for whom? “If were worried about Connor brown then we have bigger issues”.

I think Dorion got a little ahead of himself on that brown trade. He felt hot and was gunslinging on that one.
I think the budget was a factor too.

However trading Brown for a 2nd round pick was bad asset management, given that there must have been concerns about Formenton returning at that time.

I like Joseph and his speed and hustle. I liked Paul more and would have retained him if possible.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
There's a reason so many teams give up on him once they get to know him. Won't be a secret in Ottawa with G here. He was his captain.

Yes you absolutely do. You need defensive shut down players that can play top 4 minutes. Its not a video game. Karlsson also isn't coming here.

Lots of sens fans seem to fail to understand that when your team lacks depth, replacing one guy with another, even if it’s an upgrade, isn’t enough.

We hear it constantly, we don’t need Brown we replaced with with G. Definitely an upgrade but that means the depth is still lacking.

The Sens need to add good players and retain their current good players.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Policemen are a dying breed in the NHL. Colorado didn't have one. Tampa Bay didn't have one. You need guys who can drop them but also contribute in other ways.

Assen na yo!
As a 4th line forward playing low 4th line minutes per game, a policeman who can skate decently and not be a defensive liability would be fine. I don't expect him to score goals nor play the PP or PK. He would move up to the 1st or 2nd line when required (like Semenko and McSorley with Gretzky).

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I agree that we need Zub and also that Karlsson is probably not coming here (due to budget and Cap reasons); however, Karlsson would be a great addition at RD.

Reactions: bert

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Trading brown for a 2nd was moronic

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
For durzi? Well..nothing. But if he’s available? Like. Joseph maybe? I don’t think he’s particularly great so hard for me to think up a package for him. You obviously think he’s a young top pairing stud so maybe I’ve just missed something

A prospect and pick if kings are selling? But debrincat ++? Like… I can’t even think of a d man I would be expecting back if we are giving debrincat ++.
Whats your proposal if Cat doesnt want to re-sign…????

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Assen na yo!
Colorado has Mcdermott.... The players talked about how big it made them feel in the regular season on a few podcasts I listened to. But yes I agree still need versitile players that can contribute and drop em.

Trading brown for a 2nd was moronic
Never made any sense.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think the budget was a factor too.

However trading Brown for a 2nd round pick was bad asset management, given that there must have been concerns about Formenton returning at that time.

I like Joseph and his speed and hustle. I liked Paul more and would have retained him if possible.
Looking like it was very possible

Whats your proposal if Cat doesnt want to re-sign…????
I’ll have to look around the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad