Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
No way in hell are we getting Norris, Formenton and Joseph for 9M. Norris is probably getting 7M, Formenton 3M and Joseph 2.5M. That's about 3.5M more than you've priced in, which is exactly Brown's salary.

If we're bringing Grioux in, we're likely moving Brown out.
Look up

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Giroux still 60/40 to Ottawa. I wonder if that’s why they are desperately trying to move Matt Murray as per Seravelli.
I’m just hoping we don’t fumble the ball in negotiations by refusing to include an NMC or something. We really don’t like giving those out whike top free agebrs always seem to get them.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Are you seriously worried about resigning Brady in 7 frigging years lmao.

Not at all - I assume the majority of our UFA’s won sign.

Holden was a UFA when they signed him for another yr, although he should be gone by this yr's deadline. Other guys they need to upgrade on are Zaitsev, Kelly, Brannstrom, Watson, Hamonic & Gambrell. Watson & Hamonic could also be gone by the TDL.
Ya - Holden is a good example of the type of UFA we can sign. Holden, Dadonov types.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Cash spend this year not cap hit. The Sens have generally structured deals to escalate.

Norris 7 years AAV of 7.5 could look like

22/23 4.5
23/24 5.5
24/25 7.5
25/26 8
26/27 8
27/28 9.5
28/29 9.5

I see what you’re saying now. I would be nervous about back loading every deal though. The 3 skaters that have signed to 3+ years all are heavier in the back half of their deals. Like chabot, brady and batherson are making in salary more than their cap hits from 23/24-26/27.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Ok, so what about the season after that? We can't backload forever. We'll have to pay Stutzle, plus have to deal with larger salaries from backloading. The budget is only going to get tighter and tighter.

It's unlikely we'll be able to keep Brown after the season, so we should move him now while he has value, we have needs (top 4 defenseman, sweeteners for dumping Murray/Zaitsev). If we bring Giroux in, we're way too deep up front, and too thin on D. Playing Joseph on the 4th line while we have Hamonic in our top 4 is silly.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Ehhh… when his contract expires and he is a UFA able to go ANNNYYWHERRRE.

Like the pressure Calgary is facing now with Matthew and JG… yes , I know Matthew is a year away from UFA.
When Brady's current contract expires he will have played 10 years for Ottawa at that point. I wouldn't blame him at all if he decides to move on, for a change of scenery if nothing else.

Oct 10, 2010
Who would everyone’s preference be on

Chychrun Weegar and Marino? Assuming they all have varying degrees of value

I was expecting we target Petry or Myers but it’s nice we’re looking at guys higher profile with a better age range
Chychrun
Weegar
Marino

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Who would everyone’s preference be on

Chychrun Weegar and Marino? Assuming they all have varying degrees of value

I was expecting we target Petry or Myers but it’s nice we’re looking at guys higher profile with a better age range
100% Marino. We need a RD and I wouldn't want to pay the premium for Chychrun to switch him to his offside.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Pls no Mackenzie. He’s asking for an 8 year deal and got eaten alive in the playoffs. Would much prefer Chychrun or Marino.

Oct 10, 2010
Any guess what the trade will be for Murray ? Wonder if we get back Holl ? Not sure that’s good enough in terms of an upgrade on RD.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
If the return doesn't include Holl/Kerfoot leafs nation is going to riot. Those guys have been in the Ryder/Halak seat way too long 😂

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

ventimochatrex

Feb 20, 2019
Pls no.

I can totally see it now... We finally make the playoff this season, meet Toronto in the first round, Murray stonewalls us, and the Leafs go on win the cup....
Yeah that’s not happening lol. Even more pressure in Toronto than here. I’d think he’d be on an even shorter leash there

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
The leaf fan tears in that twitter thread might be enough to sustain us well into next year

Reactions: BUCKLE UP

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Not liking the sounds of all the ‘failed’ trade attempts by Ottawa; we almost took on Kassian to get rid of MDZ according to Seravelli.

On the right side, the last time a failed trade was reported (Murray to BUF) we traded for Debrincat shortly after. Here’s hoping something good comes out…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia