Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ok well its going to come at the expense of one of the good players on the team. The 2nd pp hasnt had a real chance yet.

Its going to be alot better than what they are rolling out now when they get healthy.
Everything has a price.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Potential roster next year assuming all RFAs signed, with Paul being the only UFA kept:

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-Stutzle-White*
Paul-Pinto-Brown
X-X-Watson

Chabot-Zaitsev**
Sanderson-Zub
Holden-Brannstrom

Murray
Gus Bus

*This is really White's opportunity to shine, this is the only fit for him in the organization and if he doesn't excel, then a buyout in 2023 is a possibility. I don't see him being bought out without being given the opportunity this summer. Nobody is immediately knocking on the door as a 2RW from the prospect cupboard, so he stays at least a season to prove himself/raise some trade value in a positive scenario.

**This contract is an albatross. Hopefully the find a way to ship out Zaitsev and his experience, with Thomson at the door steps and JBD not too far away.

Paul at $2.75M to $3M for 3-4 years without movement clause is achievable. Connor Brown extension next year would be tricky, and would depend on what kind of contracts Norris, Stutzle and Formenton get. If he wants to stay as part of this team expecting FYOUS when the players grow, then he would definitely be making less than Batherson (I still can't believe he is coming in at sub $5M for 6 years!!!). Brown is probably be offered a modest raise, somewhere along the lines of $4.5 M cap hit. In the open market, he can get $5M+ with some term as his impact his comparable to Zach Hyman's.

I think a Paul-Pinto-Brown line has the makings of a contender's 3rd line who come up big in the playoffs. All three players can play up and down the line-up, with Pinto bringing top-6 scoring potential in the line.

A 4th line of X-X-Watson won't cost much. So maybe a Pinto-Brown-Dick line is possible.

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Potential roster next year assuming all RFAs signed, with Paul being the only UFA kept:

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-Stutzle-White*
Paul-Pinto-Brown
X-X-Watson

Chabot-Zaitsev**
Sanderson-Zub
Holden-Brannstrom

Murray
Gus Bus

*This is really White's opportunity to shine, this is the only fit for him in the organization and if he doesn't excel, then a buyout in 2023 is a possibility. I don't see him being bought out without being given the opportunity this summer. Nobody is immediately knocking on the door as a 2RW from the prospect cupboard, so he stays at least a season to prove himself/raise some trade value in a positive scenario.

**This contract is an albatross. Hopefully the find a way to ship out Zaitsev and his experience, with Thomson at the door steps and JBD not too far away.

Paul at $2.75M to $3M for 3-4 years without movement clause is achievable. Connor Brown extension next year would be tricky, and would depend on what kind of contracts Norris, Stutzle and Formenton get. If he wants to stay as part of this team expecting FYOUS when the players grow, then he would definitely be making less than Batherson (I still can't believe he is coming in at sub $5M for 6 years!!!). Brown is probably be offered a modest raise, somewhere along the lines of $4.5 M cap hit. In the open market, he can get $5M+ with some term as his impact his comparable to Zach Hyman's.

I think a Paul-Pinto-Brown line has the makings of a contender's 3rd line who come up big in the playoffs. All three players can play up and down the line-up, with Pinto bringing top-6 scoring potential in the line.

A 4th line of X-X-Watson won't cost much. So maybe a Pinto-Brown-Dick line is possible.
The problem with your roster is the same as this year's, in that it lacks depth. A couple of injuries and we're again struggling.

The issue with waiting till 2023 to buy out White is that it won't be as advantageous (1/3 of his salary bought out instead of 2/3). So we should either buy him out this off-season, or not at all.

Reactions: Xspyrit

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The problem with your roster is the same as this year's, in that it lacks depth. A couple of injuries and we're again struggling.

The issue with waiting till 2023 to buy out White is that it won't be as advantageous (1/3 of his salary bought out instead of 2/3). So we should either buy him out this off-season, or not at all.

Exactly why White is kept as opposed to getting bought out. It's counter-intuitive, given the organization's lack of depth in centres beyond Norris, Pinto, and now Stutzle. A Pinto-Brown can also be elevated to scoring/top-6 lines, while Paul brings bottom-6 versatility as a winger or centre.

There is no immediate need to buy out White given our lack of depth at centre/RW in the prospect pipeline ready to graduate.

Also, I didn't make any assumptions, or fictitious trades/UFA signings. The rest of the roster spots would get filled via signings, trades, and prospect graduation. Depth should not be an issue. If Murray holds his form, I can see this team be around 96 points next year sniffing for a playoff spot.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Exactly why White is kept as opposed to getting bought out. It's counter-intuitive, given the organization's lack of depth in centres beyond Norris, Pinto, and now Stutzle. A Pinto-Brown can also be elevated to scoring/top-6 lines, while Paul brings bottom-6 versatility as a winger or centre.

There is no immediate need to buy out White given our lack of depth at centre/RW in the prospect pipeline ready to graduate.

Also, I didn't make any assumptions, or fictitious trades/UFA signings. The rest of the roster spots would get filled via signings, trades, and prospect graduation. Depth should not be an issue.

There is an immediate need to buyout White because after this summer we have to pay him 2/3 of his contract if bought out, instead of just 1/3.

Keeping White to pay him over 5M for the next 3 years to be a 3rd liner on this team would be incredibly wasteful.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
There is an immediate need to buyout White because after this summer we have to pay him 2/3 of his contract if bought out, instead of just 1/3.

Keeping White to pay him over 5M for the next 3 years to be a 3rd liner on this team would be incredibly wasteful.

Melnyk's money, not mine. Buying out means he pays to terminate the contract, you keep him because of lack of depth in C/RW. There is no immediate/imminent cap pressure to buy him out. Play him, increase his value, then trade him when he has less term.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

and that assuming he can hold a top 9 spot for 3 years … it only takes one of Greig, Soko, Jarventie, Boucher, UFA, or a trade to bump him out of the top 9… and Watson’s a better 4RW option… and Kestlic a better 4C option..

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Melnyk's money, not mine. Buying out means he pays to terminate the contract, you keep him because of lack of depth in C/RW. There is no immediate/imminent cap pressure to buy him out. Play him, increase his value, then trade him when he has less term.

Whether you like it or not, Melnyk's money is the Sens' money right now.

We have lots of depth at center.

Stutzle
Norris
Pinto
Gambrell
Kastelic/Kelly
+ Greig may be ready as soon as next season and Paul can play C in case of injuries.

There's no room for him at center going forward, and his value is highest playing that position.

He's the 3rd or 4th best RW on the team after Batherson, Brown and arguably Ennis.

Sokolov is coming through the pipeline too and could be ready for a spot as soon as next season.

A budget team can't pay a 3rd line RW over 5M a year. Need to cut him loose or Brown/Zub may get squeezed out.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Itd have to look something like this for Ottawa to even consider it I'd say.
Dumba+Fiala for Colin White+Nikita Zaitsev+OTT 2021 1st
Nice deal for Ottawa, but not sure Minnesota would like it.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Don’t the sens have a bunch of space? But yeah just a crazy thought, like last summer when guerin dropped the buyout bombs
If your GM was dumb enough and our GM was smart enough a Fiala + Sumba for our 1st + Colin White would be awesome. We could easily re trade Dumba somewhere and get back into the first round.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
If your GM was dumb enough and our GM was smart enough a Fiala + Sumba for our 1st + Colin White would be awesome. We could easily re trade Dumba somewhere and get back into the first round.
Thing is Wild prob wouldn’t want Whites contract back, not when we have Rossi/Gaudreau who could probably do a similar job. The probable piece leaving would be Fiala or Fiala+2nd or something.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Thing is Wild prob wouldn’t want Whites contract back, not when we have Rossi/Gaudreau who could probably do a similar job. The probable piece leaving would be Fiala or Fiala+2nd or something.
I used White because his buyout is 875K per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad