Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
New thread continued from here

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'll be pleasantly surprised if Brady is not top 5 for us. If he's healthy and not top 5, we'll have a very good year
I think 4.5 is probably the over under for him. DeBrincat, Stützle and Batherson should finish ahead of him. Norris and Giroux could finish ahead of him, Chabot and maybe Pinto are dark horses to finish ahead of him (probably would mean Tkachuk misses some games).

I really don't think scoring will be a problem this year. We have the depth to deal with injuries up front, and a puck mover on all three D pairings if Brannstrom makes the top 6.

PK is a question mark though. Lots of turnover without clear replacements,

To bring it back to trade proposals, I'd like to add a physical RHD, not sure whose out there but a guy like Carlo would be ideal imo

Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
To bring it back to trade proposals, I'd like to add a physical RHD, not sure whose out there but a guy like Carlo would be ideal imo
If Boston starts to suck really bad early on, I'd love to try and pry Carlo off them but he's a valuable player at a fair contract. Would probably have to include a 1st rounder imo.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If Boston starts to suck really bad early on, I'd love to try and pry Carlo off them but he's a valuable player at a fair contract. Would probably have to include a 1st rounder imo.
I’m going on record right now that Boston is going to have a brutal season, not just a bad start but a terrible middle and finish.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016

With the "last dance" narrative that seems to be going on with them for this season I have a tough time seeing them being sellers (this season) even in a worst case Ontario rough start scenario.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
With the "last dance" narrative that seems to be going on with them for this season I have a tough time seeing them being sellers (this season) even in a worst case Ontario rough start scenario.

I'm not convinced they are going to be completely out, of it but there's a lot of factors that could let to their fall, injuries, new coach, aging etc. The biggest question I have is around Brad Marchand. He had major hip surgery following last season and while players like Pastrnak and Kucherov have come back and been effective Marchand is at a different stage of his career. It wasn't that long ago he has surgery for a sports hernia too. He's still going to be a good player but I don't know if he is going to be able to lead that team the way he has done in the past.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Even if they were to rebuild, I'd be surprised if they moved on from a top 4 RD that's 26 y.o. and signed ot a very reasonable contract for another 4 years. We'd have to offer up basically the ransom Arizona is asking for to give Bruins pause to consider it.

I wonder if their elder statesmen would be partial to being sold at the TDL. If so, they can retool pretty quickly from a handful of top 60 picks for Bergeon, Krejci, Hall. Easily three 1st round picks there from playoff contenders.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think 4.5 is probably the over under for him. DeBrincat, Stützle and Batherson should finish ahead of him. Norris and Giroux could finish ahead of him, Chabot and maybe Pinto are dark horses to finish ahead of him (probably would mean Tkachuk misses some games).

I really don't think scoring will be a problem this year. We have the depth to deal with injuries up front, and a puck mover on all three D pairings if Brannstrom makes the top 6.

PK is a question mark though. Lots of turnover without clear replacements,

Scott Mayfield RD is a 29 yr old UFA & could be available at the TDL depending on how the NY Islanders do this yr. He would certainly add that fear factor, he can play on the PK & is a decent 3rd pairing player. While they might not move Holden at the TDL it's almost certain that he won't be re-signed at his age. Hopefully, by this point next season PD has found a way to move Zaitsev to make roster & cap room.

Reactions: Alex1234

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
So what the hell is going with Formenton. I know there is a whole investigation but Batherson is on the team (I know he has a contract), but there has been no rumours about what the numbers both parties are looking for as in previous negotiations with other players. This one seems completely different. It’s like they know he won’t be able to play anyways, so no point to signing him. Do we even know if he’s skating?

Reactions: NB613

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I’m going on record right now that Boston is going to have a brutal season, not just a bad start but a terrible middle and finish.
I think Boston has the correct vet experience to keep everyone in check, but I don't think they'll have it in them to score enough when Marchand is injured. I don't think they'll be bottom of the Atlantic, but I think they'll be below us

Carlo is easily worth a 1st+Thomson/JBD.
If Boston takes a 1st rounder, Thomson/JBD and another piece like Boucher I'm all for it, but i'm always nervous trading with a divisional rival. Don't want to give them any piece that oculd burn us.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think Boston has the correct vet experience to keep everyone in check, but I don't think they'll have it in them to score enough when Marchand is injured. I don't think they'll be bottom of the Atlantic, but I think they'll be below us

If Boston takes a 1st rounder, Thomson/JBD and another piece like Boucher I'm all for it, but i'm always nervous trading with a divisional rival. Don't want to give them any piece that oculd burn us.
Doesn’t Carlo have concussion issues, or am I thinking of someone else.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So what the hell is going with Formenton. I know there is a whole investigation but Batherson is on the team (I know he has a contract), but there has been no rumours about what the numbers both parties are looking for as in previous negotiations with other players. This one seems completely different. It’s like they know he won’t be able to play anyways, so no point to signing him. Do we even know if he’s skating?
I think we can safely make an assumption about Formenton at this point. Let’s not derail the thread delving into it. No comments regarding contract talks from team, agent or media.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Anyone else think that Garrioch's comments at intermission came across as Dorion trying to send a message to Armstrong through the media?

Reactions: NB613

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Didn't see, what was the synopsis?
He said he doesn't think the senators are trading for Chychrun. Arizona won't budge on asking price. "But that could all change with a phone call."

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He said he doesn't think the senators are trading for Chychrun. Arizona won't budge on asking price. "But that could all change with a phone call."
I hope so

We need another stud guy on defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad