Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I could see Ottawa and Edmonton both thinking this could be good for their teams.

Ott: Mike Smith
Edm: Matt Murray, 2nd round pick, Zach Sanford

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It's a downgrade in net and comes at the cost of a 2nd +. Murray is contracted for one extra year compared to Smith.

I assume you eat Mike Smith's money or he’s your 3rd pro goalie and you extend Forsberg (probably cheap) and have Gus as the backup.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I could see Ottawa and Edmonton both thinking this could be good for their teams.

Ott: Mike Smith
Edm: Matt Murray, 2nd round pick, Zach Sanford
Doesn’t work for Edmonton. They have zero cap space

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It gives the team the chance to start next season without the question marks around Matt Murray and his poor goaltending. That’s the real reason, reset like getting rid of Dadonov or Phaneuf

Instead it’s question marks around Forsberg, Gustavsson and Smith?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Sanford would be an upgrade on the 4th line of many contending teams. That's an easy 4th rounder for Dorion to pick up, and possibly the only deal he makes at the deadline.

If I was a contending team I'd trade future considerations for him and sit him as 13th F. Floater.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t buy it for 1 second he could get 20 on this team, this year which was what was postulated. I can’t stand him as a player so I may be somewhat biased
The coach seemed to like him on the pk.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If J Brown gets a draft pick in return, it will prove that NHL GMs don’t watch games.... just read a players hockeydb page and think “big rugged d-man!”

We got a draft pick for Coburn and Gudbranson, and Brown is better than they were last year.

If he's traded he'll probably get a mid round pick.

Reactions: aragorn

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
We got a draft pick for Coburn and Gudbranson, and Brown is better than they were last year.

If he's traded he'll probably get a mid round pick.
He is about the same as Gudbranson, but Gudbranson probably had a better pedigree.

Both Gudbranson and Cobourn got us a 7th, and that is absolute best case for J Brown, IMO.

Reactions: Alfie11

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why would this be good for Ottawa?

Why would it be good for Edm too, both teams could lose this trade, Murray is too undependable these days. And if Edm is hoping for a playoff spot you need good consistent goaltending & you need your goaltending to stay healthy. It's too risky IMO.

Reactions: Korpse

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He is about the same as Gudbranson, but Gudbranson probably had a better pedigree.

Both Gudbranson and Cobourn got us a 7th, and that is absolute best case for J Brown, IMO.

I've long been a critic of Brown but he's been quite good the past dozen games, excluding the one against Arizona of course.

If teams are scouting they should offer more than either of those two IMO.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Forsberg might be the third best goalie available at the deadline if you take stats and name value

thats pretty funny when you think about it

Reactions: Yak

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hopefully teams with goaltending issues like Edmonton and Toronto are watching Forsberg

.920 SV% right now in front of a bad defense. Has played like a top 10 starter this year.

Even if he's unlikely to repeat this next season, adding one of the best goalies this year has to be worth at least a 3rd.

Reactions: DrEasy

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Trade 'em all for whatever you can get:

Tierney
Sanford
Ennis
Paul
Watson
J. Brown
Zaitsev
Mete
Del Zotto
Gambrell
Gaudette

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Forsberg might be the third best goalie available at the deadline if you take stats and name value

thats pretty funny when you think about it

Who are the other two?

I assume Fleury is one, but he doesn't want to be traded and he does have a 10 team NTC.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Who are the other two?

I assume Fleury is one, but he doesn't want to be traded and he does have a 10 team NTC.

so the fleury report is weird because it started with steve simmons saying he doesnt want to be traded then like an hour later saying a second source said he is going to be traded so im counting him as one

varlamov is the other imo even with the extra year left

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Trade 'em all for whatever you can get:

Tierney
Sanford
Ennis
Paul
Watson
J. Brown