Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It will be difficult to move Zaitsev's contract with 2 yrs left on the term & the way he's playing, but much more likely next season leading up to the TDL. IMO Thomson looks NHL ready & should likely push Zaitsev down a pairing soon.

Reactions: DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
They gotta get Zaitsev outta here. His contract is the worst on the team and DJ loves him so he is going to block players from playing. I'd give up Tampas second for someone to take him.
I think Arizona might bite on Zaitsev + our 2nd

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think Arizona might bite on Zaitsev + our 2nd

Why would we do that? We’ve gone through 10-12 dman already… why give up a second to move a NHL dman ?

we could buy White out at no prospect cost.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So DJ is clearly behind trading for him. Then plays the player in all situations with the best players on the team no matter how poor his performance is what relationship would that suggest to you? He even said he is part of the teams leadership core. Simply put he really likes the player loves the player whatever word you want to use, its true. Zaitsev never gets benched or sat for the same mistakes other players make.
We got Brown as a sweetener for taking Zaitsev. DJ loves Brown. DJ started Zub with Chabot bumping down Zaitsev and healthy scratched him once this year. If DJ had a better option on the 2nd pair he would likely bump him to 3rd pair. I think we overstate the DJ love sometimes.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We got Brown as a sweetener for taking Zaitsev. DJ loves Brown. DJ started Zub with Chabot bumping down Zaitsev and healthy scratched him once this year. If DJ had a better option on the 2nd pair he would likely bump him to 3rd pair. I think we overstate the DJ love sometimes.
Thomson is a better option

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-xx
Brannstrom-Thomson

Next year… Still missing a 2nd pairing guy to go with Sanderson. I really hope it won’t be Zaitsev but the odds of that seem way too high

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
It will be difficult to move Zaitsev's contract with 2 yrs left on the term & the way he's playing, but much more likely next season leading up to the TDL. IMO Thomson looks NHL ready & should likely push Zaitsev down a pairing soon.

Thats why im pitching Myers, even if we have to add. Myers has about as bad of a contract as Zaistev and at least from what I have gathered from Canucks fans they want him gone. Same term. Myers makes two more million over the course of the deal vs Zaistev (last two years). Myers is taller and heavier so DJ would love him. Advance stats make him out to be a bit of an upgrade but at least for me personally im would be willing to take that risk because Zaistev is not cutting it at all. Sens actually end up saving on real dollars this year too. Vancouver dumps what they consider to be a bad contract for a slightly better/more manageable contract and get some flexibility due to the cap hell benning has put them in.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Thats why im pitching Myers, even if we have to add. Myers has about as bad of a contract as Zaistev and at least from what I have gathered from Canucks fans they want him gone. Same term. Myers makes two more million over the course of the deal vs Zaistev (last two years). Myers is taller and heavier so DJ would love him. Advance stats make him out to be a bit of an upgrade but at least for me personally im would be willing to take that risk because Zaistev is not cutting it at all. Sens actually end up saving on real dollars this year too. Vancouver dumps what they consider to be a bad contract for a slightly better/more manageable contract and get some flexibility due to the cap hell benning has put them in.

100% this. Zaitsev might be serviceable on the 3rd pairing but it doesn't look like DJ will stop overplaying him (and yes there are better options, heck Brannstrom on his actual trained side as RD is better). Based off that logic alone we should move him because we can't really suck any more. We're already almost last place defensively. Myers bring some size into the line up and both him and Zaitsev might excel from a change in scenery. Vancouver might make that deal to save some cash. He's an even better option since he doesn't have a signing bonus next year and could always be moved right before his signing bonus for his last year kicks in. Win-win hockey trade.

Reactions: Yak

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I would take Myers over Zaitsev!

Put him in a third pairing with Branny or Mete and maybe we have a 3rd pairing.

If anything his size alone would eliminate the liberties taken against Branny.

In regards to J.T. Miller well who knows if the rumors are true or is just a team looking to point fingers.He seems like a player I would be cool with based on his style and stats. He would be a good stop gap unless we extended him but that is a good gamble possibly.

Watching the Canucks tonight something is wrong really wrong with this team. I don't know and neither does Benning or Green. They need to kick the hornets nest and change Sh$t up. No need to burn it to the ground but that team seems likes is done with current regime.

Reactions: bicboi64

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Thomson is a better option

Thus far for sure, but I don't think many people were saying that before. Also priority should and will be Thomson's development. Its hard to send him back if he keeps playing like this, but I'd rather him be playing 24mins all situations in the A than 14-16mins up here.

Reactions: Yak

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Myers for Zaitsev seems like a decent change up trade for both teams.

I dont know if he's any better but Vancouver needs some sort of shake up too.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
The thing with Myers is the signing bonus hes owed. I think $5M this year and $5M in his last year.

I think Zaitsev for Poolman could be an option. He isn't owed any bonus money and hes owed the same total money as Z but goes on for 2 years longer.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Id honestly rather have Josh Brown on the third pairing than Zaitsev. He can play a role specific PK and enforcer/physical. Ideally neither play at all. If one of them has to play in the top 4 id prefer Zaitsev.

If healthy this is what the D core should look like.

Chabot Thomson
Brannstrom Zub
Holden JBD

We know that isnt happening, but that's the best 6 this team can put together.

What I expect to happen with a healthy lineup

Chabot Thomson
Holden Zub
MDZ/Mete/Zaitsev/Brown

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thus far for sure, but I don't think many people were saying that before. Also priority should and will be Thomson's development. Its hard to send him back if he keeps playing like this, but I'd rather him be playing 24mins all situations in the A than 14-16mins up here.
Who’s “many people”. Us? We weren’t at practices. The coaches were. So they should have been saying it before.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
We should start shopping Connor Brown.

We're going to suck this year. Solid player, but likely won't be around when we're ready to compete. And he'd have quite a bit of value around the league, IMO, especially with a manageable $3.6M cap hit.

The Canucks need a shakeup. Benning has come and said that the room is fragile and needs help. But they're limited in options. They're not trading Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat or Garland. They can't trade OEL. And nobody will take Myers, Pearson or Hamonic.

That leaves Miller and Boeser. Miller is playing better and is cheaper. They'd probably rather move Boeser.

And what would help here? A trigger man to play with Stützle.

Simple - Connor Brown for Brock Boeser, straight up. Canucks get more character, a top 6 player who can pot 20 goals, and add cap space. We get higher upside.

I'd also offer him to the Rangers, who need a versatile top 6 RWer, and try to get Chytil.

Reactions: NB613 and branch

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

We're going to suck this year. Solid player, but likely won't be around when we're ready to compete. And he'd have quite a bit of value around the league, IMO, especially with a manageable $3.6M cap hit.

The Canucks need a shakeup. Benning has come and said that the room is fragile and needs help. But they're limited in options. They're not trading Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat or Garland. They can't trade OEL. And nobody will take Myers, Pearson or Hamonic.

That leaves Miller and Boeser. Miller is playing better and is cheaper. They'd probably rather move Boeser.

Simple - Connor Brown for Brock Boeser, straight up. Canucks get more character, a top 6 player who can pot 20 goals, and add cap space. We get higher upside.

I'd also offer him to the Rangers, who need a versatile top 6 RWer, and try to get Chytil.
I like the idea of selling high on Brown and before he's just a deadline sell off.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Id honestly rather have Josh Brown on the third pairing than Zaitsev. He can play a role specific PK and enforcer/physical. Ideally neither play at all. If one of them has to play in the top 4 id prefer Zaitsev.

If healthy this is what the D core should look like.

Chabot Thomson
Brannstrom Zub
Holden JBD

We know that isnt happening, but that's the best 6 this team can put together.

What I expect to happen with a healthy lineup

Chabot Thomson
Holden Zub
MDZ/Mete/Zaitsev/Brown
Your top 6 is interesting but I think I’d load up Chabot Zub since it’s the best Chabot has played for a while. Id have Holden Thomson on the 2nd pair. Holden seems to be at his best insulating a youngster. My 3rd pairing would be Brannstrom Brown. Each has a specialty team role and their Even Strength ice time could be kept down.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Isn’t everybody bemoaning our lack of quality vets ?

Reactions: OD99

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Nah keep brown he is the type of player to keep the sens should be selling off good players

we have enough cap space t make some moves

Reactions: OD99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad