Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
If you watch some of the top teams we are really missing more physical defense players. Our current crops and upcoming are not going to get it done.

Kelvin/ Grieg/ Boucher , other then that I see this as our weakness. Even though they lead league in hits. Is not like we are a really physically punishing team.

I think their does need to be balance between both of course. We could use some more skill but also some more physical players as well. We don't need pylons but maybe bigger players who finish their checks heavy. We don't need PD bargain bin veteran players but younger big mobile heavy checking players. That's what a 4th line should be or a 3rd pairing defense.

I don't want to be the next Toronto, Edmonton, Carolina who disappeared during physical playoff hockey!

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
If you watch some of the top teams we are really missing more physical defense players. Our current crops and upcoming are not going to get it done.

Kelvin/ Grieg/ Boucher , other then that I see this as our weakness. Even though they lead league in hits. Is not like we are a really physically punishing team.

I think their does need to be balance between both of course. We could use some more skill but also some more physical players as well. We don't need pylons but maybe bigger players who finish their checks heavy. We don't need PD bargain bin veteran players but younger big mobile heavy checking players. That's what a 4th line should be or a 3rd pairing defense.

I don't want to be the next Toronto, Edmonton, Carolina who disappeared during physical playoff hockey!
Our current roster doesn't have a lot of physical players but we do have a number of prospects who display a fair amount of physicality to their games. You mentioned Kleven, Greig and Boucher which are our 3 most physical prospects but then you could also include Sanderson, Roger, Romeo and to a lesser extent Thomson on defense. Up front you could include Pinto, Sokolov, Crookshank, Ostapchuk, Lattimer, Kastelic, Reinhardt, Kelly, Novak and Engstrand. Then on top of that we will likely draft a handful of physical players in this upcoming draft.

At least up front it seems like we have a fair amount of depth. We have a number of prospects that likely aren't that far off from being serviceable bottom sixers.

We could use a bit more size and physicality of defense though. We don't have as much depth and depending on how far Kleven is off it could be a good idea to add a d man who brings a lot of physicality for the interim.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Both of those attributes are necessary of course, but I'd put the emphasis on the skill part. Of course, maybe that's because I just watched the Avalanche vs. TBL match.

I think we need a good 2nd line RW and continued development from younger players like Norris, Stutzle, etc. to get into that upper echelon of teams.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I dont understand the physicality argument. That last lineup we deployed had lots of it. What was missing was key game breaking talent.

Tkachuk, Brown, Formenton, Paul, Watson, Gambrel, Sanford are enough grit upfront. Stutzle, Batherson and Norris also have a physical side. We need a gamebreaking talent who can also handle the physical play. Not a physical guy who has some skill.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I dont understand the physicality argument. That last lineup we deployed had lots of it. What was missing was key game breaking talent.

Tkachuk, Brown, Formenton, Paul, Watson, Gambrel, Sanford are enough grit upfront. Stutzle, Batherson and Norris also have a physical side. We need a gamebreaking talent who can also handle the physical play. Not a physical guy who has some skill.

i do feel our biggest need is a shooter and shoot first player who can unload on the goalie and allow Tkachuk and the gang to chase after rebounds. Dany Heatley / Kovulchuk type who can get heavy pucks on net

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
i do feel our biggest need is a shooter and shoot first player who can unload on the goalie and allow Tkachuk and the gang to chase after rebounds. Dany Heatley / Kovulchuk type who can get heavy pucks on net
Norris is that player on this team. He scores from the half wall, same as those guys and was pacing for 40 goals at 22 years old.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I dont think anyone young will be available at a price that we will be willing to pay

i wonder if we could get eberle or maybe expand the deal and get eberle and larsson

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Erik Brännström + Tyler Boucher + Colin White + Nikita Zaitsev (cap) + 2022 1st round pick (top 5-10) + 2022 2nd round pick x2

To Arizona for:

Jakub Chychrun + Clayton Keller

Tkachuk - Stützle - Keller
Greig - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - C. Brown
Paul - Kastelic - Watson/Sokolov

Chabot - Thomson
Chychrun - Zub
Sanderson - Holden
JBD

Murray
Gustavsson​

One can dream.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Can we trade Paul with the understanding that on July 1st we will sign him to a 3 year deal?
Gives him a shot at a cup now and gets that playoff experience and gives us some future assets.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Can we trade Paul with the understanding that on July 1st we will sign him to a 3 year deal?
Gives him a shot at a cup now and gets that playoff experience and gives us some future assets.

We could trade him and try to re-sign him in the offseason, but that always risks losing him to some stupid overpayment from a desperate team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Norris is that player on this team. He scores from the half wall, same as those guys and was pacing for 40 goals at 22 years old.
It’s not a crime to have two. Especially since it’s sorely lacking when it’s not a pp and the first unit isn’t on the ice.

Reactions: DrEasy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I don't really get this argument that this team lacks physicality or needs more. We lead the league in hits this year and lead the league in hits since 2015-2016 (approx. 500 games). We haven't fallen out of the top 3 at any point during that time. And that ignores a lot of the physicality that guys like Brady, Paul, even Sanford, Brown & Zaitsev bring, where they use their body to shield the puck, cycle, gain position, etc.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
We could trade him and try to re-sign him in the offseason, but that always risks losing him to some stupid overpayment from a desperate team.
He's a UFA. Thats always going to be a risk.

Another team could call his agent and be like "Hypothetically, if you had a client that plays up and down the line up, we would be interested in talking on July 1st. We are looking for someone for 5 years. Hypothetically."

Is that tampering? yes. Does that shit happen all the time? yes.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He's a UFA. Thats always going to be a risk.

Another team could call his agent and be like "Hypothetically, if you had a client that plays up and down the line up, we would be interested in talking on July 1st. We are looking for someone for 5 years. Hypothetically."

Is that tampering? yes. Does that shit happen all the time? yes.

I'm sure that does happen all the time, but there's a big difference between speculating what an offer could look like in free agency months down the road and an actual concrete offer.

Paul and his agent may have a pretty good indication that he could get something like 3x3 on July 1st, but it's not known for certain until that happens.

There's a reason the rental trade + off-season re-sign rarely happens. Don't think it's realistic.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It’s not a crime to have two. Especially since it’s sorely lacking when it’s not a pp and the first unit isn’t on the ice.
Ok well its going to come at the expense of one of the good players on the team. The 2nd pp hasnt had a real chance yet.

Its going to be alot better than what they are rolling out now when they get healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille