Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Itd have to look something like this for Ottawa to even consider it I'd say.
Dumba+Fiala for Colin White+Nikita Zaitsev+OTT 2021 1st

Hi Minnesota fan coming in peace. Was just going to say as a contending team, they wouldn't move either players during the season, but during the off-season , one of Fiala or dumba will be moved. The player who will probably be moved during the offseason is fiala as dumba was named alternate captain at beginning of season, and our gm made it clear his intention to keep dumba.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Hi Minnesota fan coming in peace. Was just going to say as a contending team, they wouldn't move either players during the season, but during the off-season , one of Fiala or dumba will be moved. The player who will probably be moved during the offseason is fiala as dumba was named alternate captain at beginning of season, and our gm made it clear his intention to keep dumba.

Why is it necessary on this site for fans of other teams to always throw in "coming in peace"???

Reactions: aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Lol, the guy's been teaching 40 years at the faculty of Education in Alberta and has a doctorate. Goes to show Leaf fans are delirious no matter how educated, loool.

"Would the Senators go for the Maple Leafs’ second-round pick, Holl, and a decent prospect? Might the Senators’ troubles in goal be enough to convince Pierre Dorion to part with Zub if Joseph Woll were thrown into the conversation?"

lol, we have had among the best goaltending in the league since December 2nd, and that includes that 6-0 loss where the team was totally off after a long break.

And we have 2 of the best goalie prospects in the world in Gus and Sogaard.

Really, Zub for Holl + Woll + 2nd is absolutely what the Sens need to do!

Crazy that this proposal wasn't made by a new hockey fan still figuring it out

I was more loosly thinking Fiala + Dumba for Ottawa's 1st+. Depending where it ends up (at the draft).

If it's on the table, Ottawa should do this (assuming the + is reasonable)

We have to compete tomorrow, not in a few years, clock is already ticking on several contracts

Last edited:
Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
“Nor would Zub cost the team a first-round draft pick”

Yes, it would, to start. Keep adding.
If Zub was available, he’d be alongside Klingberg most highly sought after defender on the market. Whoever is this Leafs beat writer, they’re out to lunch

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Itd have to look something like this for Ottawa to even consider it I'd say.
Dumba+Fiala for Colin White+Nikita Zaitsev+OTT 2021 1st

I don't think Dorion could wrap his head around why this would be a good deal. He is more worried about his cap down the road and why he won't do this, he can get rid of Zaitsev and White without having to do this deal.

Dumba + Fiala don't fit into DJ's team or Dorion's budget long-term.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
A package built around Brannstrom, for Fiala, seems fairly predictable.
Would a Tierny & Brann for Fiala work for both sides. Tierny is a UFA at the end of the season & they wouldn't need to re-sign him. Ottawa on the other hand though would probably want an agreement that he wuld sin here before the deal is done. Not sure they they need Fiala though when healthy.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Would a Tierny & Brann for Fiala work for both sides. Tierny is a UFA at the end of the season & they wouldn't need to re-sign him. Ottawa on the other hand though would probably want an agreement that he wuld sin here before the deal is done. Not sure they they need Fiala though when healthy.

Respectfully, not really. Either players right now wouldn't play on our team. Minnesota is a contender, so a fiala trade wouldn't happen till offseason

Reactions: aragorn

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That has been Euge's model for several years and several trades....

I cracked a joke, directed at the sheer stupidity of the article on Zub.

I didn't think some people actually thought it was true

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
If Zub was available, he’d be alongside Klingberg most highly sought after defender on the market. Whoever is this Leafs beat writer, they’re out to lunch

We only exist to make the Leafs better.

In the minds of many Leaf fans, all NHL teams serve as feeder teams to make the glorious Leafs better ..... I swear ........

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A package built around Brannstrom, for Fiala, seems fairly predictable.
MN is loaded at with LHD prospects(Lambos, O'Rourke, Peart, Hunt, Warren), with smaller Dmen(Spurgeon, Addison), and have Brodin, Kulikov, Merrill signed for next year at moderate AAV's. Brannstrom is not really a need, even as an add on in trade, nvm a main piece.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
MN is loaded at with LHD prospects(Lambos, O'Rourke, Peart, Hunt, Warren), with smaller Dmen(Spurgeon, Addison), and have Brodin, Kulikov, Merrill signed for next year at moderate AAV's. Brannstrom is not really a need, even as an add on in trade, nvm a main piece.

Some people on this board are desperate to trade Brannstrom lol. Pretty obvious he's the last player Minny could use.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Agreed, I don't see the need to make a deal either when we already have C. Brown who shoots right & plays RW & is contributing offensively. The two teams may not be trade compatible in that they may not have assets that the other wants or are not prepared to give up what the other wants as well.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Someone like Jordan Eberle could be a good fit

2 years, higher cap hit vs salary, has been on pace to get over 48 points this season and the last 2. Seattle being so bad and the lack of a prospect pool should mean that we could get a deal done with picks

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I think we ideally want Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson to be our second line. Stutzle has the skill to be a 1st line centre, though this is more of a 1a/1b setup.

??? - Stutzle - ???

I feel Connor Brown fits there personally (as I've stated before).

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think we ideally want Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson to be our second line. Stutzle has the skill to be a 1st line centre, though this is more of a 1a/1b setup.

??? - Stutzle - ???

I feel Connor Brown fits there personally (as I've stated before).

The problem with Brown is he isn’t a finisher - someone with Jimmy’s play making skills needs a trigger on his line. Brown plays right wing which is the strong side for a left handed Center to pass the puck on his forehand … so we basically get Stutzle passing into a soft shot. Memories of Brown’s wet noodle from last year are flooding in … he’s improved that but I don’t think that the trigger we intimately want.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
The problem with Brown is he isn’t a finisher - someone with Jimmy’s play making skills needs a trigger on his line. Brown plays right wing which is the strong side for a left handed Center to pass the puck on his forehand … so we basically get Stutzle passing into a soft shot. Memories of Brown’s wet noodle from last year are flooding in … he’s improved that but I don’t think that the trigger we intimately want.

He was on pace for 30.75 goals last year. Brown has a deceptive shot IMO, it's very accurate and he can rifle it at times. It's true he isn't winning any hardest/fastest contests.

Brown could always play LW, but technically, we would want Stu passing to a lefty; same handedness conserves momentum for maximum shot velocity (one of the few things you learn listening to Bieksa).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA