Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Are you guys team tank or team contend for playoff spot? It's still pretty early in the season. If we get a capable C (not bargain bin) maybe we can turn this season around.
it will be hard to get back in.

I am leaning towards tanking. Unless any moves are made to improve the roster this team aint making it

Reactions: SensFactor

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
to be fair, you worded your post in a confusing way. I understood it the same way L'Aveuglette did in that it seemed like you were saying the team should get a centre and a high end draft pick.

It really didn't read to me like the Sens should get a centre and keep their 1st round pick.

Yeah that's how it read so to call me stupid for misreading it was kinda lame.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Are you guys team tank or team contend for playoff spot? It's still pretty early in the season. If we get a capable C (not bargain bin) maybe we can turn this season around.
Giving up assets right now doesnt make sense. This team is clearly not a contender or playoff team. I thought they would be better than this but the D core is even worse than I thought and the injuries to Pinto and White make this a lost season combined with how terrible the D core is.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Giving up assets right now doesnt make sense. This team is clearly not a contender or playoff team. I thought they would be better than this but the D core is even worse than I thought and the injuries to Pinto and White make this a lost season combined with how terrible the D core is.

Agree.. no sense wasting assets .. Who wants Dorion identifying and pulling the trigger on a deal in a panic to bring in a player for picks and prospects at this stage.

Caveat: If they can move Zaitsev /MDZ/Mete/Brown without having to add too much that could be positive

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex1234

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

I'm somewhere in between. I hope the team comes back and improves their record after the covid break. I would be content with ~ .500 hockey for the rest of the year and we would probably still remain in the bottom 5 with that thanks to the poor start.

Reactions: SensFactor

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

I'm just team, 'get rid of the dead weight we have'. Guys like Zaitsev, JBrown, and Murray need to be moved. Get what you can for them, and try to have some competitive hockey with guys having to earn their ice time. Murray at first glance isn't as useless as JBrown and Zaitsev, but his role can be filled with someone like Forsberg.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I'm just team, 'get rid of the dead weight we have'. Guys like Zaitsev, JBrown, and Murray need to be moved. Get what you can for them, and try to have some competitive hockey with guys having to earn their ice time. Murray at first glance isn't as useless as JBrown and Zaitsev, but his role can be filled with someone like Forsberg.
Moving Zaitsev will like cost a 2nd and / or prospect.

Josh Brown will net us a 4th ish at the deadline.

No chance we will want to or can move Murray.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I'd rather not even bother if those are the options lol. Just give us the top 5 pick and don't do anything stupid at this point.

You know I like my little trades. I wouldnt give up anything beyond a warm body (Mete, J. Brown, MDZ, etc) but I think there is value for the rest of the team in adding someone who can play C at an NHL level. Just provides a bit of structure and lets guys worry about their own game.

Reactions: branch

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I have a feeling Boeser might come available but he will cost a really good asset and has a QO of 7.5M.
Yeah, Boeser is not a smart target for us at all imo.

I am semi-intruiged by something around Zaitsev for Myers. "Only" owed 13m over the next 3 seasons in real cash, so 500k less than Zaitsev while carrying a 6m cap, which is the only reason why I could see it being attractive to Vancouver (beyond shaking things up for the sake of it). Zaitsev is owed 2m x 2 in bonus money whereas Myers is owed 5m in the final year of his deal. Both guys have 3yrs remaining on their deals.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
It's sad that we are not even half way through November and the games have become meaningless, already

Pretty stocked about finishing the season with a 5 game win streak, and have a full summer of mocking every analyst who don't pick us to make the playoffs

Reactions: Skid

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
The organization would be set down the middle if Sillinger was selected in last year's draft to run with a core of Sillinger/Norris/Pinto moving forward. As things stand, we still badly need a difference maker at the center ice position.

Dorion should let things play out, grab the best center available at the top of the draft (Wright/Savoie/Lambert/Geekie/Cooley) and fill any roster hole in the offseason.

No in-season patch work to cheat the franchise out of a top pick while still remaining out of the playoff picture. Say something like this:

1. Draft a center, hopefully Wright.
2. Rights to Nick Paul + Erik Brännström + Colin White + pick to STL for Vladimir Tarasenko

Stützle - Wright - Tarasenko
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - C. Brown
Sanford - Gambrell - Watson
Kelly/Crookshank

Chabot - Thomson
Sanderson - Zub
Mete - JDB
Del Zotto/Zaitsev

Gustavsson
Murray
Sogaard​

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
JT Miller would be a stupendous add. We'd have to part with a solid prospect. Not sure which. Only has 2 years left which is something to be wary about. But don't be mistaken, JT Miller has elevated his game to new heights--and he's still only 28.

And yea, that Sillinger fumbled pick might haunt us for years and years. He's already CLB 1st line C and he could have much more points than 8 in 13. Was robbed few times last game.

Ugh...

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
JT Miller would be a stupendous add. We'd have to part with a solid prospect. Not sure which. Only has 2 years left which is something to be wary about. But don't be mistaken, JT Miller has elevated his game to new heights--and he's still only 28.

And yea, that Sillinger fumbled pick might haunt us for years and years. He's already CLB 1st line C and he could have much more points than 8 in 13. Was robbed few times last game.

Ugh...

I really like Sillinger also but he felt like a Norris and Pinto clone potentially. I would prefer a bigger 1C with higher upside.

Reactions: IlTerrifico

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Ugh...

horvat would be a great add too but the sens shouldnt be trading for anyone expensive that has only 2 years left, its a lose lose since we cant extend them

i pitched zaistev for myers earlier i really hope it happens just because it means no more zaistev

Reactions: bicboi64

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If you can find an NHL level center on the last year of his contract, who wants the increased ice time to boost his profile before UFA, and it only costs a 3rd rounder or later, I would make a small trade. Just to give the kids a legit C to play with. If we want to develop the kids, you need to provide them with a reasonably competent center who can at least do the basic job of the position. But the key is that it has to be a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad