Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I don't think they need Gustavsson.

Shestyorkin is a young future Vezina winner and their recently selected goalies Garand, Huska, Boyko and Ollas are all putting up good numbers.

A swap that could make sense is something around Forsberg+ for Georgiev. They get the better goalie for this season and some insurance if Shestyorkin goes down, we get a younger goalie who sucks this year but put up good NHL numbers in his previous 4 seasons.

Geo is definitely available from NYR. This deal would definitely make sense, I like it.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I don't think they need Gustavsson.

Shestyorkin is a young future Vezina winner and their recently selected goalies Garand, Huska, Boyko and Ollas are all putting up good numbers.

A swap that could make sense is something around Forsberg+ for Georgiev. They get the better goalie for this season and some insurance if Shestyorkin goes down, we get a younger goalie who sucks this year but put up good NHL numbers in his previous 4 seasons.
Lol, I just posted this same thought in the Forsberg thread. Must be a good idea.

Reactions: bicboi64

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
What was wrong with Ni

What was wrong with Nilsson? I thought he was great for us when healthy. If he stayed healthy we likely would have avoided making a number of mistakes that we did...

Nothing wrong with the contract for Nilsson just unfortunate injuries which wastes time and assets finding a replacement.

I just meant I’d be fine with signing Forsberg to Hammond’s AAV of 1.5 but wouldn’t want to sign Forsberg to Nilsson’s AAV of 2.6 or Condon’s AAV of 2.4.

Last edited:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
As much as I am fine with moving Paul for an asset, I'd rather they just get a pick they can develop instead of Kravtsov. Kratvtsov could not make a NYR team that isn't exactly super deep on its forward core. Not being willing to put in the work in NA and jumping back overseas is a bit of a red flag.

If we can get a 2nd that we develop ourselves or use in another trade, I'd prefer that.

Reactions: Bevans

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ott: Cam Atkinson
Phi: Colin White, 2nd round pick

Not a typical Sens player but a solid player despite his size and can hold onto the puck for Stutzle which is good. You like Stutzle on the wing because he thinks score more, when he plays C he floats more with the puck and dangles a bit to much. Atkinson can make plays and hold and carry the puck so Jimmy plays more to get into shooting positions and more of a shooters mentality

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Slafkosvky/Wright - Stutzle - Atkinson
Formenton - Pinto - C. Brown
Paul - Greig - Watson

Last edited:

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Ott: Cam Atkinson
Phi: Colin White, 2nd round pick

Not a typical Sens player but a solid player despite his size and can hold onto the puck for Stutzle which is good. You like Stutzle on the wing because he thinks score more, when he plays C he floats more with the puck and dangles a bit to much. Atkinson can make plays and hold and carry the puck so Jimmy plays more to get into shooting positions and more of a shooters mentality

Slafkosvky/Wright - Stutzle - Atkinson
Formenton - Pinto - C. Brown
Paul - Greig - Watson

Seems like a lose-lose trade.

I think Philly would probably be better served retaining 50% of Atkinson and selling him to a contender.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If Paul is leaving I’d like a deal for him around Kravtsov. Would be benefit both teams
Very different roles, we'd have to replace Paul's defensive assignments and PK mins internally, and we're betting on Kravtsov living up to his potential as a top 6 guy without the benefit of some AHL time.

It's too bad White and Pinto were hurt for soon long, we'd have a better idea what roles we can expect them to fill had the been healthy all year. Can either of them pick up Paul's PK time or matchups? Hard to say and we might not know till after the deadline.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Very different roles, we'd have to replace Paul's defensive assignments and PK mins internally, and we're betting on Kravtsov living up to his potential as a top 6 guy without the benefit of some AHL time.

It's too bad White and Pinto were hurt for soon long, we'd have a better idea what roles we can expect them to fill had the been healthy all year. Can either of them pick up Paul's PK time or matchups? Hard to say and we might not know till after the deadline.
I think given time Pinto can replace Paul on the PK. He's a very smart hockey player.

Reactions: Boud

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think given time Pinto can replace Paul on the PK. He's a very smart hockey player.
Oh, I agree, but how long are we talking. Someone needs to fill it next season if we trade Paul.

Perhaps that means bumping Brown and Formenton to the first PK unit, and running some combo of Pinto, Watson, Gambrell, Kelly, maybe White ect as the second unit. I think we take a hit losing Paul, and whatever we do we need to ensure the personnel is there for the roles both short and long term.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Oh, I agree, but how long are we talking. Someone needs to fill it next season if we trade Paul.

Perhaps that means bumping Brown and Formenton to the first PK unit, and running some combo of Pinto, Watson, Gambrell, Kelly, maybe White ect as the second unit. I think we take a hit losing Paul, and whatever we do we need to ensure the personnel is there for the roles both short and long term.

As much as I understand your point, If the only reason we're worried about letting go of Paul would be the PK then we shouldn't worry too much about it. We have guys that will be able to replace Paul, like you say C.Brown and Formenton are already PKers, then Pinto has always been a mainstay on the PK. Kastelic is another good PKer if he makes it here. White could put in some time. Kelly has been a PKer as well. If all we need is a 2nd unit PK guy then that shouldn't cause that much problems.

We need to focus on being a good team 5 on 5. When we'll have good 5 on 5 play, and especially good defense, then the last things we should focus on are PP and PK. Our PP looks better this season when we're healthy. PK is probably my last worry. Sanderson should be a welcome addition there with gap control and active stick being his best assets. The rest(everything other than the PK) is more concerning IMO. I like Paul but keeping him around needs to make sense for money. If we can trade him for a player that will allow us to have stronger 5 on 5 play and someone that will or may potentially drive offense for us I would not complain personally.

Paul is a 25 point player that's overused here because we have no depth. Realistically he's an excellent 4rth liner that PKs and can play 3rd line if you need it. He should never play top 6 and should not get paid more than 2.5M a year on this team. If we can lock him up for 2.5 or less then I do that but anything over is a lot for him IMO.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I don’t think that hurts the PK in the least.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
As much as I understand your point, If the only reason we're worried about letting go of Paul would be the PK then we shouldn't worry too much about it. We have guys that will be able to replace Paul, like you say C.Brown and Formenton are already PKers, then Pinto has always been a mainstay on the PK. Kastelic is another good PKer if he makes it here. White could put in some time. Kelly has been a PKer as well. If all we need is a 2nd unit PK guy then that shouldn't cause that much problems.

We need to focus on being a good team 5 on 5. When we'll have good 5 on 5 play, and especially good defense, then the last things we should focus on are PP and PK. Our PP looks better this season when we're healthy. PK is probably my last worry. Sanderson should be a welcome addition there with gap control and active stick being his best assets. The rest(everything other than the PK) is more concerning IMO. I like Paul but keeping him around needs to make sense for money. If we can trade him for a player that will allow us to have stronger 5 on 5 play and someone that will or may potentially drive offense for us I would not complain personally.

Paul is a 25 point player that's overused here because we have no depth. Realistically he's an excellent 4rth liner that PKs and can play 3rd line if you need it. He should never play top 6 and should not get paid more than 2.5M a year on this team. If we can lock him up for 2.5 or less then I do that but anything over is a lot for him IMO.
My concern is filling his overall role, not just on the PK, he's also relied on for matchups which Kravtsov clearly isn't suited for.

I am not saying we can't afford to lose Paul, quite the contrary, I feel like we will probably be better off trading him unless he takes a team friendly deal, I just feel we need to build a group of players that best meet the required roles a coach will want players to fill, not just the best players we can get in a vacuum.

Replacing Paul's role might mean getting some specialized role players for the 4th line rather than having our 3rd line guys fill those roles.

If we go out and trade for Kravtsov and sign Kuzmenko, that's two guys that really don't do defense, at least not yet, there's only so much room on a roster for guys like that.

We just need to be aware of the hole we create and make sure we can address it. That's all. PK will probably suffer next year unless we get some outside help, then again maybe that's offset by improving the D with Sanderson and perhaps JBD and Thomson coming.

Reactions: Boud

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don’t think that hurts the PK in the least.
I think Paul is a better penalty killer than any other forward on the team with the exception of Brown. Formenton might get there too.

If we end up relying on skilled guys to kill penalties more, that takes away from their availability elsewhere, I want Brown and Formenton to have the energy needed to produce at 5V5, relying on them more on the PK could hurt matters.

It's not a huge deal, just something to keep in mind

Reactions: Cosmix and NB613

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If Paul is leaving I’d like a deal for him around Kravtsov. Would be benefit both teams

Bruins fan come in peace

What about this trade idea

To Sens: Debrusk, Zboril, Senyshyn and 3rd
To Bruins: Paul, Sanford and 4th

Mutually beneficial for both teams?

Sens get a fast goal scoring winger in Debrusk. Zboril tore an acl or mcl earlier this season. But should recover. Knows Chabot from minor league hockey days. Sensyhyn is a local boy. Needs a fresh start.

Bruins get local boy Sanford. Paul reminds me of Charlie Coyle. Versatile/jack of all trades. Both are UFAs after this season. So Bruins would need to assume the risk

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Bruins fan come in peace

What about this trade idea

To Sens: Debrusk, Zboril, Senyshyn and 3rd
To Bruins: Paul, Sanford and 4th

Mutually beneficial for both teams?

Sens get a fast goal scoring winger in Debrusk. Zboril tore an acl or mcl earlier this season. But should recover. Knows Chabot from minor league hockey days. Sensyhyn is a local boy. Needs a fresh start.

Bruins get local boy Sanford. Paul reminds me of Charlie Coyle. Versatile/jack of all trades. Both are UFAs after this season. So Bruins would need to assume the risk

Value-wise I'd do it, but the positions don't really work out. LW and LD are our deepest positions so Zboril and DeBrusk would be awkward fits with our lineup moving forward.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Value-wise I'd do it, but the positions don't really work out. LW and LD are our deepest positions so Zboril and DeBrusk would be awkward fits with our lineup moving forward.

The three Z defence:

DeBrusk - Stutzle - C. Brown
Formenton - Pinto - Senyshyn
Kelly - White - Watson

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Zaitsev
Holden - Zboril/Brann

Reactions: rocketdan9

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I gotta tell you that I'd prefer one less Z in that scenario. Can you guess which one?
haha ... I'm also not sure if it improves the team as a whole, Senyshyn at 24 yrs old has 16 goals & 28 pts in the AHL maybe he gives us that 3rd line RW they need if Brown is the 2nd RW. There are two Zs I think they might not need & could upgrade on even internally. I like DeBrusk & think he could add some toughness to Stutzle's line although he is hot & cold & I wonder about Senyshyn & whether he would be worth taking a chance on, it's interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad