Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
If you can find an NHL level center on the last year of his contract, who wants the increased ice time to boost his profile before UFA, and it only costs a 3rd rounder or later, I would make a small trade. Just to give the kids a legit C to play with. If we want to develop the kids, you need to provide them with a reasonably competent center who can at least do the basic job of the position. But the key is that it has to be a reasonable price.

Just sign Eric Staal for the rest of the year, IMO. Maybe with some extra rest he has one more kick at the can and we can dump him for something at the TDL.

Ursamajor25

Aug 1, 2020
The organization would be set down the middle if Sillinger was selected in last year's draft to run with a core of Sillinger/Norris/Pinto moving forward. As things stand, we still badly need a difference maker at the center ice position.

Dorion should let things play out, grab the best center available at the top of the draft (Wright/Savoie/Lambert/Geekie/Cooley) and fill any roster hole in the offseason.

No in-season patch work to cheat the franchise out of a top pick while still remaining out of the playoff picture. Say something like this:

1. Draft a center, hopefully Wright.
2. Rights to Nick Paul + Erik Brännström + Colin White + pick to STL for Vladimir Tarasenko

Stützle - Wright - Tarasenko
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - C. Brown
Sanford - Gambrell - Watson
Kelly/Crookshank

Chabot - Thomson
Sanderson - Zub
Mete - JDB
Del Zotto/Zaitsev

Gustavsson
Murray
Sogaard​

That's a lot to give up for Tarasenko, Ottawa should focus on a younger less injury prone player.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Three Potential Replacements in Case the Flyers’ Claude Giroux Decides to Play Elsewhere Next Season

I so hope their is some truth to these rumors. I can't see a 33-34 year old getting a huge contract from anyone regardless of how he does this season.
I would love to have a player like him mentor our team and take over 1C till we draft or acquire one.

Yes we could go for a cheaper version but that is unlikely to pan out.

I don't care about tampering but we need Sens mouth price BG to start more rumors and drop some early numbers contract numbers.

Reactions: Tremblay31

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Three Potential Replacements in Case the Flyers’ Claude Giroux Decides to Play Elsewhere Next Season

I so hope their is some truth to these rumors. I can't see a 33-34 year old getting a huge contract from anyone regardless of how he does this season.
I would love to have a player like him mentor our team and take over 1C till we draft or acquire one.

Yes we could go for a cheaper version but that is unlikely to pan out.

I don't care about tampering but we need Sens mouth price BG to start more rumors and drop some early numbers contract numbers.

Giroux hasn’t played C in years. He’s a winger now. Would be interested in him nonetheless

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Giroux, Palat, or Gaudreau would each be very helpful to Ottawa but I'd want Giroux the most. He'd prolly move to centre here given our lack of good C depth

Reactions: Tremblay31

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If the rumours are true that Miller is a locker room cancer then it is best to keep him far from the Sens.

It would require further investigation but I suspect there is always two sides to a story. It seems like he is the only one actually trying on the ice for them

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm just team, 'get rid of the dead weight we have'. Guys like Zaitsev, JBrown, and Murray need to be moved. Get what you can for them, and try to have some competitive hockey with guys having to earn their ice time. Murray at first glance isn't as useless as JBrown and Zaitsev, but his role can be filled with someone like Forsberg.
They gotta get Zaitsev outta here. His contract is the worst on the team and DJ loves him so he is going to block players from playing. I'd give up Tampas second for someone to take him.

Reactions: Neiler and cudi

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Just sign Eric Staal for the rest of the year, IMO. Maybe with some extra rest he has one more kick at the can and we can dump him for something at the TDL.

Staal will absolutley not sign with us. Might as well just trade for Victor Rask if we're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
They gotta get Zaitsev outta here. His contract is the worst on the team and DJ loves him so he is going to block players from playing. I'd give up Tampas second for someone to take him.

He does not “love” him, other than Zub that side of the ice is full of useless players

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He does not “love” him, other than Zub that side of the ice is full of useless players
So DJ is clearly behind trading for him. Then plays the player in all situations with the best players on the team no matter how poor his performance is what relationship would that suggest to you? He even said he is part of the teams leadership core. Simply put he really likes the player loves the player whatever word you want to use, its true. Zaitsev never gets benched or sat for the same mistakes other players make.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
So DJ is clearly behind trading for him. Then plays the player in all situations with the best players on the team no matter how poor his performance is what relationship would that suggest to you? He even said he is part of the teams leadership core. Simply put he really likes the player loves the player whatever word you want to use, its true. Zaitsev never gets benched or sat for the same mistakes other players make.

Eh, Zaitsev has been scratched this year despite being healthy enough to play and has played WAY less minutes than last year. I think DJ would love to have 3 RHD who are better than Zaitsev.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Staal's options are pretty limited at this point. I think he'd sign just about anywhere.

He is a player who our young Cs could absolutely learn from.

Supposedly he has no interest in playing in Canada. If we're the only team, maybe he considers us. I wouldn't be against it I just don't see it.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Giving up assets right now doesnt make sense. This team is clearly not a contender or playoff team. I thought they would be better than this but the D core is even worse than I thought and the injuries to Pinto and White make this a lost season combined with how terrible the D core is.

I hear you, truly. But imagine being in the dressing room, knowing that management is doing NOTHING to help you when you need them the most. With White and Pinto out long term, this team is vulnerable up the middle. They need help. I'm not too sure of the exact date, but insurance will be covering 80% of White's salary shortly and the Pierres should be looking for an option to help them in the short and long term (see Kyle Turris type trade). Easier said than done, but we have the assets to entice someone hopefully. It's a tough spot the team is in though because the season is pretty much lost already, but they also have to consider team and winning culture.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So recent controllable center acquisitions

1. Dubois for a recent 3OA player
2. Dvorak for a 1RD and a 3RD pick

That's the market ... it sucks. What we need costs an unprotected 2022, Sanderson, or Stutzle and what we don't need costs a Greig/Boucher type player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Eh, Zaitsev has been scratched this year despite being healthy enough to play and has played WAY less minutes than last year. I think DJ would love to have 3 RHD who are better than Zaitsev.
Only game he missed he was injured.

I am not really sure what the point of this post is do you debate the team shouldn't be trying to get rid of him and his salary?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Only game he missed he was injured.

I am not really sure what the point of this post is do you debate the team shouldn't be trying to get rid of him and his salary?
He was "banged up"... but Garrioch later referred to it as a healthy scratch. Hard to tell what exactly was going on there but DJ did say he wasnt playing well.

All I'm saying is I don't think DJ is enthralled with Zaitsev or blind to his struggles. I would absolutely be looking to move him.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He was "banged up"... but Garrioch later referred to it as a healthy scratch. Hard to tell what exactly was going on there but DJ did say he wasnt playing well.

All I'm saying is I don't think DJ is enthralled with Zaitsev or blind to his struggles. I would absolutely be looking to move him.

“Banged up” is coach speak for healthy scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad