Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It will be interesting to see what the Sens do at the TDL with their UFAs. Not sure how much these first 4 would garner but I doubt it's much more than late rd picks.

Holden - not sure he would want him at his age, but I doubt he is re-signed
Watson - someone might want his toughness in the playoffs for protected minutes
Motte - is a good defensive forward that someone might want for a playoff run
Brassard - good experienced offensive forward depth for a playoff team

Hamonic - probably belongs in the group above, but Ottawa is having trouble finding someone internally to take his spot. Not sure if any D in the organization is better overall, but I'm hoping for JBD next yr.

Zub - unlike Hamonic nobody in the org is better defensively than Zub & he should be re-signed asap. The defence is weak with him in the lineup & they need at least two upgrades.

Talbot - given the unpredictability of this team & it's goaltending it might not be a bad idea to sign Talbot for another yr although he might want to go to a team that is further ahead that need good goaltending. If he doesn't want to re-sign here than they have to move him at the TDL & get as much as possible, he's been very good this yr.
I agree.
Zub is a must sign.
Hamonic is OK on 3rd pair but likely wants $3M which is too much. Better to go with JBD or Thomson.
Holden, Watson, Motte and Brassard should be traded at TDL or let go.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Big cost for a longshot.

There's a reason he's been sent down to the AHL twice in the last two years. Not a lot going on between the ears with him.

Said the same when he was getting massive hype back in junior.
I'd take a risk on Myers for his $1.4 million caphit next year. Holden can't be expected to play the same and Hamonic isn't worth more then $1.5 million either. Its a gamble I'd take over the ones we've taken in the past (Rielly, Gudbranson, etc...)

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Debrincat at the deadline you figure will go to a team that needs PP help on the right side - Pitt and Carolina need PP
Help and RW depth:

Ott: Owen Pickering, 1st 2023
Pitt: Debrincat, Motte
Man what.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Debrincat at the deadline you figure will go to a team that needs PP help on the right side - Pitt and Carolina need PP
Help and RW depth:

Ott: Owen Pickering, 1st 2023
Pitt: Debrincat, Motte
If we're trading with the Pens, a team that's truly in an all-in mode I'd see if we can squeeze everything we can out of them.

Retain 50% on Cat, throw in Brannstrom and see if we can get Ty Smith and Blomqvist along with Pickering and the 2023 1st

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
They watched the game together at Karlssons home last night
Good friends
Yeah. Karl at Alfie house every year for the hall of fame call. If everybody loves Alfie and says he is all class, then say that Karl is bad for a dressing room, then why does Alfie have so much respect for Karl? Riddle me that.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Let’s say Debrincat won’t give us more than his offer sheet 1 yr 9m

Would you trade him for Boeser 2yrs 6.6m

Clearly you are downgrading a winger . Debrincat is a point per game guy. But signing Debrincat would break our cap flexibility . Then again I see how this fan base reacts to a player like Batherson who is playing above his contract and don’t think Boeser will deserve the vitriol coming his way for being a 50-60pt guy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Clearly you are downgrading a winger . Debrincat is a point per game guy. But signing Debrincat would break our cap flexibility . Then again I see how this fan base reacts to a player like Batherson who is playing above his contract and don’t think Boeser will deserve the vitriol coming his way for being a 50-60pt guy
No thanks. Only way I am interested in Boeser is if we are sending back Zaitsev, or maybe if Joseph is the centrepiece.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Nah we can get more and cheaper, younger for Debrincat.

Also if we to give up Debrincat we need to use him to address our biggest need which is a top 3-4 dman.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

I'd try to fleece Vancouver and see if we can get Hoglander as well, but if we're going to move Cat I'd rather we prioritize getting a top 4RD (or use assets from a Cat trade to get an RD)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Boeser is out here getting scratched.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Love it. Bring him home.

I just don't see a way it's possible, even if SJ retained as much as they could. He also has 13 million remaining in signing bonuses. Not to mention I think if he goes anywhere it will be to a team viewed as a contender right now.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I just don't see a way it's possible, even if SJ retained as much as they could. He also has 13 million remaining in signing bonuses. Not to mention I think if he goes anywhere it will be to a team viewed as a contender right now.
He doubt he stays if he’s not wanted. And he will waive for Ottawa

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

It's easy to fit EK in if DeBrincat and/or Zub aren't re-signing, which unfortunately is probably more likely than not at this stage.

No contender has the cap space to take him on. Only other team talked about as a possibility is Florida, and that would necessitate the Sharks taking on Bobrovsky in the deal. Not sure they'd want to do that. Kind of defeats the purpose of dumping EK's deal.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If Dorion seriously considers it, I assume its on the basis of what Hale said about Debrincat and/or Zub leaving. Dorion would have a good pulse on that by now obviously. I also have a hunch Ottawa is high on his list, if not highest, and that SJ would help facilitate it with significant retention. The signing bonuses shouldn't be an issue with Melnyk gone and Karlsson's actual remaining AAV including those bonuses still being below his cap hit.

I know not everyone wants to take the risk, but I would, especially if 12 & 2 aren't sticking around. We're really thin on RD without Zub, extremely so, and any prospects in line like JBD and Thomson aren't looking like anything special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad