Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I put debrinkat in my proposal based solely on his past chemistry with strome.
Did I check his totals before I suggested it?
No.

I guess I'll hang around another 15min for anyone else that's wants to pile on about what a bad proposal it was, because everybody gotta show us how knowledgeable they are.
I get it. It was a bad suggestion.
Move on

Shifting gears.

Assets

2022 2nd rounder
2022 2nd rounder
2023 1st
2024 1st

These are your magic beans.
Who would you target with these pieces?

And dont say debrinkat. Lol
Debrinkat

Reactions: senswon

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think we can suck someone in for the 2023 first. But I meeaaaaaaannnnn anyone wanna give that up lol ? Bedard mirchkov

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Under no circumstances should we move the 2023 1st. Anything after sure but we're a lotto team this year and are likely going to be one next year if not bottom 10 (unless we get substantial D help, and no Sanderson himself is not enough). Can't risk giving up a chance to get Bedard or Mitchkov

Reactions: Cosmix

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
First trade happens ASAP, the rest around the trade deadline & in the offseason. If any of Holden, J. Brown, Gambrell and Ennis have value, by all means, move them too.

1. Colin White (4.75M x 4 years - 20.5M) + Chris Tierney (3.5M x 1 year - UFA) to San Jose for *Evander Kane (7M x 4 years - 26M) + SJ’s 2023 2nd round pick

*Kane has to express his desire to come to Ottawa for a fresh start. In turn, it has to be made clear to him that if he f**ks up, it's his last chance in the NHL.
**Kane also has to commit to doing his best to be a positive influence in the locker room and in the community.

- SJ gets out of a bad contract & locker room situation. Instead of retaining half of Kane's salary and taking on a bad contract, they bring in White (who can be bought out for 1/3 of the cost if things don't work out in the Bay) & re-unite with Tierney who's a pending UFA. San Jose add a 2nd round pick in 2023.

- Ottawa acquires E. Kane in hopes that he has grown and learned.

2. Matt Murray @50% salary retained (3.125M x 3 years - 10.5M) to Colorado for COL’s 2024 4th round pick

- Colorado brings in a relatively cheap insurance policy in case Kuemper falters in the playoffs. Matt Murray has come in for the starter twice and won the Stanley Cup twice. If he works out in Denver, Sakic has a Stanley Cup winning 1B goalie on his hands for 3M.

- Ottawa gets out of what has proven to be a bad fit between goaltender and the mess of a team he’s playing in front of. Murray has shown that he can be a very good goalie at times, the issue is that there is no such a thing as ''a system'' in Ottawa to ensure consistency on the nights he doesn’t have ''it''.

3. 2022 TB 2nd round pick + conditional OTT 2023 3rd round pick to New York for Vitaly Kravtsov

*New York receives the 3rd round pick if Kravtsov scores more than 35 points in the NHL in 2022-2023.

- Straight forward deal. New York receives a 2nd + conditional 3rd if Kravtsov produces as a top 9 forward next season.

- Ottawa gets a potential top 9 forward.

4. Nikita Zaitsev (4.5M x 3 years )+ OTT’s 2023 2nd round pick to Arizona for future considerations

- Using the Shayne Gostisbehere model, Arizona takes on a decent, albeit overpaid defenseman in exchange for a 2nd round draft pick.

- Ottawa weaponizes their draft capital to acquire cap space and remain within Melnyk’s budget.

5. Ottawa drafts one of Wright/Savoie/Lambert/Kemell/Nemec/Cooley/Geekie/Miroshnichenko and lets whoever they select develop in their respective league in 2022-2023 (unless it’s Wright).

6. Ottawa signs Artem Minulin to Zub’s ELC out of the KHL.

7. Ottawa extends Josh Norris (6.5M x 8 years), Nick Paul (2.25M x 3 years), Alex Formenton (1.5M x 2 years), Erik Brännström (1.25M x 2 years).

8. Ottawa signs one of Holtby/M. Jones/Rittich to a cheap deal (±2.5M x 2 years) to back up Gustavsson while Sogaard gets one more season in the AHL.

2022-2023:

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
E. Kane - Stützle - Kravtsov
Formenton - Pinto - C. Brown
Sanford - Paul - Watson
Kelly

Chabot - Thomson
Sanderson - Zub
Brännström - Minulin
JBD, MDZ

Gustavsson
Holtby​

In the pipeline: Greig, Kleven, Boucher, Sokolov, Jarventie, Crookshank, Lodin, Kastelic, Ostapchuk, Latimer, Guenette, Aspirot, Sogaard, Leevi, Mandolese.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
First trade happens ASAP, the rest around the trade deadline & in the offseason. If any of Holden, J. Brown, Gambrell and Ennis have value, by all means, move them too.

1. Colin White (4.75M x 4 years - 20.5M) + Chris Tierney (3.5M x 1 year - UFA) to San Jose for *Evander Kane (7M x 4 years - 26M) + SJ’s 2023 2nd round pick

*Kane has to express his desire to come to Ottawa for a fresh start. In turn, it has to be made clear to him that if he f**ks up, it's his last chance in the NHL.
**Kane also has to commit to doing his best to be a positive influence in the locker room and in the community.

- SJ gets out of a bad contract & locker room situation. Instead of retaining half of Kane's salary and taking on a bad contract, they bring in White (who can be bought out for 1/3 of the cost if things don't work out in the Bay) & re-unite with Tierney who's a pending UFA. San Jose add a 2nd round pick in 2023.

2. Matt Murray @50% salary retained (3.125M x 3 years - 10.5M) to Colorado for COL’s 2024 4th round pick

- Colorado brings in a relatively cheap insurance policy in case Kuemper falters in the playoffs. Matt Murray has come in for the starter twice and won the Stanley Cup twice. If he works out in Denver, Sakic has a Stanley Cup winning 1B goalie on his hands for 3M.

- Ottawa gets out of what has proven to be a bad fit between goaltender and the mess of a team he’s playing in front of. Murray has shown that he can be a very good goalie at times, the issue is that there is no such a thing as ''a system'' in Ottawa to ensure consistency on the nights he doesn’t have ''it''.

3. 2022 TB 2nd round pick + conditional OTT 2023 3rd round pick to New York for Vitaly Kravtsov

*New York receives the 3rd round pick if Kravtsov scores more than 35 points in the NHL in 2022-2023.

- Straight forward deal. New York receives a 2nd + conditional 3rd if Kravtsov produces as a top 9 forward next season.

- Ottawa gets a potential top 9 forward.

4. Nikita Zaitsev (4.5M x 3 years )+ OTT’s 2023 2nd round pick to Arizona for future considerations

- Using the Shayne Gostisbehere model, Arizona takes on a decent, albeit overpaid defenseman in exchange for a 2nd round draft pick.

- Ottawa weaponizes their draft capital to acquire cap space and remain within Melnyk’s budget.

5. Ottawa drafts one of Wright/Savoie/Lambert/Kemell/Nemec/Cooley/Geekie/Miroshnichenko and lets whoever they select develop in their respective league in 2022-2023 (unless it’s Wright).

7. Ottawa extends Josh Norris (6.5M x 8 years), Nick Paul (2.25M x 3 years), Alex Formenton (1.5M x 2 years), Erik Brännström (1.25M x 2 years).

8. Ottawa signs one of Holtby/M. Jones/Rittich to a cheap deal (±2.5M x 2 years) to back up Gustavsson while Sogaard gets one more season in the AHL.

2022-2023:

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
E. Kane - Stützle - Kravtsov
Formenton - Pinto - C. Brown
Sanford - Paul - Watson
Kelly

Chabot - Thomson
Sanderson - Zub
Brännström - Minulin
JBD, MDZ

Gustavsson
Holtby​

In the pipeline: Greig, Kleven, Boucher, Sokolov, Jarventie, Crookshank, Lodin, Kastelic, Ostapchuk, Latimer, Guenette, Aspirot, Sogaard, Leevi, Mandolese.

Is Kane vaccinated?

Why are we trading White for a guy that SJ doesn’t want at all?

Reactions: Loach

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I could actually see us making a move for Horvat if he's available.

I also posted this in the Monahan thread:
Proposal:

Colin White for Sean Monahan

Justification:

With his injury this year, Ottawa unfortunately was unable to give C. White an opportunity to prove his value after an OK 2020-2021 season and seem destined to buy him out. His buyout would carry a caphit of $875k for the next two years, a $625k credit the third year, and then three more years at $875k.

Monahan's buyout, on the other hand, would cost $2.375m and then $2.0m.

Ottawa could use Monahan, warts and all, whereas Calgary gets to spread out approximately the same cost over 6yrs instead of 2yrs.

Thoughts?

Hey, if I know one thing about psychopaths it's that they are a total cinch to treat.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I could actually see us making a move for Horvat if he's available.

I also posted this in the Monahan thread:
Proposal:

Colin White for Sean Monahan

Justification:

With his injury this year, Ottawa unfortunately was unable to give C. White an opportunity to prove his value after an OK 2020-2021 season and seem destined to buy him out. His buyout would carry a caphit of $875k for the next two years, a $625k credit the third year, and then three more years at $875k.

Monahan's buyout, on the other hand, would cost $2.375m and then $2.0m.

Ottawa could use Monahan, warts and all, whereas Calgary gets to spread out approximately the same cost over 6yrs instead of 2yrs.

Thoughts?

A team will trade for Monahan and hope that he rebounds considering there's a lack of capable centers around he league. I could see many teams try to acquire him. The Flames should be able to recoup an asset for him and since they're competing it would need to be something that can help them.

Unfortunately I don't see them trading him for White as he doesn't really help them, has a longer contract, and I don't think they're even considering buying out Monahan, not even remotely.

Honestly I don't see 1 good reason for Calgary to do that deal. Maybe if they really like White but even then ... personally I would do that deal easily as a Sens fan.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Kane has been troublesome everywhere he has gone. It won't change if he is traded to Ottawa. No thanks. Send White and Tierney elsewhere for something of value.

Reactions: Bileur

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

1. I'd pass on Kane unless we get a very good sweetner (conditional 1st rounder). No point in risking a locker room issue.
2. If we move Murray, i'd rather not retain and have any dead cap space. If anything, see if there's a team that has any immediate goalie needs and is desperate and try to pawn of Murray that way and add a 3rd or 4th.
3. If we can do Tierney for Kravtsov straight up (warm body for NYR who could use some depth), go for that instead.
4. Zaitsev off this team is fine with me, but if we can swap him for Myers, I'd be down to take a gamble on getting a player who can provide some size. If he improves we win, if he doesn't, we don't have to worry about an increased salary cost and can always try flipping him as well.
5. Draft a centre, if not Wright it needs to be Savoie or Lambert. We need more centre talent in the pipeline if Norris can't play to his potential and if Stuetzle is moved back to wing.
6..Sign Minulin and anyone that Zub says is good.
7 Love the signings.
8. Re-sign Forsberg, but any one of those guys you mentioned are fine as well.

I'd add signing Giroux so hc can play out the same line as Stuetzle.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Can't imagine what Horvat would cost.

Just to spitball, I wonder if a package around Grieg, JBD, and a 2nd would be a starter?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
A downside of being a perennial bottom feeder is that potential acquisitions that make sense don't want to play for your team.

A competent GM would have made moves to try to strengthen the roster and try to improve on our 10th worst finish last season, but instead we got Holden, MDZ, Sanford and Ennis and are now on track for our 4th bottom 3 finish in the last 5 years.

Reactions: Cosmix and Boud

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sounds like a guy that would be absolutely thrilled to be traded to Ottawa.
Lol, yeah, I'd probably pass on him, it would be different if we were showing progress and maybe even in the playoff race, but until we show some actual results from this rebuild no player will likely give us the benefit of the doubt when they can take a wait and see approach.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Stay the course and don’t do anything too crazy.

Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux
Wright-Stutzle-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-Brown
Paul-Greig-Watson
Kelly/Crookshank

Chabot-Thomson
Sanderson-Zub
Braanstrom-Holden
JBD

Wright most likely goes back for his D+1 year and have one of Crookshank/Sokolov/Jarventie / UFA fight for that winger spot.

Bruce Boudreau as Head coach
Troy Mann promoted to Assistant/Associate
Marc Methot hired as one of the Defense development coaches that most teams already have.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
If only he had said “I want to start competing for wins” ... then I’d be hopeful.
Stay the course and don’t do anything too crazy.

Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux
Wright-Stutzle-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-Brown
Paul-Greig-Watson
Kelly/Crookshank

Chabot-Thomson
Sanderson-Zub
Braanstrom-Holden
JBD

Wright most likely goes back for his D+1 year and have one of Crookshank/Sokolov/Jarventie / UFA fight for that winger spot.

Bruce Boudreau as Head coach
Troy Mann promoted to Assistant/Associate
Marc Methot hired as one of the Defense development coaches that most teams already have.
It would be helpful to hire a well respected good coach and GM. That would send a signal around the league that things are different and are shaping up.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It would be helpful to hire a well respected good coach and GM. That would send a signal around the league that things are different and are shaping up.

Basically what happened with NYI. Team completely changed and brought some legitimacy to their entire operation. Menlyk could do that if he was a halfway respectable owner and if he was willing to invest even slightly into his management team but it won't happen. No one that respects himself in the sport would want to work directly under this clown.

We can see that these things matter around the league. Some players saying I signed here because of Yzerman, or I signed here because of Lamoriello, it definitely pays off for the organization when a respectable GM and/or coach is hired. It puts trust into the process. I'm not that worried about DJ. I would want to see what he can do if he had a GM who could actually ice a NHL team.

Last edited:
Reactions: branch and DrEasy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
A downside of being a perennial bottom feeder is that potential acquisitions that make sense don't want to play for your team.

A competent GM would have made moves to try to strengthen the roster and try to improve on our 10th worst finish last season, but instead we got Holden, MDZ, Sanford and Ennis and are now on track for our 4th bottom 3 finish in the last 5 years.
I mean eichel made perfect sense with the length of his contract

Reactions: Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I thought the rumour was that ownership did not want Eichel traded within the conference, much less the division.

I’m not sure we can really treat getting him as a missed option.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I thought the rumour was that ownership did not want Eichel traded within the conference, much less the division.

I’m not sure we can really treat getting him as a missed option.

Not to mention it’s entirely reasonable to not want to be the team who gambles assets to see if his surgery he chose can have good results for an NHL player.

Reactions: Ice-Tray
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad