Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
lots of talk on the radio that Ottawa should bring back Forsberg. I just get Condon vibes from him. I think they need to separate the Murray issues and Forsberg issues when dealing with them. Just cause the Murray move looks bad I am not sure trying to gamble on Forsberg on a cheap contract to play well is the way to go.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
lots of talk on the radio that Ottawa should bring back Forsberg. I just get Condon vibes from him. I think they need to separate the Murray issues and Forsberg issues when dealing with them. Just cause the Murray move looks bad I am not sure trying to gamble on Forsberg on a cheap contract to play well is the way to go.

To me it depends on cost, don’t give him a Condon or Nilsson contract but if you can get him on a Hammond contract or lower AAV I’d be fine with it.

The team can’t afford to go into the season with only Murray, Gus and some 22 year old and under goalie prospects.

I hate to say it but best case scenario for the Sens might be Murray deciding not to risk his health after that many concussions and going on LTIR. He’d protect his future with his family, the Sens could trade him for assets to a contender in need of cap space.

Reactions: HSF

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
We have to fully commit to the tank again. Sell off the depth and be active on July 1st.

Tierney
Sanford
Ennis
Paul
Watson
J. Brown
Zaitsev
Mete
Del Zotto
Gambrell
Gaudette

The experiment isn't working very well.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
We have to fully commit to the tank again. Sell off the depth and be active on July 1st.

Tierney
Sanford
Ennis
Paul
Watson
J. Brown
Zaitsev
Mete
Del Zotto
Gambrell
Gaudette

The experiment isn't working very well.

The risk is that then they play the young guys and the NHL team might improve while the AHL team misses the playoffs.

Would you bring in waiver filler to avoid decimating Belleville with callups?

To me the juice in return for Ennis, Gaudette and Gambrell probably won’t be worth the squeeze. I’d also keep Watson around for the room.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
To me it depends on cost, don’t give him a Condon or Nilsson contract but if you can get him on a Hammond contract or lower AAV I’d be fine with it.

The team can’t afford to go into the season with only Murray, Gus and some 22 year old and under goalie prospects.

I hate to say it but best case scenario for the Sens might be Murray deciding not to risk his health after that many concussions and going on LTIR. He’d protect his future with his family, the Sens could trade him for assets to a contender in need of cap space.
I agree that Murray + Gus is risky. I am just not sure that Forsberg is the answer to that

Reactions: Alfie11 and Bileur

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
JBD hasn't shown to be ready he can learn a lot in the AHL next year. Thomson seems more ready
Completely disagree. Watch some Belleville games and tell me JBD isn’t completely ready for a 3rd pair slot with Holden at a minimum.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I agree that Murray + Gus is risky. I am just not sure that Forsberg is the answer to that
I hear what you are saying. It’s a tough spot.
Murray - Unreliable to be available. Forget about his play, he is always hurt.

Forsberg - unproven as a 50 game goalie and is unsigned.

Gus - unproven as well.

3 question marks. I think Gus + Forsberg at least provides the comfort of being available.

Reactions: HSF

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Garland would fit like a glove here in terms of play style

Reactions: Boud

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
How much would it cost to re-sign Forsberg? If it's anything north of $2M we'd be making the same mistake as when we signed both Condon and Anderson to extensions, i.e. the fact that any given night you have at least $2M sitting on your bench not contributing to your team. We can't afford allocating money like that, when our budget is so small and needs to be maximized.

Only one of Murray and Forsberg should be on this team next season.

Reactions: aragorn

R2010

May 23, 2011

What was wrong with Ni

What was wrong with Nilsson? I thought he was great for us when healthy. If he stayed healthy we likely would have avoided making a number of mistakes that we did...

R2010

May 23, 2011
What was wrong with Ni

What was wrong with Nilsson? I thought he was great for us when healthy. If he stayed healthy we likely would have avoided making a number of mistakes that we did...

Like 20 W / 20 L and a 911 Sv% on a putrid team. I was really happy with his performance even technically. I think he would have been a better fit than Murray. Too bad he got hurt.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
How much would it cost to re-sign Forsberg? If it's anything north of $2M we'd be making the same mistake as when we signed both Condon and Anderson to extensions, i.e. the fact that any given night you have at least $2M sitting on your bench not contributing to your team. We can't afford allocating money like that, when our budget is so small and needs to be maximized.

Only one of Murray and Forsberg should be on this team next season.
I hope we can get him to sign a 3 year deal with $2 million aav, trade Murray and use the capspace elsewhere

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Completely disagree. Watch some Belleville games and tell me JBD isn’t completely ready for a 3rd pair slot with Holden at a minimum.
Chabot - Lassi
Sanderson - Zuuuub
Holden - JBD

Is that what you're thinking?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Chabot - Lassi
Sanderson - Zuuuub
Holden - JBD

Is that what you're thinking?
That’s what I am hoping for given the obvious organizational limitations. If we had a real owner and a competent GM we would parlay one of JBD or Thomson along with additional assets to get a legitimate top 4 RD with term. There are teams every year than need to rework the furniture due to cap problems or playoff failures.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
That’s what I am hoping for given the obvious organizational limitations. If we had a real owner and a competent GM we would parlay one of JBD or Thomson along with additional assets to get a legitimate top 4 RD with term. There are teams every year than need to rework the furniture due to cap problems or playoff failures.
Who would you prefer to keep, Lassi or JBD? I think Lassi. JBD and a second could be a good starting point.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Who would you prefer to keep, Lassi or JBD? I think Lassi. JBD and a second could be a good starting point.
I prefer JBD but many prefer Lassi. I would trade either in the scenario of obtaining a solid top 4 RD, whichever is more enticing to the other GM.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I prefer JBD but many prefer Lassi. I would trade either in the scenario of obtaining a solid top 4 RD, whichever is more enticing to the other GM.
Ok. Would the 2024 first be in play? 2024 first and Lassi would bring in a good player no?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ok. Would the 2024 first be in play? 2024 first and Lassi would bring in a good player no?
Teams usually don’t like trading for picks that far out and I’m loathe to use 1sts.

Id think a combination of one of the two RD kids + our 2nd while not sending any money back would be close. I’d add for the right player.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Teams usually don’t like trading for picks that far out and I’m loathe to use 1sts.

Id think a combination of one of the two RD kids + our 2nd while not sending any money back would be close. I’d add for the right player.
Pesce in Carolina is out of our range?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa clearly has three contracts worth over $15 mil that are going to be very difficult, if not impossible to move in Zaitsev, Murray & White until their last yr of their contracts. IMO Forsberg will get traded because they won't be able to afford to keep three goalies next yr & they don't want to risk losing Gus who will need to go through waivers. Murray has two yrs left on his deal at $6 mil which given his play & injury problems will be very difficult to move regardless if money is retained.

Zaitsev has 2 more yrs left on his contract & unless they retain I don't see them able to move him until his last yr & given his play who would want him? I wonder how sorry Vegas is for trading for Dadonov? White could get bought out & maybe they should, but at the same time they could also still want to give him another opportunity, but who would want him at that salary? IMO he is what he is & could easily be passed as soon as next season. And I hope they don't give away assets to move these guys either but they may if they want to move them now.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Could we get Georgiev out of NYR? Gus and Paul?

I don't think they need Gustavsson.

Shestyorkin is a young future Vezina winner and their recently selected goalies Garand, Huska, Boyko and Ollas are all putting up good numbers.

A swap that could make sense is something around Forsberg+ for Georgiev. They get the better goalie for this season and some insurance if Shestyorkin goes down, we get a younger goalie who sucks this year but put up good NHL numbers in his previous 4 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad