Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerica

May 29, 2010

Heh. Late first, B prospect and spare parts. Pretty standard package for a top-6 guy in his prime. Signed to a good deal at that.

Edit: For us it would be the equivalent to late first (assuming we had that), Jarventie, 5th in 2024 and Gambrell. I would easily do that for Toffoli on his current deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613 and Silencio

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Heh. Late first, B prospect and spare parts. Pretty standard package for a top-6 guy in his prime. Signed to a good deal at that.

Edit: For us it would be the equivalent to late first (assuming we had that), Jarventie, 5th in 2024 and Gambrell. I would easily do that for Toffoli on his current deal.

Yeah I think that's a good equivalent, though we might have had to pay a little extra for being in the same division as Montreal.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
JBD/Thomson + TB 2nd + OTT 4th 2023 + Sanford?

I wouldn't do that.
no I think JBD and Thomson are probably more valuable than a late first so I doubt it would involve a 2nd. Then maybe some b level prospects in there

The price is not high but maybe the habs rather have the 1st so they can be specific on who they pick

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Damn that sucks. Was hoping Toffoli would end up a Senator.

Price wasn't even that expensive. Late 1st + 2nd round prospect.

Reactions: NB613

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
What can we reasonably expect from trading the following players at the deadline?
  • Tierney
  • Sanford
  • J.Brown
  • Forsberg
  • Gambrell
  • Paul (like to keep him)
  • Gaudette (like to keep him)
  • Ennis

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
What can we reasonably expect from trading the following players at the deadline?
  • Tierney
  • Sanford
  • J.Brown
  • Forsberg
  • Gambrell
  • Ennis

Paul probably gets the most here maybe tierney with retention I am guessing max a 2nd for them. Everyone else 3rd and below

Reactions: SensFactor

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
  • Tierney
  • Sanford
  • J.Brown
  • Forsberg
  • Gambrell
  • Ennis

Paul should be a pretty safe bet to get a 2nd round pick.

Sanford probably gets a mid round pick just because NHL GMs are size queens.

Ennis probably gets a late round pick for the same reason, despite being way better.

No one should be interested in Tierney but I bet he gets a mid-late pick.

Doubt Gaudette, Brown and Forsberg are moved, but they would likely get late round picks if traded.

Reactions: SensFactor

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
  • Tierney
  • Sanford
  • J.Brown
  • Forsberg
  • Gambrell
  • Ennis

Tierney won't bring back much. This is his second consecutive sub-par season, and he doesn't really check a lot of boxes that playoff teams are looking for in depth centers. Not physical, doesn't win faceoffs, not known as a leader, not much offense. He doesn't even play the PK much anymore. Teams are going to want retention as well which typically doesn't fly with the Sens. He should bring back a late pick, but it wouldn't be a huge shock if he doesn't move.

Sanford probably goes for a 4th. He has size, he bangs, he's won a Cup and every now and then he goes absolutely wombo in a game. He's probably an upgrade on a few fourth lines, but nobody pays a big price for that.

Don't think Josh Brown moves. Doesn't have much of a reputation around the league, no playoff experience, and overall he's just not particularly good. However, to his credit he has played better in recent weeks. 7th rounder tops.

Forsberg is pretty good, but there's often little to no market for backup goalies. Hard to put a value on him.

Gambrell was acquired for a 7th after he cleared waivers. You might be able to recoup that pick if you're lucky, and Dorion should probably try as Kastelic is pretty much rendering him obsolete.

Paul would be highly sought after. Would likely return a 2nd, but I'm confident that he's re-signed.

Ennis probably won't move. Two years ago he was having a far better season than he is this year, and they could only land a 5th for him. These undersized depth scorers are never popular trade deadline targets.

Gaudette is a tough one too. Doesn't seem like a guy contenders would be interested in. At the same time, I'm not even sure where he fits in here on a healthy roster.

You didn't list him, but I think Mete will be waived at some point in hopes they can dump his contract.

Brannstrom needs watching.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I want no one else but Giroux.

He's the dream and actually wants to come here. Will cost zero assets too. Looks like a perennial contender will get him too, which bodes well because they won't be able to re-sign him.

Can't screw this one up, once in a decade like impactful signing coming up.

Reactions: Tremblay31

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Deslaurier ufa this summer. Would be a good fit. Yes or no
Yeah possibly. The Sens will still have a lot of young players on their team next season and they could be interested in adding an enforcer type. One thing that could influence that is what happens with Josh Brown. If they move on from him then there is a very good chance that they bring in another player for that role. Deslauriers would be a solid fit in that respect. I could also see the Sens interested in Zadorov or MacDermid. Bokondji Imama and Sam Morin will be Group 6 UFA's so the Sens could take a look at them on two way contracts. There is also the possibility they bring back a former Sens player to take on the role as Borowiecki, Gudbranson and Harpur are all UFAs as well.

Reactions: Loach

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Yeah possibly. The Sens will still have a lot of young players on their team next season and they could be interested in adding an enforcer type. One thing that could influence that is what happens with Josh Brown. If they move on from him then there is a very good chance that they bring in another player for that role. Deslauriers would be a solid fit in that respect. I could also see the Sens interested in Zadorov or MacDermid. Bokondji Imama and Sam Morin will be Group 6 UFA's so the Sens could take a look at them on two way contracts. There is also the possibility they bring back a former Sens player to take on the role as Borowiecki, Gudbranson and Harpur are all UFAs as well.
Deslauriers and Macdermid where the guys you told me about earlier in the year! Both! Get them both! One on the third, one on the fourth line. Channeling my inner Aragorn.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
Paul probably gets the most here maybe tierney with retention I am guessing max a 2nd for them. Everyone else 3rd and below

If Paul gets traded, I think we'd probably only be getting a 3rd and maybe a B/C level prospect. If he had some term left on his contract it would definitely be a 2nd, but I think what ever team acquires him would view it as a rental with him being a free agent at the end of the season.

Ideal situation would be flipping him for a 2nd/3rd and then re-sign him in the offseason. He gets to play some meaningful hockey and we get a pick. If we can get a 2nd that would be great though. Just don't see many teams offering one for a bottom six guy who's probably not going to be there long-term.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Stone going on LTIR. Vegas can now activate Eichel without making a trade.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

If we are looking for a policeman/fighter/enforcer/shit disturber type of player, Borowiecki, Gudbranson and Harper are not the ones I would choose. Josh Brown does not fit that role either as he is too passive. Reaves at $1.7-$2M fits my requirements for a year or two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad