Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have been very high on Sens young players and continue to be

However, can't say that I am very confident in the rebuild working out. Eugene Melnyk, Pierre Dorion, Pierre McGuire, DJ Smith, Jack Capuano... I don't know but it doesn't inspire me confidence

So are we going to trade Nick Paul, Connor Brown and Artem Zub?

Batherson will have 5 years left after this season. Chabot and Tkachuk 6 years. Chabot turned 25 years old.

If we trade Paul, Brown and Zub, who replaces them adequately and how long will it take? When will we make the playoffs? When will we seriously compete?

Imagine going into a scorched earth rebuild by trading several STARS in their prime and not do much better than what the 2011-17 Sens (who only did a rebuild on the fly) did? Made the playoffs 4 out of 6 seasons and won 3 rounds (1 ECF).

Not buying that for 1 second.

Not buying what? That Duclair could score 20+ on the Sens?

I mean... he scored 23 goals in 66 games in his last (and only) season here.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yes he was great for half a season and awful for the other half.
20+ goals on the Ottawa senators. That’s a good season I’m not sure why duclair gets the “but when he wasn’t scoring, he actually didn’t score goals” treatment.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Why do we as a fan base keep bringing up Duclair? Get over it. Some things can’t be rationalized.

Oh, and speaking of that… Does anyone else know where Nick Schmaltz went to college? You get one guess.

Can’t wait for the Boedkker 2.0 trade.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I have been very high on Sens young players and continue to be

However, can't say that I am very confident in the rebuild working out. Eugene Melnyk, Pierre Dorion, Pierre McGuire, DJ Smith, Jack Capuano... I don't know but it doesn't inspire me confidence

So are we going to trade Nick Paul, Connor Brown and Artem Zub?

Batherson will have 5 years left after this season. Chabot and Tkachuk 6 years. Chabot turned 25 years old.

If we trade Paul, Brown and Zub, who replaces them adequately and how long will it take? When will we make the playoffs? When will we seriously compete?

Imagine going into a scorched earth rebuild by trading several STARS in their prime and not do much better than what the 2011-2016 Sens (who only did a rebuild on the fly) did?

Not buying what? That Duclair could score 20+ on the Sens?

I mean... he scored 23 goals in 66 games in his last (and only) season here.
Yeah but if you remove the games where he scored he actually had 0 goals on the season

Reactions: DrEasy and Xspyrit

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He actually did it. This isn’t a hypothetical it actually happened
I don’t buy it for 1 second he could get 20 on this team, this year which was what was postulated. I can’t stand him as a player so I may be somewhat biased

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I don’t buy it for 1 second he could get 20 on this team, this year which was what was postulated. I can’t stand him as a player so I may be somewhat biased

Yeah, you're biased. Put Duclair in the top six and PP and he scores around 20. When he scored 23 in the 19/20 season as a team we were scoring 2.7 per game. This year it's 2.6. Very comparable.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So you are saying our roster is worse now?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Ottawa's additions in the last two seasons are:
Dadanov Zub Watson Anisimov Stepan Gudbranson Mete Coburn Galchenyuk Murray Forsberg Ennis Sanford Gaudette Holden J. Brown Gambrell Del Zotto

So we really shouldnt be expecting any big change this offseason. It is also why buying out White makes little sense because that crop of forwards listed above is worse haha.

Bring in Sanderson. We have an advantage of a lot of assets but a poor pro scouting department, bunch together two-three assets and get a middle six forward to add to the team and hope for better internal improvement

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Is Paul seriously a goner? God this org sucks.

According to Big Bruce, Sanford, Forsberg, Josh Brown, and possibly Nick Paul are gone, unless they work something out with Paul. It sounded like Bruce was setting up the old "well we tried to sign him" routine again. Then there's apparently teams checking in on MDZ as well.

Reactions: lancepitlick

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
According to Big Bruce, Sanford, Forsberg, Josh Brown, and possibly Nick Paul are gone, unless they work something out with Paul. It sounded like Bruce was setting up the old "well we tried to sign him" routine again. Then there's apparently teams checking in on MDZ as well.

I'm okay with all those players gone, with Paul being the lowest on the list (obviously).
If he isn't willing to sign 2-3M/year; I don't really see the benefit of keeping him.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why do we as a fan base keep bringing up Duclair? Get over it. Some things can’t be rationalized.

Oh, and speaking of that… Does anyone else know where Nick Schmaltz went to college? You get one guess.

Can’t wait for the Boedkker 2.0 trade.

UND

Reactions: Que

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Adding a top 6 forward in the offseason is a must IMO. (getting Buchnevich last year would have been nice but alas).

Reactions: NB613

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
It's not okay that Chris Tierney isn't on this list.

Reactions: robsenz

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

That's not exactly what was said.

On Paul - Still believes that a 3 or 4 year deal will be worked out before the deadline, but if it can't he'll obviously be dealt.

On Forsberg - Thinks they may keep him beyond the deadline and make a decision at the end of the season. There is some trade interest.

On Sanford - Expects him to move

On Brown - There 'may' be interest because he's 'rugged'. I'm skeptical.

It's not okay that Chris Tierney isn't on this list.

Nobody is going to want him. People should probably get used to the idea of Tierney playing out the string here.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm for trading five or more of these guys if possible ...

Sanford - I'm sure some team might want his SC experience for depth
Forsberg - I assume some teams might want better backup goaltending
Tierny - maybe a depth trade, more likely leaves after contract is done
J. Brown - could play a depth role on a playoff team
Ennis - doubtful anyone wants him
Sabourin - maybe someone wants this guy against a tough playoff team
Agozzino - likely just won't re-sign
Shaw - likely just won't re-sign
Leslie - likely just won't re-sign

Others who could be traded ...

Gambrell - might be a good depth player, should not re-sign
Gaudette - might be a good depth player, should not re-sign
Bishop - might be a good depth player, should not re-sign
Mete - might be a good depth player, should not re-sign
Brannstrom - more likely a draft day trade or packaged or not traded

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Paul is the only guy I could see teams wanting for a run.

None of our trade pieces are valuable outside of him.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Paul is the best only guy I could see teams wanting for a run.

Sanford is a big guy and a lot of gms are dinosaurs so i can see a decent amount of interest in him even though it is not warranted

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Paul is the best only guy I could see teams wanting for a run.

I can see Stanford and Forsberg moving for a 3rd or 4th and J Brown getting a late round pick.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Sanford would be an upgrade on the 4th line of many contending teams. That's an easy 4th rounder for Dorion to pick up, and possibly the only deal he makes at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad