Kevin Stenlund

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tommy has been a lot better of late, didn't really notice him first few games but the 4th line is chewing up minutes, playing pretty well in all 3 zones and the offense is start to find some rhythm.

Been really happy with both Tommy Stenlund and Lorentz

Reactions: harv33173

elFefino SVOBODA

Sep 27, 2023
I generally agree, a bit of a slow start but I am overall quite happy with him for a 4th liner. I would always prefer have him lined up rather than Staal for example.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Is he playing 4th line center? Little confused at his stats here, he is third on the team/ ES goals, first on ES FO% with 58.4%
And what´s up with "Tommy" lol

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Stenlund has quietly been one of the best additions to this team. He uses his size really well in the corners and has surprisingly soft hands for a "rugged bottom-6" type player. I don't expect him to keep up his 20 goal pace (although he wouldn't be the first guy to "find himself" in this locker room) but he's been doing more than asked of him and excelling at each challenge.

He's 3rd on the team in Shorthanded ice-time per-game among forwards and he wins over 55% of his faceoffs. He is exactly the type of player I wanted Zito to this off-season.

Tommy is quickly becoming one of my favorite Panthers.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Stenlund has quietly been one of the best additions to this team. He uses his size really well in the corners and has surprisingly soft hands for a "rugged bottom-6" type player. I don't expect him to keep up his 20 goal pace (although he wouldn't be the first guy to "find himself" in this locker room) but he's been doing more than asked of him and excelling at each challenge.

He's 3rd on the team in Shorthanded ice-time per-game among forwards and he wins over 55% of his faceoffs. He is exactly the type of player I wanted Zito to this off-season.

Tommy is quickly becoming one of my favorite Panthers.
The only situation he seems uncomfortable in is when he has too much time and room to think - see Bedard's goal. When the action to perform is clear he executes on the spot which is exactly what you want from 3rd and 4th liners

Reactions: harv33173

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
The only situation he seems uncomfortable in is when he has too much time and room to think - see Bedard's goal. When the action to perform is clear he executes on the spot which is exactly what you want from 3rd and 4th liners
I’ll have to go back and look at it but was there an option for him to pass? Seemed he was by himself back there, was everyone changing? I could be remembering it wrong however.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz

Had plenty of time and space to make a play, turn into the corner or throw the puck behind the net. Clesrly his mistake, but not the end of the world. If Barky had made that mistake though, I'd be furious

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
1700688249934.png

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
How is his playoff performance? I saw he's the third line center now.
Does the increased TOI affect his play positively/negatively?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
How is his playoff performance? I saw he's the third line center now.
Does the increased TOI affect his play positively/negatively?
Third line now because Lundell moved up to take Bennett’s spot. He also played up the lineup earlier this season due to injuries. He takes a lot of weight off of Barkov with his solid PK work. The 4th line has been very good with him centering it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad