Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The educated guess says its the league. They just like the thing to go away and want to avoid talking about it. Was it Dorion or DJ that made a rather vague statement about it a ways back. Dorion/DJ was being careful not to be too direct about it, but he hinted that he was getting direction from the league and how to handle this & what to say.

I can't believe Formenton or his agent would not take a one year deal this year even if it was low and then go at next year again (possibly with a different team because of a trade). Unless his contract is a big leap, it would be hard for him to make up the money he's lost perhaps.
I am sure he would take any contract rn

the league probably told ottawa he can't play till he is cleared by the commish in which case there is no point in signing him

Reactions: Big Muddy

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
So is it the league that doesn't want him to play this yr or the team? Why wouldn't Formenton's management team not sign what the Sens offered given his value has plummeted? There is clearly something else at play & it's obviously regarding the HC dilemma & the stain that has on HC & any team related to it.

Seems to me signing the offer sheet and making the NHL suspend you (if they’re going to suspend you), instead of being de-facto suspended and then possibly facing a real suspension once you do eventually sign somewhere anyways makes sense.

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Seems to me signing the offer sheet and making the NHL suspend you (if they’re going to suspend you), instead of being de-facto suspended and then possibly facing a real suspension once you do eventually sign somewhere anyways makes sense.
Offersheets are long expired. Maybe Ottawa only has a multi year deal on the table at league min, so say the league suspends him this year, then he's still under contract next year on a bad for him deal even though he's served his time? He'll have more negotiation leverage if he can actually play, so if we assume he'd be suspended right away even if he did sign, he's likely better off waiting until he's in a better position to negotiate a deal.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Offersheets are long expired. Maybe Ottawa only has a multi year deal on the table at league min, so say the league suspends him this year, then he's still under contract next year on a bad for him deal even though he's served his time? He'll have more negotiation leverage if he can actually play, so if we assume he'd be suspended right away even if he did sign, he's likely better off waiting until he's in a better position to negotiate a deal.

How long do those stay open?

It will be hard for his value yo move up without playing and reminding people of what he can do on the ice, particularly with a possible suspension and general cloud of doubt about him.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The problem is they think this is a real negotiation. Like they’re trying to fleece other fans. Losers really.
I'm not sure what goes on in the minds of those posters. There's an amazing lack of awareness (or knowledge) is one of the observations I had. Not everyone of course, so you can't generalize. I just found it humorous.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm not sure what goes on in the minds of those posters. There's an amazing lack of awareness (or knowledge) is one of the observations I had. Not everyone of course, so you can't generalize. I just found it humorous.
I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt and choose to beleive they know what they’re saying is ridiculous but want to play GM for a day.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How long do those stay open?

It will be hard for his value yo move up without playing and reminding people of what he can do on the ice, particularly with a possible suspension and general cloud of doubt about him.
Qualifying offers are good for about two weeks from the deadline to submit them. They expired in mid Jul

Reactions: Bileur

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think it’s ownership that is saying not to sign Formenton as opposed to a league mandate.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I don't get it. What's the advantage for getting Myers over Zaitsev. Sounds like they are both bad.
Myers is large enough to wear a face shield and physically lie in front of the blueline. Zaitsev is too short for that.

He has a $5million signing bonus and I could understand getting him after that if ownership is cheap, but right now it seems pointless

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I don't get it. What's the advantage for getting Myers over Zaitsev. Sounds like they are both bad.

Myers is less bad, but a team desperate for good RD being willing to trade him away should be a massive red flag.

Dorion already made that mistake taking Hamonic off their hands, so I doubt it'll matter in this case either.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
I'm not sure Myers is less bad. Especially from a valuation perspective with that contract. I think that Zaitsev, who has been far from good, has had more frequent 'better' games and fewer poor games than Myers over the past few seasons. The idea that Myers is 'better' than Zaitsev: is it because Zaitsev was waived and sent down? Maybe we just have more options on RD and are wiling to pull that move where Van does not?

I just don't think there is a sizable gap between these 2 payers in terms of quality - especially not to overcome a disparity in poor contracts (Myers is much worse). Both teams would love a redo on taking on these players and their contracts I'm sure.
...And big fat f***in LOL to Van fans thinking somehow Zub would be worked into a deal focused on Myers. Delusional.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
There isn’t but I bet Dorion and the pro scouts beleive Myers is good. It’s a very very clear trend here. They think bad second pairing “defensive d men” are actually good.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I was thinking maybe someone on MTL but they don’t have any top 4 dman, just bottom pairing guys

I could see Edmunson or Savard though

I want that Karlsson magic here again
We’ve thought bottom pairing d men are top 4 d men before. Do you think we’ve changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad