Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
We are at a different part of the rebuild we should be actively adding good vets to the roster and good youth

I think brown fits with the team I also don’t think he will be overly expensive

also it’s common knowledge that the sens wanted to keep stone he is the one who left

We're not at a different point in the rebuild until the results dictate that we've progressed into a different point in the rebuild. As long as the team is at the bottom of the standings I don't think it makes sense to extend players like Connor Brown.

The guy is already making 4M salary, and I don't see him taking a paycut. This is his shot at securing the bag the way guys like Hyman and Coleman did. I'd prefer not to go down that avenue, but I'm risk averse when it comes to giving depth players in their 30's term and money.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We're not at a different point in the rebuild until the results dictate that we've progressed into a different point in the rebuild. As long as the team is at the bottom of the standings I don't think it makes sense to extend players like Connor Brown.

The guy is already making 4M salary, and I don't see him taking a paycut. This is his shot at securing the bag the way guys like Hyman and Coleman did. I'd prefer not to go down that avenue, but I'm risk averse when it comes to giving depth players in their 30's term and money.
You make progress if you keep good players

brown is a good player. Of course I wouldn’t overpay but we need more browns and depth….not less

Reactions: Cosmix and Alfie11

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
You make progress if you keep good players

brown is a good player. Of course I wouldn’t overpay but we need more browns and depth….not less

We have Connor Brown on the team now and we're still at the bottom of the standings consistently. Paying him more money for what should be less production isn't going to generate progress. All that does is leave you less money to potentially add players that could help you move ahead.

He is a good player, but I think he will have outlived his usefulness for the Senators by the time 2023 rolls around. Or at the very least outpriced himself.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Did you think a 29 year old Zachary Hyman would get 7 x 5.5 ?
Hyman is a superior player

if brown gets 7 years then let him walk obviously but if it’s a 4 year deal then keep him

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hyman is a superior player

if brown gets 7 years then let him walk obviously but if it’s a 4 year deal then keep him
How is Hyman the superior player ? They are about as equivalent as any 2 players in the NHL.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
As to Connor Brown, float his name on the market at the deadline. If someone stupid overpays sure trade him. Otherwise wait until the offseason and see what he wants as an extension. If he wants 5 million plus and or 4 years + you trade him real quick

Sensfourlife

Aug 22, 2020
This team needs to bring in 25-27 year old proven players.

It’s time to trade some prospects and picks.

otherwise this rebuild will go on forever.And
NO you don’t trade Brown you add to him to help out the young ones.

Be bold trade our first round pick and get a Hovart type player + for it.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I might not remember, but why didn't we claim Oliver Kylington off waivers in January?3

And on Connor Brown's topic, Sens need to ADD quality veterans like that, not subtract them

We had too many amazing dmen on our team at the time. Josh Brown, Braydon Coburn, Erik Gudbransson, Nikita Zaistev, Christian Wolanin. What are the chances that he would beat out any 1 of those dmen for a spot and be better then any of those dmen...

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I think some team will definitely pay Brown 5-6 years at $4 million plus the way Hyman got paid.

If Brown can be moved in a package for someooe younger and bonafide top 6 forward/top 4 defender, the Sens need to do it, and also retain salary if it helps get another asset.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think some team will definitely pay Brown 5-6 years at $4 million plus the way Hyman got paid.

If Brown can be moved in a package for someooe younger and bonafide top 6 forward/top 4 defender, the Sens need to do it, and also retain salary if it helps get another asset.
Lol, retaining salary.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I would do everything to keep Connor Brown. We need good experienced players. He does it all and is solid in the room too. You cannot win with all young guys in your lineup no matter how talented they are. You need a mix of young and old talent.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
A Bruins fan brought up this proposal on the main boards:

Jake Debrusk & 1st for Connor Brown.
I know Debrusk hasn’t been playing that well as of late but he could thrive in a new situation and could be a lateral move from Connor Brown.
There is some risk but a trade like that is what i’d be looking for if I was Dorian.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

I know Debrusk hasn’t been playing that well as of late but he could thrive in a new situation and could be a lateral move from Connor Brown.
There is some risk but a trade like that is what i’d be looking for if I was Dorian.
Bruins aren't exactly division contenders and their first round pick will be within the 16-20 range. DeBrusk can have a fresh start as well but we also have to remember, his salary this year is $4.8 million so his next contract will be similar to Brown's. I don't mind paying DeBrusk who's 25, but only if its choosing between him or Brown. He's also LW, which we're loaded on so I think in a trade like that we'd probably move DeBrusk as a third party team

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Gudbranson is succeeding in Calgary due to the role assigned to him by Sutter. Sutter's coaching has him getting the most out of the Flames just like he did for the Kings during their cup runs. I wonder if the Flames might consider some use for a guy like Josh Brown. Big defender that Sutter might be able to use in a specific role, and it might get us a late draft pick (and addition by subtraction by removing Brown). Would be a cheaper replacement for Gudbranson for next year (every penny saved helps since they have some big contracts coming up)

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Would suck to lose Connor but I think you have to pull that trigger.

Reactions: Cosmix

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Would suck to lose Connor but I think you have to pull that trigger.

No question. We can then flip DeBrusk for a 2nd or something too.

A 1st in the teens + some other assets in deep draft is excellent. All we need to discuss now is how Dorion will be smart enough to bring in someone using that money he just freed up. It's allllll contingent on Dorion's capability.

1st+2nd+Smith >>>> Connor Brown.

Which I have zero faith in, so we looking at Connor Brown staying on this team heading into next season.

Reactions: Bileur

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
This team doesn’t need more picks

they need quality guys in their prime

Eh, one more round of picks to seal the deal I’d say. Next summer it’s time to put together a squad that expects to push for a wildcard spot. We can trade picks from that draft if it gets us a piece going forward…. Like Toffoli?

Dare to Dream.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This team needs to bring in 25-27 year old proven players.

It’s time to trade some prospects and picks.

otherwise this rebuild will go on forever.And
NO you don’t trade Brown you add to him to help out the young ones.

Be bold trade our first round pick and get a Hovart type player + for it.
I don’t trust Dorion trading for older players. The rebuild won’t go on forever if he doesn’t it will just take longer. I would rather it just take longer than it be an unmitigated disaster

Emerica

May 29, 2010
That's primarily what he plays.
Thanks, saw him listed as a LW. I assume you’re a Wild fan? Any truth to the rumours of him being in the coaches doghouse? Any idea what he’d be looking at for his next contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad