Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Thanks, saw him listed as a LW. I assume you’re a Wild fan? Any truth to the rumours of him being in the coaches doghouse? Any idea what he’d be looking at for his next contract?
Yes there's truth to the rumors, not sure of the extent though. He was pretty much benched in the third period Saturday, and taken off the PP entirely. Sunday it looked like he was basically benched for the third period again, until they pulled the goalie and he was on the second 6v5 unit, not the first. But then he scored the third goal, and assisted on the game tying goal, and suddenly all was forgiven. But some of his quotes and body language seem to indicate he's not happy with his treatment at the moment, and I can't blame him.

Not sure what he's looking for on his next contract, but I know he wants term. Russo speculated he was looking for like 8M, but I'm not sure that's accurate. I'm sure he was looking for somewhere in the low 7's after back to back seasons pacing for 67 points per 82 games with bottom six linemates. As it is, he's having a down year, and still on pace for 55 points, again with bottom six linemates. Can't really blame him for being frustrated at this point when it seems he can't do anything right in the eyes of the coaches or management, even though he's been our second best forward for going on three years now.

Reactions: Deku

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
A Bruins fan brought up this proposal on the main boards:

Jake Debrusk & 1st for Connor Brown.
I know Debrusk hasn’t been playing that well as of late but he could thrive in a new situation and could be a lateral move from Connor Brown.
There is some risk but a trade like that is what i’d be looking for if I was Dorian.

I'd do that. I'd also "offer" the Bruins full lottery protection on the 1st round pick in 2022. If not it gets bumped to 2023. I could see the Bruins pulling a San Jose and falling off a cliff in the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: Cosmix

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't know about his character off the ice but Fiala is exactly what we'd need on the ice

Stutzle - Pinto - Fiala
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - White - Brown
Crookshank - Paul - Watson
Kelly

Tierney, Sanford, Gambrell traded at the deadline if you can get a pick. If not, keep them as depht

We had too many amazing dmen on our team at the time. Josh Brown, Braydon Coburn, Erik Gudbransson, Nikita Zaistev, Christian Wolanin. What are the chances that he would beat out any 1 of those dmen for a spot and be better then any of those dmen...

How could you forget perenial all-star Mike Reilly?

I think some team will definitely pay Brown 5-6 years at $4 million plus the way Hyman got paid.

If Brown can be moved in a package for someooe younger and bonafide top 6 forward/top 4 defender, the Sens need to do it, and also retain salary if it helps get another asset.

Brown at 4 M$ would still be a major steal... He might give us a discount under 5.0 if he really wants to be "part of it" but I can't see him signing a penny under 5 M$ on the free agency market

I would do everything to keep Connor Brown. We need good experienced players. He does it all and is solid in the room too. You cannot win with all young guys in your lineup no matter how talented they are. You need a mix of young and old talent.

Exactly. If anything, we're struggling because we don't have nearly enough Connor Browns

People who want to trade Connor Brown for futures are stuck in the "we're going to rebuild forever" mentality they have modeled us into

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Eh, one more round of picks to seal the deal I’d say. Next summer it’s time to put together a squad that expects to push for a wildcard spot. We can trade picks from that draft if it gets us a piece going forward…. Like Toffoli?

Dare to Dream.
Anyone we pick outside of top 5 is probably 3-4 years from the nhl

we need players who can help now

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Anyone we pick outside of top 5 is probably 3-4 years from the nhl

we need players who can help now

Thats fine with me. We still need quality players to force their way into the line up down the road, like Spezza did back in the day.

Besides, we’re still a handful of years away from contending anyways.

Unless it’s a star player coming back we are no where close to being in a position to trade first rounders for players. We need to let the various kids develop so we know where the real holes are for a contending team.

My opinion anyways :)

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I don't know about his character off the ice but Fiala is exactly what we'd need on the ice

Stutzle - Pinto - Fiala
Kelly

Tierney, Sanford, Gambrell traded at the deadline if you can get a pick. If not, keep them as depht

Brown at 4 M$ would still be a major steal... He might give us a discount under 5.0 if he really wants to be "part of it" but I can't see him signing a penny under 5 M$ on the free agency market

Exactly. If anything, we're struggling because we don't have nearly enough Connor Browns

People who want to trade Connor Brown for futures are stuck in the "we're going to rebuild forever" mentality they have modeled us into

Dang I am doublin down

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Stutzle - Pinto - Fiala
Kelly

Brown is going to be 30 the year his new contract kicks in, with reduced icetime he will be putting up 30 points 2 years later. If he aint taking 3.5 he gone. They can't have third line contracts like that
They need someone to step up and be a top line player to get out of rebuild mode. They need that first pick bad. Or they need Brady to earn that cash, he is getting PPG money.
I would rather pay Brown than White but they are stuck with him

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
We have scout at the game between CBJ and Buff. Apparantely Columbus want to trade Domi. I hope our scout have not like his game . Not a player I want for this team

Reactions: aragorn

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
We have scout at the game between CBJ and Buff. Apparantely Columbus want to trade Domi. I hope our scout have not like his game . Not a player I want for this team

I'd be happy with Domi if he came cheap

Not ideal but with Pinto out long term he would help

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
A Bruins fan brought up this proposal on the main boards:

Jake Debrusk & 1st for Connor Brown.
I know Debrusk hasn’t been playing that well as of late but he could thrive in a new situation and could be a lateral move from Connor Brown.
There is some risk but a trade like that is what i’d be looking for if I was Dorian.
You tell your Boston buddies we don't make any trades unless they take one of our 4th rounders kind sir.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm curious what Dorion's mindset is.

He boasted that the tearing down phase of the rebuild is complete, and the team would be looking to start building. But since then, for various reasons, the team has completely shit the bed.

So, does he take advantage of teams struggling (Vancouver, Arizona, Montreal, etc) and try to get players, possibly on the cheap? Some teams, Vancouver especially, are going to be desperate and could make a bad move just for the sake of making a move.

Or, does Dorion essentially throw in the towel on the year, trade away players for picks at the deadline, and then next summer say, "I was off by a year. The building starts now."

I guess it comes down to what the owner is willing to spend, but Dorion always says that Eugene gives the green light on trades if it will help the team...

Ottawa is in desperate need of top 4 defence, and a top 2 centre. Is there a reason to wait until the summer if one is potentially available now? A reason other than wanting the Sens to draft top 5 again?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm curious what Dorion's mindset is.

He boasted that the tearing down phase of the rebuild is complete, and the team would be looking to start building. But since then, for various reasons, the team has completely shit the bed.

So, does he take advantage of teams struggling (Vancouver, Arizona, Montreal, etc) and try to get players, possibly on the cheap? Some teams, Vancouver especially, are going to be desperate and could make a bad move just for the sake of making a move.

Or, does Dorion essentially throw in the towel on the year, trade away players for picks at the deadline, and then next summer say, "I was off by a year. The building starts now."

I guess it comes down to what the owner is willing to spend, but Dorion always says that Eugene gives the green light on trades if it will help the team...

Ottawa is in desperate need of top 4 defence, and a top 2 centre. Is there a reason to wait until the summer if one is potentially available now? A reason other than wanting the Sens to draft top 5 again?

Very complimentary.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Brown is going to be 30 the year his new contract kicks in, with reduced icetime he will be putting up 30 points 2 years later. If he aint taking 3.5 he gone. They can't have third line contracts like that
They need someone to step up and be a top line player to get out of rebuild mode. They need that first pick bad. Or they need Brady to earn that cash, he is getting PPG money.
I would rather pay Brown than White but they are stuck with him
Dorion said rebuild is over
and we are entering a new phase

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Similar situation to Matthew Tkachuk.

7.5M qualifying offer and a year away from UFA.

We trade for him and he doesn't want to stay he just needs to accept his QO, spend a single year in Ottawa and then jump ship.

Don't think he's a realistic target.
Once again. They changed qualifying offers last CBA. The QO is now the AAV of the contract, not the salary of the final year.
Boesers QO is $5,875,000 not $7,500,000.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Once again. They changed qualifying offers last CBA. The QO is now the AAV of the contract, not the salary of the final year.
Boesers QO is $5,875,000 not $7,500,000.
It pertains to QO’s signed after the change doesn’t it?

Same as Matt Tkachuk, his is still 9 million, Boeser’s is still 7.5.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
It pertains to QO’s signed after the change doesn’t it?

Same as Matt Tkachuk, his is still 9 million

Although you can take a player to arbitration in lieu of a qualifying offer with, I believe, the minimum award being 85% of the qualifying offer.

assennayo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad