Del Zotto may be worth a mid-late round pick, but probably with retention
Gambrell probably isn't worth anything, maybe a 7th
Gaudette isn't a playoff player, probably worth nothing
Mete?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I'd be surprised if a team was interested.

I think a lot of the league is convinced that tiny D aren't built for the playoffs due to Girard's performance last year, as well as Montreal sneaking into the finals with a D comprised almost entirely of big guys.

Reactions: SensFactor

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Tierney maybe gets a late round pick if we retain
Sanford probably gets a mid-round pick because he's big
Ennis probably gets a late round pick because he isn't
Paul probably gets a 2nd round pick, 3rd at the very least
Watson won't be traded
J.Brown probably gets a mid-late pick, but I don't think he gets moved
Zaitsev will have no interest unless we retain and/or add picks
Del Zotto may be worth a mid-late round pick, but probably with retention
Gambrell probably isn't worth anything, maybe a 7th
Gaudette isn't a playoff player, probably worth nothing
My guesses:

Paul gets us a 2nd rounder at best.
Forsberg gets us a 3rd rounder at best.
Sanford gets us a 5th rounder at best cause he's big and that's about all there is to him.
No interest in any of our other free agents to be. Tierney, Ennis and co play the rest of the season with us.

MDZ might be moved for a 6th rounder only if we retain a bunch.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Tierney = Whatever we can get.

Sanford = Whatever we can get

Ennis = Whatever we can get it keep or rest of the season.

Paul = keep because unless we get 1st which is a high 2nd then 2nd is a early 3rd pick, gives us extra time to low-ball him.

J. Brown= If they want him they can have him for future considerations.

Zaitsev = Will pick up salary to get him out.

Mete = If we can get a puck for him take it, if not we don't qualify him.

Del Zotto = Take whatever we can.

Gambrell = Get whatever we are offered or don't qualify him.

Gaudette = keep him as he won't fetch anything, a body for after the deadline if it's a pick it will be so late of a pick is like a long shot gamble.

White = I shop him and see if their is a market for him, if their is a solid offer I consider a pick and move on we can replace with a UFA.That don't happen unless a miracle happens we buy him out he is a ghost on the ice for most of the nights.

Branny - He can make good outlet passes, creates some offense. He can't defend properly cause of his size and will always be a 3rd string pairing liability on defense. Maybe he has value to some team but maybe that's this summer move.

Murray - No doubt he can be a #1 goalie but this guy is to fragile and is obvious some concussion/PTSD/mental is effecting his game. I would eat cash to get him off the team. He is not reliable anymore that kills the confidence of the team. Maybe just a change of scenery will be what the doctor has ordered. All I know is he is not the #1 goaltender moving forward for Ottawa.

Let's play solid hockey and not worry about the score moving forward. We need the high pick more then we know! The tank is on!

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I must have a blind spot when it comes to Sanford, he is far from great but he’s basically Ennis with size, yet people hate Sanford while liking Ennis. Confounding.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I must have a blind spot when it comes to Sanford, he is far from great but he’s basically Ennis with size, yet people hate Sanford while liking Ennis. Confounding.
At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter they’re both trade bait

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Paul = keep because unless we get 1st which is a high 2nd then 2nd is a early 3rd pick, gives us extra time to low-ball him.

Gaudette = keep him as he won't fetch anything, a body for after the deadline if it's a pick it will be so late of a pick is like a long shot gamble.

White = I shop him and see if their is a market for him, if their is a solid offer I consider a pick and move on we can replace with a UFA.That don't happen unless a miracle happens we buy him out he is a ghost on the ice for most of the nights.

Branny - He can make good outlet passes, creates some offense. He can't defend properly cause of his size and will always be a 3rd string pairing liability on defense. Maybe he has value to some team but maybe that's this summer move.

Murray - No doubt he can be a #1 goalie but this guy is to fragile and is obvious some concussion/PTSD/mental is effecting his game. I would eat cash to get him off the team. He is not reliable anymore that kills the confidence of the team. Maybe just a change of scenery will be what the doctor has ordered. All I know is he is not the #1 goaltender moving forward for Ottawa.

Let's play solid hockey and not worry about the score moving forward. We need the high pick more then we know! The tank is on!

I like it. I can't wait to see what's at the bottom of the cracker jack box Dorion brings in.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Conflicted about Forsberg

Is he a late bloomer that never really got a chance? His positioning looks elite these days

He has been nothing short of exceptional, putting 0.920 SV% behind this kind of team defense is Luongo-esque

Can he sustain this level of play? Or is it better to sell high?

But considering Murray injury-proneness... might have no choice to keep him.

Why would this be good for Ottawa?

It makes our owner richer, which is way more important than our sake (apparently)

Nevermind that Mike Smith turns 40 y/o in 2 weeks

It gives the team the chance to start next season without the question marks around Matt Murray and his poor goaltending.

The "poor goaltending" thing is only a narrative to you, some haters and other people that understand nothing about goaltending.

You just hate Murray period. Just say it instead of trying to explain anything. People are not dumb.

Last edited:

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I think this is Murray Pam bring that, but with Belleville trying to make the playoff. I don t think we see lots of trade because , probably Dorion don t want to call player from BSENS

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

I honestly wouldn't mind bringing him back if the #s are right & if Paul walks. He's been a fine bottom 6er for us.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I think you explain it pretty well.

In the end, similar value players. Guys who are nice insurance policy but hopefully not regulars. Sanford should've been a scratch many times this season much like Ennis. On a good team they're both not regulars, wouldn't give anything for either of them. Hopefully both of them gone asap unless they accept a 13th type role.

I personally particularly hate Sanford because his effort level varies a lot. One game he looks like a power forward that could be a 20-20 player, the 10 after he's floating around. Ennis, although he isn't great by any stretch, seems to have a more honest effort level. It's no wonder St-Louis thought Sanford was expandable and their fans were complaining about the same. If he played with a consistent effort level and grit he'd be a great bottom 6er. He's unfortunately not that player. He was given a tremendous opportunity here to show what he can do, carve a role for himself, and he's been very dissapointing. His impact is nil on most nights. He needs to figure out what he needs to do to be succesful. He needs to play hard and with pace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would legit bring in like 5 right sided d men in the summer and just have them do their own tryout

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think you explain it pretty well.

In the end, similar value players. Guys who are nice insurance policy but hopefully not regulars. Sanford should've been a scratch many times this season much like Ennis. On a good team they're both not regulars, wouldn't give anything for either of them. Hopefully both of them gone asap unless they accept a 13th type role.

I personally particularly hate Sanford because his effort level varies a lot. One game he looks like a power forward that could be a 20-20 player, the 10 after he's floating around. Ennis, although he isn't great by any stretch, seems to have a more honest effort level. It's no wonder St-Louis thought Sanford was expandable and their fans were complaining about the same. If he played with a consistent effort level and grit he'd be a great bottom 6er. He's unfortunately not that player. He was given a tremendous opportunity here to show what he can do, carve a role for himself, and he's been very dissapointing. His impact is nil on most nights. He needs to figure out what he needs to do to be succesful. He needs to play hard and with pace.
Has he been disappointing? I wouldn’t say that disappointing he been a decent compliment in the top six while we are injured. I said it before but I think a team is going to surprise us with a nice piece for him

Reactions: GCK

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Has he been disappointing? I wouldn’t say that disappointing he been a decent compliment in the top six while we are injured. I said it before but I think a team is going to surprise us with a nice piece for him

I certainly hope so, if we could grab a 3rd for him I'd be thrilled so it won't take much for me to be happy.

He's been dissapointing to me at least because I've seen how well he can play when he's on his game. I remember when he got into the league he was forechecking hard, got in areas to score and used that shot too. I haven't seen much of these things with him since in Ottawa, in short spurts but never consistently. I guess he's been pretty much the same player he was last year in St-Louis. They didn't think twice before trading him for nothing - I guess my expectations should be way lower.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Whole bunch of work Dorion created for everyone. Same old crap bringing in underwhelming players and shipping them out then repeat.
Bad manager manages bad.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I certainly hope so, if we could grab a 3rd for him I'd be thrilled so it won't take much for me to be happy.

He's been dissapointing to me at least because I've seen how well he can play when he's on his game. I remember when he got into the league he was forechecking hard, got in areas to score and used that shot too. I haven't seen much of these things with him since in Ottawa, in short spurts but never consistently. I guess he's been pretty much the same player he was last year in St-Louis.
My expectations are always low when we bring in an NHLer.

Reactions: NB613 and Boud

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Tkachuk Norris Batherson
XXX-Stutzle-XXX
Formenton - Pinto - Brown
Greig - Paul - Sokolov

(Kelly Paul Watson until Grieg and Soko are ready)

Chabot Zub
Sanderson - XXX
Holden - Thomson

Need these spots filled by next year's deadline.

Gives us this deadline, a top 5-10 pick at the draft, this summer's free agency/trade market, and next year's deadline to acquire 3 pieces.

One spot likely filled on draft day so really just 1 top 6 forward and 1 2nd pairing dman.

very doable.

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Tkachuk Norris Batherson
XXX-Stutzle-XXX
Formenton - Pinto - Brown
Greig - Paul - Sokolov

(Kelly Paul Watson until Grieg and Soko are ready)

Chabot Zub
Sanderson - XXX
Holden - Thomson

Need these spots filled by next year's deadline.

Gives us this deadline, a top 5-10 pick at the draft, this summer's free agency/trade market, and next year's deadline to acquire 3 pieces.

One spot likely filled on draft day so really just 1 top 6 forward and 1 2nd pairing dman.

very doable.
It’s time to have both JBD and Thomson on the roster. They need to get their NHL careers started.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I would give JBD one more year with Troy Mann

Next year I wouldn't run with 3 rookies on defense. Sanderson and whoever wins between Thomson and JBD at camp
JBD doesn’t need another year nor does Thomson. They both need to start in the NHL. Having 3 rookies next year means no rookies in 2023/24. 3 rookies would be a big upgrade on what we currently have. We would definitely need a couple of vets on 2 ways on the right side though.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
JBD doesn’t need another year nor does Thomson. They both need to start in the NHL. Having 3 rookies next year means no rookies in 2023/24. 3 rookies would be a big upgrade on what we currently have. We would definitely need a couple of vets on 2 ways on the right side though.
JBD hasn't shown to be ready he can learn a lot in the AHL next year. Thomson seems more ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad