Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Which one of those trades would you make?

Would you trade Sanderson for MacAvoy?

Would you trade Chabot for Lindholm?

Would you trade Zub for Carlo?

I wouldn’t make any of those trades, fine if you would, but to me it’s not an ‘lol’

Lol away dude, but would you trade Sanderson for him right now? 20 games into Sanderson’s career and it’s a hells no for me.
Thats not what I wrote ... dude

What you wrote : ''Sanderson > McAvoy'' doesn't mean ''I would not trade Sanderson for McAvoy''

It doesn't mean that

Just doesn't mean that

It doesn't

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Thats not what I wrote ... dude

What you wrote : ''Sanderson > McAvoy'' doesn't mean ''I would not trade Sanderson for McAvoy''

It doesn't mean that

Just doesn't mean that

It doesn't

What part are you confused about?

I don’t think MacAvoy is much better than Sanderson at the moment, if at all, and is nowhere near the same value as an asset going forward in terms of trading D corps, or one for one in my opinion.

So yeah, Sanderson > MacAvoy.

So yeah, that’s what it means, pretty simple, thank you for the poem.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

I don’t think MacAvoy is much better than Sanderson at the moment, if at all, and is nowhere near the same value as an asset going forward in terms of trading D corps, or one for one in my opinion.

So yeah, that’s what it means, pretty simple, thank you for the poem.
There aren't many people on this board who have been as high on Sanderson for as long as I have been.

He is nowhere close to McAvoy right now. Not offensively, and especially not defensively.

I do think he will get there but its far from a lock.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
There aren't many people on this board who have been as high on Sanderson for as long as I have been.

He is nowhere close to McAvoy right now. Not offensively, and especially not defensively.

I do think he will get there but its far from a lock.
This board is filled with people who like Sanderson, many since the moment he was drafted. None of that carries any weight in terms of opinions, in my opinion.

I’m fine with you disagreeing with me, you just don’t like Sanderson as much for as long…. ;)

I wouldn’t trade Sanderson for MacAvoy, and don’t think there is a massive gap, and think he’s the better asset in a ‘trade one D corp for the other’ situation match up, especially for this squad.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
This board is filled with people who like Sanderson, many since the moment he was drafted. None of that carries any weight in terms of opinions, in my opinion.

I’m fine with you disagreeing with me, you just don’t like Sanderson as much for as long…. ;)

I wouldn’t trade Sanderson for MacAvoy, and don’t think there is a massive gap, and think he’s the better asset in a ‘trade one D corp for the other’ situation match up, especially for this squad.
In your opinion, opinions carry no weight. Got it

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
In your opinion, opinions carry no weight. Got it
Exactly, opinions are like assholes, and as a discussion board this is where they hang, floating, in weightless suspension.

I can both have an opinion, and know it means jack shit. It’s called being a sports fan lol!

Reactions: Loach

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

I also wouldn't trade Sanderson for McAvoy..... that's not the discussion though.

I was very high on Sanderson long before he was a Senator, long before he shot up in most rankings. Before too long post-draft, I had him above Stutzle (I have since gained a bit more appreciation for Stutzle's upside as a true star player). I would still wager that I am higher on him than most, and have kept tabs on him more than most.

McAvoy is a top 5 D in the league, arguably the best at ES. Sanderson is not close to that. His defensive play is amazing for his age, but still has plenty of room for improvement, as does his offence.

To me, this seems like little more than a case of you not appreciating McAvoy.

Reactions: Alex1234

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I also wouldn't trade Sanderson for McAvoy..... that's not the discussion though.

I was very high on Sanderson long before he was a Senator, long before he shot up in most rankings. Before too long post-draft, I had him above Stutzle (I have since gained a bit more appreciation for Stutzle's upside as a true star player). I would still wager that I am higher on him than most, and have kept tabs on him more than most.

McAvoy is a top 5 D in the league, arguably the best at ES. Sanderson is not close to that. His defensive play is amazing for his age, but still has plenty of room for improvement, as does his offence.

To me, this seems like little more than a case of you not appreciating McAvoy.
You’re probably right :)

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

So yeah, that’s what it means, pretty simple, thank you for the poem
Thats what is laughable about your opinion so... lol

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Reason I wouldn't trade Sanderson for McAvoy is because DJ will find a way to ruin him.

In all seriousness, McAvoy is a top 5 defender in the league, and probably the most all rounded defender. He's older than Sandy and is already in his prime, which wouldn't make sense for us, but he is BETTER than Sanderson is.

Sanderson might become as good as him, but I'd let him play a full season before comparing him to the current and proven ability of a top 5 defender.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Which one of those trades would you make?

Would you trade Sanderson for MacAvoy?

Would you trade Chabot for Lindholm?

Would you trade Zub for Carlo?

I wouldn’t make any of those trades, fine if you would, but to me it’s not an ‘lol’

Lol away dude, but would you trade Sanderson for him right now? 20 games into Sanderson’s career and it’s a hells no for me.
The question was about the D corps today not projecting forward. I’d strongly consider moving. Habit for Lindholm.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't want to trade Chabot, Sanderson nor Zub and want to add another top 4 RD to the roster. That could be a big physical defencively-oriented D or an offensively gifted D. Arguing about which team's D is better is not my thing.

I’ve been on this board for 17 years.
So, no insider info then. :)

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Sanderson's first 20 games in the NHL are better than McAvoy's first 20 IMO, but if Jake Sanderson EVER becomes what McAvoy was last year we should consider ourselves pretty lucky. I think he could be that good but it will take a significant amount of development in his game. I worry that that development is being jeopardized by our current coaching staff.

Reactions: Bileur

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
How washed up is Stralman at this point? Might be a waiver wire pickup to consider…

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Its amazing how no one in the media seems to care that he hasnt signed and we have heard nothing about him and now we are just a couple of days from the deadline
It seems to me that our hockey media guys/gals "report" on things but do not "investigate" things. They have space or time to fill in their media and take the easy way out. It's understandable given their dependence on the players, team and league for fodder and their owners for their paycheque which is advertising dependent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad