Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Is Hamonic particularly “hard” he consistently gets out wrestled by players and bullied in front of the net.
That’s not true but objectivity is not a real strength around here.

uhhhh our defensive game sucks. We are at the bottom of the league

it literally can't get much worse than this. Hamonic is a very replaceable piece as he is a bottom pairing guy
Yes our defensive game sucks. It’s a combination of coaching not adapting to the roster, forwards being young and dumb, D being soft.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Yes our defensive game sucks. It’s a combination of coaching not adapting to the roster, forwards being young and dumb, D being soft.

That's an interesting take. Can you provide concrete examples where this was the reason for the struggles? For example in the last game?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I don’t see him and particularly hard to play against. He’s a step too slow.

Maybe seeing past a players reputation is also not a real strength around here

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That's an interesting take. Can you provide concrete examples where this was the reason for the struggles? For example in the last game?
Lots of examples, losing battles more than half the time, terrible boxing out

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Yeah but Alledgedly a juggernaut in the corners and in front of our net so…

That juggernaut flew right by Vesey in front of the net on the first Rangers goal last night, allowing Vesey to easily put the puck in on the rebound.

He has no brain, same as our GM who willingly took him off of a Canucks team that was and still is desperate for a competent shutdown RD.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
That's from the latest 32 thoughts.

Also some interesting stuff from Frank Seravalli...

Vegas are identified as a team that might step up and take the risk...
Wow, it appears to be happening again. Another Dorion trade to make the Senators worse!

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
No. This goes back all the way to 2010. The Sens haven’t had a capable defensive group for more than a decade.
Underlying theme is the senators just suck at developing defensemen and it’s been like that for many many many years. Every now and then you get lucky and get handed a Karlsson/Chabot/Sanderson but nobody has benefited from going through the ‘system’ and turned into a solid defensive Defenceman

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
hmmm if Vegas picks up Formenton. Martinez is likely coming back for cap space purposes and hes been rumored to be on the block.

Would love Zach Whitecloud or Nick Hague instead though.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He absolutely has. He's not a good defenseman and he makes 3.25M in salary.

And I do suspect his acquisition played a role in the Sens not acquiring another defenseman this past off-season.
Hamonic is an adequate D. Should he be slotted down to the 3rd pair, of course but it’s not his fault we don’t have anyone better. His salary is not preventing us from acquiring a D. We only have 71.5 committed this year including Zaitsev and the rumoured budget was pegged at 74-76M. Hamonic is off the books at years end so it’s not like his salary impacts future years. We have been looking for a top 4 D which would slot Hamonic perfectly but Dorion couldn’t get it done.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I don’t see him and particularly hard to play against. He’s a step too slow.

Maybe seeing past a players reputation is also not a real strength around here

He's lost a step for sure. I also find he's WILLING to play hard but loses 50-50 battles more than he should and he seems to lose them decisively and spectacularly lately.

I thought Hamonic played well for us last year and at the start of this year but his game is circling the bowl lately. Hopefully it's just a slump.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's lost a step for sure. I also find he's WILLING to play hard but loses 50-50 battles more than he should and he seems to lose them decisively and spectacularly lately.

I thought Hamonic played well for us last year and at the start of this year but his game is circling the bowl lately. Hopefully it's just a slump.
Connor garland bullied him for a goal. Could have been considered a hate crime.

Like. He’s fine. I think under better coaching Hamonic wouldn’t look so bad. But to say his physicality is …important? To our…success? Or anything of the sort. Or we would miss it. Is going waaaaaayyyyy too far.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hamonic is an adequate D. Should he be slotted down to the 3rd pair, of course but it’s not his fault we don’t have anyone better. His salary is not preventing us from acquiring a D. We only have 71.5 committed this year including Zaitsev and the rumoured budget was pegged at 74-76M. Hamonic is off the books at years end so it’s not like his salary impacts future years. We have been looking for a top 4 D which would slot Hamonic perfectly but Dorion couldn’t get it done.
Hamonic was Dorion's top 4 D acquisition. His salary is too high for 3rd pair D.

Underlying theme is the senators just suck at developing defensemen and it’s been like that for many many many years. Every now and then you get lucky and get handed a Karlsson/Chabot/Sanderson but nobody has benefited from going through the ‘system’ and turned into a solid defensive Defenceman
We could have K'Andre Miller instead of Bernard-Docker and Tychonic.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The NHL said they are finished their investigation, but won’t release findings until after London Police are done.
I suspect the NHL is waiting to see what the London Police do in terms of laying charges before taking any public action or making statements.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Connor garland bullied him for a goal. Could have been considered a hate crime.

Like. He’s fine. I think under better coaching Hamonic wouldn’t look so bad. But to say his physicality is …important? To our…success? Or anything of the sort. Or we would miss it. Is going waaaaaayyyyy too far.
The Garland thing was comical. We only have 2 players on the back end who have even a semblance of physicality so removing one of them is irresponsible unless that physicality is replaced.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Symptoms of a GM problem!

No.

Seravalli says the Sens are asking for a 2nd. Zaitsev's negative value is probably closer to two 2nd rounders.
Question for certainty: Did Seravalli say the Senators are actually asking for a second round draft pick for Formenton, or he thinks they are?

Reactions: GCK

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
doesn't sound like they were negotiating at all, and just waiting.

This falls on Forms too. Guy should have just signed his QO. I can't imagine the KHL is that attractive right now.
Could be because the NHL have told the Senators to stand pat and do nothing.

Reactions: Samboni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad