Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We're not the only team struggling right now. Vancouver is looking to make moves as is arizona (barf).
There's gotta be a move to be made or a somebody in Europe who's avail.
If we dont make moves now, then when? Offseason? We're gonna go 4-62 -15?
Hows all that losing gonna serve Jimmy and Sanderson the savior?

We need to be looking for ways to bolster this club asap.
i agree we should be in on guys like Toffoli, JT Miller, Boeser if avaliable

Just just think Dorion is in love with his own prospects to give up what those team wants. The best time to make a deal was in the offseason when teams were trying to move money around.

tanking is a good option right now too though. Stay the course and let the ship sink. get Wright

Reactions: Bileur and senswon

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
i agree we should be in on guys like Toffoli, JT Miller, Boeser if avaliable

Just just think Dorion is in love with his own prospects to give up what those team wants. The best time to make a deal was in the offseason when teams were trying to move money around.

tanking is a good option right now too though. Stay the course and let the ship sink. get Wright

Kravtsov or kakko too. What's a couple 2nd rounders and a 2024 1st between friends

Reactions: HSF

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Kravtsov or kakko too. What's a couple 2nd rounders and a 2024 1st between friends

def Kravtsov would be a good move though i think now he can only play once the KHL season is up

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
def Kravtsov would be a good move though i think now he can only play once the KHL season is up
I am pretty sure this isn’t right, he is under NHL contract and is in the K on loan. NYR said that they would leave him there all season but I believe that is a decision rather than an obligation

Reactions: senswon

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Also Strome and debrinkat from Chicago would be choice to at least fill 2RW and center depth. They have shown chemistry in the past.
JT Miller and a Tyler Myers could help

Waiting till offseason tells the fans this is as good as its gonna get till next year. Not a winning mentality

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Also Strome and debrinkat from Chicago would be choice to at least fill 2RW and center depth. They have shown chemistry in the past.
JT Miller and a Tyler Myers could help

Waiting till offseason tells the fans this is as good as its gonna get till next year. Not a winning mentality

Debrincat would cost an absurd amount. Don’t see it getting done without Sanderson going back. Others are meh. I’d do Zaitsev for Myers but that’s about it

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Debrincat would cost an absurd amount. Don’t see it getting done without Sanderson going back. Others are meh. I’d do Zaitsev for Myers but that’s about it

2024 1st, 2022 2nd + Tierney for A. Debrinkat and Strome?
Both under 30, chemistry between these players. Could be a good fit and fills some needs.

Myers for Zaitsev (2 mill retained)
Play him with Sanderson when he arrives.
Jbd/lassie on 1st or 3rd pairing

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
That's not even remotely close to what it would cost for Debrincat

1st 2024, 2x 2022 2nds + Tierney for Strome and Debrinkat That's plenty

Point being we gotta give something up and if our rebuild is done, those picks can serve our goal of improving talent

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Even if its just a smaller move, I wonder if Dorion looked at Nicolas Aube-Kubel? He was claimed by the Avalanche from Philly of waivers.

Eugene was probably put off by the fact that his actual salary dollars is $150k higher than his $1.075 m AAV though :skeptic:

Last edited:

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
That’s not plenty whatsoever. That’s spare parts for a guy that averages over 35 goals a season.

Agree to disagree. We're a perennial last place team. That 2024 1st isn't spare change.

Something has to give, and we're spinning our wheels while these current rookies eventually age out.

If the rebuild is done you have to look at flipping these picks for help. Debrinkat or someone else

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Agree to disagree. We're a perennial last place team. That 2024 1st isn't spare change.
As trash as this team is, if we were to acquire DeBrincat along with a couple years of development for our prospects it’s possible we won’t be a basement team in 2024. That’s a laughable offer for Chicago.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
We have some good young players in the NHL, a plethora of picks and prospects…why isn’t Dorion moving any of them for good players? How does he expect this team to win with 0 depth and Connor Brown was the best vet?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
2024 1st, 2022 2nd + Tierney for A. Debrinkat and Strome?
Both under 30, chemistry between these players. Could be a good fit and fills some needs.

Myers for Zaitsev (2 mill retained)
Play him with Sanderson when he arrives.
Jbd/lassie on 1st or 3rd pairing
Hawks like debrincat. They’re not moving him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Something has to give, and we're spinning our wheels while these current rookies eventually age out.

If the rebuild is done you have to look at flipping these picks for help. Debrinkat or someone else
I know we are a shit team, I know things need to be done. The package you put together isn't even close to what Debrincat would cost.

That 2024 pick is 2.5 years from being made, possibly 6+ years from being in the NHL. It's not valuable among NHL teams right now, especially not for a guy who has 43 goals and 70 points in his past 71 games

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Point being we gotta give something up and if our rebuild is done, those picks can serve our goal of improving talent
Why would Chicago do that?!...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Let's assume we are going to make a move for a legit top 4D or a legit top 6 C that can help this team for a few years. Does anyone here trust Dorion to make that kind of deal. Identify the player. Package the assets to acquire him and make the move. We know he has it in him to do it .. see Duchene 1.0 - the few years part.

I have absolutely no faith in his decision making regarding the roster , nor his ability to evaluate the roster filled with his past decisions.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

And in your mind "something" is a 15 year old?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Debrincat is 23yrs old and essentially has two 40 goal seasons under his belt. Good all around player, too.

Unless you are comfortable moving Stutzle or Sanderson, there's no discussion to be had around Debrincat.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
I put debrinkat in my proposal based solely on his past chemistry with strome.
Did I check his totals before I suggested it?
No.

I guess I'll hang around another 15min for anyone else that's wants to pile on about what a bad proposal it was, because everybody gotta show us how knowledgeable they are.
I get it. It was a bad suggestion.
Move on

Shifting gears.

Assets

2022 2nd rounder
2022 2nd rounder
2023 1st
2024 1st

These are your magic beans.
Who would you target with these pieces?

And dont say debrinkat. Lol

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Let's assume we are going to make a move for a legit top 4D or a legit top 6 C that can help this team for a few years. Does anyone here trust Dorion to make that kind of deal. Identify the player. Package the assets to acquire him and make the move. We know he has it in him to do it .. see Duchene 1.0 - the few years part.

I have absolutely no faith in his decision making regarding the roster , nor his ability to evaluate the roster filled with his past decisions.

There's always a few in any fanbase that will trust and back management no matter what (google Milgram experiment). But, I suspect they are few in numbers.

I think that is why a lot of folks are resigned to letting this year play out and just tank. Its pretty much a full-out tank year at this point. Hopefully they will have good lottery luck this year and end up with the #1 or #2 pick.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I put debrinkat in my proposal based solely on his past chemistry with strome.
Did I check his totals before I suggested it?
No.

I guess I'll hang around another 15min for anyone else that's wants to pile on about what a bad proposal it was, because everybody gotta show us how knowledgeable they are.
I get it. It was a bad suggestion.
Move on

Shifting gears.

Assets

2022 2nd rounder
2022 2nd rounder
2023 1st
2024 1st

These are your magic beans.
Who would you target with these pieces?

And dont say debrinkat. Lol

I am doubtful he'd be available but I would give up a lot for Connor Murphy.

I just dont think we are gonna find that player we need in-season. Who is looking to get rid of actual good players, who play good systemic, structured hockey? I don't know if we need a young but talented forward who struggles to fit into their current teams concept, and DMen with term are either not available or not palatable.

Maybe Seattle is willing to part with one of their D, I dunno. Market seems really thin to me right now, which means prices are likely high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad