Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Who is giving up a 7th for the healthy scratch Coburn that we had to be paid a 2nd to take from Tbay... Maybe if we're lucky we can be the ones giving up a 5th-7th for someone to take him
Depth defencemen are always in demand.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Depth defencemen are always in demand.
Sure, and teams get those via expiring contracts playing (not scratched after at team is paid to take them) on the botom 4 of teams missing the playoffs. Nobody is taking Coburn imo little lone paying for him.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sure, and teams get those via expiring contracts playing (not scratched after at team is paid to take them) on the botom 4 of teams missing the playoffs. Nobody is taking Coburn imo little lone paying for him.
We will see.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Chabot is gonna break down if this continues. We need more capable NHL defensemen. They're gonna break him like they broke Karlsson. Would also like to see Zub get a bigger role. Thatd a help a ton.

i agree, i personally believe we should be targeting schmidt from vancouver

they currently have 23.7 million to sign 10-12 people to contracts for next season, which includes at minimum offering bridge contracts to petersson (if we use matthew as a comparable 7 million), hughes (if we use mcavoy as a comparable (4.9 million) and demko (probably somewhere between jarry and binnington, 3.5-4.4 million) which would give them around 8 million to sign 7-9 players to add at least 2 if not more top 4 dmen

so long story short haha thats a situation where we can and should take advantage

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Nhl gms are generally not very good and will almost always make bad moves. It’s the one thing you can count on. they love depth d men that have won cups. I won’t be surprised if there are takers. Heck Jarod Tinordi just got picked up and he’s just terrible. And doesn’t have a cup.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Did you think teams were going to line up for Ron Hainsey last year too?
I actually don’t remember trade deadline day last year.. did we make it to the date?

but yeah I’d have assumed a GM would take hainsey. Maybe Dorion didn’t want to give him up.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
i agree, i personally believe we should be targeting schmidt from vancouver

they currently have 23.7 million to sign 10-12 people to contracts for next season, which includes at minimum offering bridge contracts to petersson (if we use matthew as a comparable 7 million), hughes (if we use mcavoy as a comparable (4.9 million) and demko (probably somewhere between jarry and binnington, 3.5-4.4 million) which would give them around 8 million to sign 7-9 players to add at least 2 if not more top 4 dmen

so long story short haha thats a situation where we can and should take advantage
It’s actually about 24M to sign 7-9 players. They have 14 under contract once you add Loui from the TS and Ferland and Motte from LTIR.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
It’s actually about 24M to sign 7-9 players. They have 14 under contract once you add Loui from the TS and Ferland and Motte from LTIR.

i was looking at cap friendly, which i figured would have been added in. Because if Loui and motte arent added in then that should reduce their cap space right? Unless cap friendly is being weird or im missing something. Im not adding ferland to it as he seems done done

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
i was looking at cap friendly, which i figured would have been added in. Because if Loui and motte arent added in then that should reduce their cap space right? Unless cap friendly is being weird or im missing something. Im not adding ferland to it as he seems done done
Capfriendly is adding in salary for the 3 I mentioned but aren’t including them in the roster because they are currently TS and LTIR. They are also including Dipietro at his NHL salary.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Chabot is gonna break down if this continues. We need more capable NHL defensemen. They're gonna break him like they broke Karlsson. Would also like to see Zub get a bigger role. Thatd a help a ton.

I'd love to get a D that can eat some minutes. Dumba is my dream acquisition right now but not sure Minnesota moves him since they appear to be contending for the division title. Another player to target could be someone like Ekholm off Nashville. They need a rebuild/retool and maybe we could put together a package for him.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'd love to get a D that can eat some minutes. Dumba is my dream acquisition right now but not sure Minnesota moves him since they appear to be contending for the division title. Another player to target could be someone like Ekholm off Nashville. They need a rebuild/retool and maybe we could put together a package for him.
We’d move him at the deadline if Guerin doesn’t think we can compete for a cup. If he does, he’d likely still try and move him before the ED. Can’t see a trade that makes a ton of sense between the two teams though. We’d want a young center or 1st for him, and White doesn’t get it done.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We’d move him at the deadline if Guerin doesn’t think we can compete for a cup. If he does, he’d likely still try and move him before the ED. Can’t see a trade that makes a ton of sense between the two teams though. We’d want a young center or 1st for him, and White doesn’t get it done.

I would say Pinto starts the conversation. Then it's just a question of what the secondary piece(s) will be.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would say Pinto starts the conversation. Then it's just a question of what the secondary piece(s) will be.
Would imagine Pinto is a non-starter for them, as he should be. If I were then I probably wouldn’t really want Dumba. He’s awesome, but will also probably be a UFA by the time they’re legit

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

Honestly yeah, I can't see pieces that Ottawa would be willing to give up to pry Dumba. I'd try to make a package around White, LBrown, retained salary on a forward that could be a depth guy for y'all (Stepan or Anisimov?) and a conditional draft pick to get er done, but think it'd be worth it for y'all to keep Dumba. Probably one of the deepest defenses in the league imo

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Would also love to pry Lindholm out of Anaheim as well, not sure what the Quacks would be looking for in return. Seems like they're putting all their chips on Zegras being a cure to all their woes but I reckon they're just waiting to see what their player development is like

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Honestly yeah, I can't see pieces that Ottawa would be willing to give up to pry Dumba. I'd try to make a package around White, LBrown, retained salary on a forward that could be a depth guy for y'all (Stepan or Anisimov?) and a conditional draft pick to get er done, but think it'd be worth it for y'all to keep Dumba. Probably one of the deepest defenses in the league imo

Would also love to pry Lindholm out of Anaheim as well, not sure what the Quacks would be looking for in return. Seems like they're putting all their chips on Zegras being a cure to all their woes but I reckon they're just waiting to see what their player development is like
Would love either, but both Lindholm and Ekholm will need new contracts after next year, so I'd wager we wouldn't be in on them knowing we likely can't afford them long term.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
We need a top 4 RD. I’d be willing to trade a forward prospect for a RD, or ideally we sign someone like Savard to shore up our RD position in the off-season.

chabot 25 mins- Zub 20 mins
Brannstrom 20 mins - Player X 20 mins
Player Y 17 mins- Zaitsev 18 mins

need a reliable defensive guy to play with Brannstom and a puck mover to play with Zaitsev. JBD and Sanderson might be those guys in the near future, but doubt either are ready in 2021. Don’t want to resign Reilly or Gudbranson, don’t care for J. Brown or Wolanin all too much.

Reactions: DrEasy and NB613

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sens should be going hard to get Fabbro. He's not on their untouchable list, is 22, and fits into our D core like a glove. Perfect compliment on the right side to either Chabot or Sanderson.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We need a top 4 RD. I’d be willing to trade a forward prospect for a RD, or ideally we sign someone like Savard to shore up our RD position in the off-season.

chabot 25 mins- Zub 20 mins
Brannstrom 20 mins - Player X 20 mins
Player Y 17 mins- Zaitsev 18 mins

need a reliable defensive guy to play with Brannstom and a puck mover to play with Zaitsev. JBD and Sanderson might be those guys in the near future, but doubt either are ready in 2021. Don’t want to resign Reilly or Gudbranson, don’t care for J. Brown or Wolanin all too much.
Doesn’t really fit in the budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad