Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If we are looking for a policeman/fighter/enforcer/shit disturber type of player, Borowiecki, Gudgranson and harper are not the ones I would choose. Josh Brown does not fit that role either as he is too passive. Reaves at $1.7-$2M fits my requirements for a year or two.
Watson has another yr on his contract same as Reeves, but I'm not sure the NYR would let him go. Lawson Crouse is another option, big guy good skater & has turned into a decent forward & might be available in Arz. I would be willing to move Brannstrom, White & Forsberg if that would be enough, maybe even a pick.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
With Calgary acquiring Toffoli, who's signed for 2 more years, and needing to re-sign Gaudreau and Tkachuk in the summer, Mangiapane is a guy I'd be looking to make a play for.

Either via offer sheet or trade.

He'd be a nice fit on the left side with Stützle. A shoot first guy who can keep up.

Reactions: Cosmix

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
With Calgary acquiring Toffoli, who's signed for 2 more years, and needing to re-sign Gaudreau and Tkachuk in the summer, Mangiapane is a guy I'd be looking to make a play for.

Either via offer sheet or trade.

He'd be a nice fit on the left side with Stützle. A shoot first guy who can keep up.
Lucic will be Long Term Injury Retired after he gets his 3m signing bonus

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Lucic will be Long Term Injury Retired after he gets his 3m signing bonus

Why would Lucic agree to that? He's not what he once was, but he's still a contributing player who's played in every game this season. He'll be able to get another contract after this one, so I'm not sure why he'd sit out a year/retire.

I'm sure Calgary will want to do what they can to keep Mangiapane (they'd certainly get rid of Lucic/Monahan if they could), but an offer sheet could force them into a tough decision.

Reactions: bert

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
What can we reasonably expect from trading the following players at the deadline?
  • Tierney - 4th and we probably need to retain
  • Sanford - 4th
  • J.Brown - 3rd
  • Forsberg - 3rd
  • Gambrell - 7th
  • Paul (like to keep him) - 2nd
  • Gaudette (like to keep him) 7th
  • Ennis -7th

• Sanford - 4th
  • J.Brown - 3rd
  • Forsberg - 3rd
  • Gambrell - 7th
  • Ennis -7th

Reactions: bert and SensFactor

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We are not getting a 3rd rounder for J. Brown or Forsberg.
Maybe a 5th for Forsberg and maybe a 6th for J. Brown.
The return for Gaudette could go up a bit if he keeps putting the puck in the net.
Everything else looks about right.
D always get more than we think. Are the analytics for Josh Brown that bad for a depth defenceman ? If you don’t get a 3rd for Forsberg you keep him.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
ya but why would buffalo do that
They’d get future assets for a guy that likley doesn’t fit their future plans. They’d have to eat 4.5M for 5 years after this one, which no team wants to do, obviously. But if they were I could definitely see a fit in Ottawa. Just an idea.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
They’d get future assets for a guy that likley doesn’t fit their future plans. They’d have to eat 4.5M for 5 years after this one, which no team wants to do, obviously. But if they were I could definitely see a fit in Ottawa. Just an idea.
doubt they would get enough back in a deal to be worth taking on that much money

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
doubt they would get enough back in a deal to be worth taking on that much money
I’d think he’d be more valuable than the Toffoli trade today, so a mid-late first, 2nd round pick/caliber prospect + another piece.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
  • Sanford - 4th
  • J.Brown - 3rd
  • Forsberg - 3rd
  • Gambrell - 7th
  • Ennis -7th
There is just no way a team trades an asset for Tierney if they are watching Ottawa consistently. He is out of the league after this year. Sanford and Paul are the only players with any real value. Forsberg for a 5th maybe... If a team is desperate like the sens were with needing Condon. Otherwise I agree most players have little to no value.

Reactions: Boud

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I think we would all sign up for that!

Why on earth would anyone think that was a possibility this season? Honestly if you thought that the sens were trading for Giroux this year then you really lack the ability to count or use deductive reasoning. I know it sounds harsh but come on. The price is going to be steep and the sens have no chance at the playoffs. Its such a basic concept it truly makes me question ones intelligence to think it would happen right now. If it did then Dorion is some how even more dumb than we thought.
Because if he goes to Colorado, he gonna resign here this summer with Kadri leaving

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
There is just no way a team trades an asset for Tierney if they are watching Ottawa consistently. He is out of the league after this year. Sanford and Paul are the only players with any real value. Forsberg for a 5th maybe... If a team is desperate like the sens were with needing Condon. Otherwise I agree most players have little to no value.

He'll still be in the league but it baffles that there would be interest in him for more than replacement level 13th forward type. As you say, if you've watched him play at any point during the last 2 years you know this guy has not played up to NHL standards. Horrible player, no intensity, not good on faceoffs, slow in a fast league, not particularly good defensively. Really a guy that has no qualities, definition of a vanilla player. Shot is an absolute muffin, can't slap it either. Always behind the play. Why is this guy still in the league? Would rather have Gambrell or Kelly or anyone who can skate over him.

There had been signs for a long time that he was useless and he's just confirmed the eye test with his performance in the last 2 years. This is what happens when you have a terrible team, some guys have to put up some points and play way more than they should. Tierney is the prime example of that. 1M player making 4M a year.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
One player shouldn't be in the league and one can be an impact player. Petry only has 1 more year... Zaitsev might have the worst contract in hockey. He literally drags everyone he plays with down.
Coach thinks he’s “elite” so…..

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I would go the free up cash route:

Trade Murray (now that we can maybe)
Re-sign Forsberg for 2 years
Buyout White
Sign Paul, Gaudette and Ennis

That frees up a lot of cash to re-sign Norris, Stu, Formenton, add a piece, etc.

EDIT: Also try to trade Zaitsev to a cheap/rebuilding team after his bonus is paid in the offseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: bacon25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad