Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
That never hit 40 pts. Injuries are a thing in contact sports. There is certainly a possibility that Brannstrom stays healthy and he doesn't, there a chance he twists an ankle oreaks a toe, meanwhile Brannstrom has the skill set to put up numbers in the right circumstances, heck he could catch fire and straight up match Dvorak's career best 45 pts pace, it's not the most likely but it's not beyond belief that it could happen. Dvorak could also finally break out and crack 60, I won't bet on it but I wouldn't discount the possibility

I'm not advocating for trading for him unless it's cheap, but the seasons being shortended had nothing to do with injuries (I assume you would know this). You can confidently say he would have hit 40+ in both seasons.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I can't even fathom how our management and coaching staff is looking at our defense and saying:

"Wow Coburn and Gudbranson were f***ing terrible for us last season and we lost a ton of winnable hockey games as a result of being unable to get the puck out of the defensive zone. Sure, our whole season turned aroudn when Brannstrom and Mete were added to the roster, but f*** those guys, they're small. Let's add noted pylons Holden and Josh Brown to the starting roster and trade Brannstrom to make room for them. Oh, Holden is like 34 years old and Josh Brown wasn't even able to get Gudbranson off the roster but whatever. I'm sure it will work out fine"

Dorion needs to be f***ing fired.

Feels like a ridiculous over-reaction to what, at the moment, appears to be a completely made up scenario.

Why are you promoting Dorion's firing over something that has not even happened, and may not ever happen?

Reactions: Beville

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Your average defenseman plays 20 minutes a night. There are 120 minutes to go around to the defenseman per game and you have 6 guys to spread it around.
We have chabot and zub who deserve over 20 minutes. Brannstrom is the only one who might join that group. Everyone else is preferable in a bottom pair getting under 20 minutes.

Defense is not a position of strength yet to be trading away one of the guys with the most potential.
Brannstrom will be at best a 3rd pairing LD once Sanderson gets here. Time to look at getting some value for him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Brannstrom will be at best a 3rd pairing LD once Sanderson gets here. Time to look at getting some value for him.

I agree with getting some value for him, but there’s still the possibility that he finally ends up playing RD alongside Sanderson. If Brann takes another step forward we would be silly to trade him because he had some very interesting flashes of his potential both offensively and defensively. A Sanderson-Brannstrom 2nd pairing has everything you need and would have the potential to outscore the lines it matches against.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I agree with getting some value for him, but there’s still the possibility that he finally ends up playing RD alongside Sanderson. If Brann takes another step forward we would be silly to trade him because he had some very interesting flashes of his potential both offensively and defensively. A Sanderson-Brannstrom 2nd pairing has everything you need and would have the potential to outscore the lines it matches against.
Watching Brannstrom trying to clear a puck on his backhand is enough to cause a seizure. I can’t ever see him playing the right side in the NHL.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Sure, but Sanderson will get a few games at the end of this year. He'll then be a rookie next year.. it's 22-23 where we should rely on him to adequately provide top 4 play. Until then, develop brannstrom and raise his value.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
He's a top 30 league wide prospect. Essentially the best prospect on a team with not a lot of prospects or the 2nd best on a team with a lot of prospects.

I fear we won't get good value for him.

Yeah I am not so confident we will get great value as well, I am fine with moving him as I do not see a long term fit on the Sens roster but I would only want to move him in a package for a top line player

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
apparently the Sharks are interested in Dvorak, they should throw Hertl our way with an extension so they have space for him :)

Edit: he has a 3 team trade list - so nevermind lol

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The only reason we should be trading Brannstrom is if we can get a similarly-valued young potential top 6 forward in return, or if he's included in a package for a legit #1 center (not Monahan/Strome/Dvorak/Henrique).

Someone like Vilardi or R.Thomas would be nice.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sure, but Sanderson will get a few games at the end of this year. He'll then be a rookie next year.. it's 22-23 where we should rely on him to adequately provide top 4 play. Until then, develop brannstrom and raise his value.
Or completely cave his value.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The only reason we should be trading Brannstrom is if we can get a similarly-valued young potential top 6 forward in return, or if he's included in a package for a legit #1 center (not Monahan/Strome/Dvorak/Henrique).

Someone like Vilardi or R.Thomas would be nice.
I would say those players have more value than Brannstrom.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I hope it's not just going to be Brannstrom for forward help and that's it.

It's defense that needs the most help, AINEC
Isn't Dorion on record saying he likes the defense as is? Seems doubtful he'll do anything if that's what he said. I might be confusing his comments with DJ's though.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Isn't Dorion on record saying he likes the defense as is? Seems doubtful he'll do anything if that's what he said. I might be confusing his comments with DJ's though.

The comments made after the Zub extension make me anxious... Didn't he say that Zaitsev is "elite"? That with JBD and Thomson coming, our RD will be really strong so that's why it wasn't needed to commit to Zub longer than 2 years?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I hope it's not just going to be Brannstrom for forward help and that's it.

It's defense that needs the most help, AINEC
We have a gap at 2LD but it’s pretty clear we have our top 4 for 22/23 set.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The comments made after the Zub extension make me anxious... Didn't he say that Zaitsev is "elite"? That with JBD and Thomson coming, our RD will be really strong so that's why it wasn't needed to commit to Zub longer than 2 years?

Made it sound like Zub is a stop gap until future top 4 defensemen JBD and Thomson are ready.

I hope they realize in 2 years that Thomson isn't the D they thought he was when they drafted him 19th OVR and don't let a good top 4 D walk to make room for him.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad